Votes: 24 66.7%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It wasn't good at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED it!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I agree with you. I have found so much symbolism and inspiration in HP. It was my step-daughters who grew up with Harry, but I found so much in them, reading as an adult. Delightful.

I was ever so sad after getting online for the first time in a week and being on spring break to find out that Richard Griffiths who played Uncle Vernon had died from complications of heart surgery. He was such a brilliant actor and will be sorely missed. May he rest-in-peace!

Yes he was. I could never see anyone else playing Uncle Vernon. It was such a sad thing when I first read it. I'm grateful that we got him to finish his role as Vernon Dursley. It's a shame that he couldn't overcome the complications from surgery. R.I.P. Richard Griffiths. He will live on forever in fans of his and Harry Potter.

I've been playing on Pottermore all day...it's pretty awesome! I hate you can't make your own username though...thankfully my computer remembers my username otherwise I would have to look it up everytime. Feliciswing10193

R.I.P Richard Griffiths the perfect "Uncle Vernon"

Way back when they had the pre-opening of Pottermore and you could sign up ahead of the crowd for early access, my step-daughters signed me up because I was sick at the time and they knew that would cheer me up. But I have never had time to get up and running with it. If I had more time to play online I definitely would, sounds cool.

I am going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in November! My husband's business is taking him to Orlando, so, yay! Can't wait.

Way back when they had the pre-opening of Pottermore and you could sign up ahead of the crowd for early access, my step-daughters signed me up because I was sick at the time and they knew that would cheer me up. But I have never had time to get up and running with it. If I had more time to play online I definitely would, sounds cool.

I am going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in November! My husband's business is taking him to Orlando, so, yay! Can't wait.
Awesome!! Maybe we will have to make that a trip next year....or eventually. LOL. I'd love to go.

I signed up for Pottermore then too but I couldn't get in for a while or something like that. It's pretty cool.

Pottermore is such a fun idea; I really like reading new information about the books from J.K and seeing the illustrator's interpretations of chapters from the books rather than just taking appearances straight from the films.

I went to the Studio Tour near London a few months ago and that was very enjoyable. :D

Studio Tour sounds very cool!

I doubt I will get the time to explore Pottermore as I would like to. :( It sounds neat though.

Can't wait for Wizarding World in Orlando. Has anyone been? One of my step-daughters may come, too, which would be fabulous. We haven't been to Orlando since she and her sister were pretty young. It would be great to revisit, especially Harry Potter World, now that they are grown up.

Thanks Fernie!

We did go to HP World at Universal Studios last fall, and it was magnificent! The motion ride/roller coaster "Forbidden Journey" was amazing! It was totally like flying around Hogwarts with Harry and Ron ... seeing the dragon from the Tri-Wizard Tournament, the bones of the basilisk, Dementors and so much more. It was so well done. We rode twice, walked all over and around Hogsmeade, saw the little show ay Olivander's where a wand actually chose a little girl in the crowd ... it was all fantastic and magical.

Now the kids and I are saving our money until fall 2015 when we think we'll be able to go back and see Diagon Alley which was just added, with the Hogwarts Express running between there and Hogsmeade. This is exactly what we were wishing for in the fall, and we can't wait to go back and see how it all comes together. If you get the chance, definitely go, and definitely try to find some way to get early admission to the park. We were able to go in an hour before opening, and we had Wizarding World almost all to ourselves. It was tremendous.

I just saw a picture of Bonnie Wright(Ginny Weasley) from the Small Steps Project in 2014. I never saw this picture of her until now. She's wearing glasses in the picture I'm going to share, and think she looks mighty beautiful in it. What does everyone else think?

Attachments

• anne-gables-harry=potter-ginny-bonnie-wright-small-steps-2014-untitled.jpg
    anne-gables-harry=potter-ginny-bonnie-wright-small-steps-2014-untitled.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 30
According to his article on Harry wikia, James Sirius Potter is starting his first year at Hogwarts this year. 2017 will officially be 19 years later in the qpilogue

MrBob

I've thought about how the "epilogue" technically hasn't happened in real life yet.... Ironic. :p

Personally, I can't wait until Pottermore releases the Patronus Test; JKR has said she's making one.

We are going back to Universal's Wizarding World in November! My husband, his two grown-up girls, my niece and her husband and my brother and sister-in-law. I am so excited about it! I am continually studying up on Wizarding World in both parks and planning our visit ... We're staying one night at a Universal Hotel so we get early admission to the WWHP for two days (we're staying a week in Orlando, but we could only afford one night at the Universal Hotel, but it works because we get early admission for 2 days). It's going to be a blast.

How funny that the epilogue of DH is only happening right now ... I never thought of that at all!

Back