Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, if you read several pages back, you'll see that I'm very fond of the movie, except for those 3 characters. ;) Gotten used to it isn't the point; the point is that this film was supposed to go before the originals, therefore making a bridge in order to show us how these beloved characters got to their 5 year mission. I don't believe these 3 characters potrayed that (I'm still in conflict over Spock; I'd have to see the movie again to make sure)

Well, I think Anton had a fab Russian accent. He is Russian after all. : ) Though I mean, you can't really kill the guy for having a thicker accent? I mean, he's younger than he was in the original, and I know lots of people - my father included - who lose their accent a little as they spend time in other countries, or around other people from other countries. So. : ) Haha. That's my defense on Anton, because I love him so much. Haha. : P

Well, I think Anton had a fab Russian accent. He is Russian after all. : ) Though I mean, you can't really kill the guy for having a thicker accent? I mean, he's younger than he was in the original, and I know lots of people - my father included - who lose their accent a little as they spend time in other countries, or around other people from other countries. So. : ) Haha. That's my defense on Anton, because I love him so much. Haha. : P
I was thinking the same thing: Checkov would have had a thicker accent as a younger man. That makes sense. I thought the new actors for all the characters were good; Scottie was probably my least favorite as he didn't seem to have the same motor-head attitude as Scottie, but I still thought he was OK. I always think of Scottie as really not interested in anything but engineering, and the new young Scottie seemed like kind of a cool guy with other interests ...

Like I said before, I never watched the originals, so to me it's whether or not it's a good film or not, &c. I liked this Scotty a lot, probably because I love the actor (Simon Pegg), and I think he did a good job with it.

The only person I didn't like was Eric Bana (Nero). I thought he was actually really bad, and I hated every scene he was in. For some reason, I just did; he was quite bothersome.

Speaking of the Oscars ... haha ... I wonder how many nominations this'll get? Hey, now with the Academy going back to ten Best Picture nominees, maybe this'll get one. : ) Though, in all seriousness, it probably will.

I have a feeling it'd be nominated for Best Special Effects. Maybe even Best Picture, with how popular it was/is. Best Director perhaps? I don't see it being nominated in the Best Score/Music category, because I think that the music was below the originals, even though it was a great score. (I thought, anyways)

I have a feeling it'd be nominated for Best Special Effects. Maybe even Best Picture, with how popular it was/is. Best Director perhaps? I don't see it being nominated in the Best Score/Music category, because I think that the music was below the originals, even though it was a great score. (I thought, anyways)

I think it could def win Effects. I hope it gets Best Picture, not just because of how popular it was - because popular movies generally are not great (cough cough, Twilight and Transformers ... haha) - but because it really was a fantastic movie.

It seems to me, though, it may be one of the two films I've seen this summer worthy of Best Picture (the other being Up).

The Acadmey may have done themselves in!! :rolleyes:

It's really hard for a fantaasy or sci-fi movie to win best picture ... the Academy always looks for some deep, meaningful message, and they don't particularly want the message paired with exploding space stations. I doubt we'll see this one winning many Oscars.

I think it could def win Effects. I hope it gets Best Picture, not just because of how popular it was - because popular movies generally are not great (cough cough, Twilight and Transformers ... haha) - but because it really was a fantastic movie.

It seems to me, though, it may be one of the two films I've seen this summer worthy of Best Picture (the other being Up).

The Acadmey may have done themselves in!! :rolleyes:

That's true; but I think that some unpopular films deserve the Oscar more than the more popular (several of John Wayne's films, for example)

It's really hard for a fantaasy or sci-fi movie to win best picture ... the Academy always looks for some deep, meaningful message, and they don't particularly want the message paired with exploding space stations. I doubt we'll see this one winning many Oscars.

Lord of the Rings swept the Oscars and it was unexpected. It's considered fantasy, so I don't see a big obstacle in Trek's being at least nominated.

I was watching Wrath of Khan the other day, and saw Richard Taylor's name on the credits. Thinking that it was the same TAylor who worked on Lord of the rings, I looked it up on his bio, but it's not the same person. I thought it was funny though.

That happens to me often.. especially with actors and actresses. Now I know normally actors who are related have different last names, but their are exceptions like Jada Pinkith Smith. So a couple nights ago I was watching August Rush and for anyone who's seen the film you know Keri Russel is major actress. Well me and my mother began pondering and wondering if Keri Russell was at all related to the famous Kurt Russell.

To put are minds at ease I checked wikipedia and learned that their is no relation between the two. That Keri is actually the daughter of Nissan Excutive. lol :D

No, she's the daughter of David and Stephanie Russell. Kurt has two sons named Boston and Wyatt.

I'm sure that explains your posting here, hmm? It is extremely important to remember that it's three red pills, one white pill. Otherwise the little men come back, and you know how much you hate that....

I don't really like Star Trek...
Jonnnneeeee! How can you not like Star Trek?! The dialog is so awesome!

"Random chance seems to have operated in our favor."

"In plain, non-Vulcan English, we've been lucky."

"I believe I said that, Doctor."

-- McCoy and Spock (The Doomsday Machine)

Last edited:
"Random chance seems to have operated in our favor."

"In plain, non-Vulcan English, we've been lucky."

"I believe I said that, Doctor."

-- McCoy and Spock (The Doomsday Machine)

Hahaha! I watched that episode not too long ago! I LOVE that quote!

Honestly, McCoy and Spock's relationship is more entertaining than Spock's and Kirk's. McCoy just jabs and jabs at Spock, and Spock doesn't care one bit.

Back