Mod Q&A Thread II

Exactly. The blue mods are normal mods, they can move/delete/split threads in any forum, edit everybody's posts, and ban people. The purple mods are Royal Guards, they can do everything the blue ones as well as change peoples' names - I don't know if they can do anything else that's over-and-above what the blue mods can do. Holyboy's FAQ explains in detail all the different types of mods.

yeah but i mean with IOWW and ItW and the other recent-ish mods, they were just the normal navy, then they were suddenly blue(which btw should be the plain members' color, not boring navy. the mods don't need such a cool color. but that's beside the point so :p)

yeah but i mean with IOWW and ItW and the other recent-ish mods, they were just the normal navy, then they were suddenly blue(which btw should be the plain members' color, not boring navy. the mods don't need such a cool color. but that's beside the point so :p)
hmmmmm.....Well I agree about us being Blue, or at least once you get 1,000 posts

In HB's FAQ, he said the Red Mods were "currently not in use" or something to that effect. Possibly Specter decided that they didn't really need to train mods first. *shrug* Why don't you ask him?

Dern and Elf were our test runs for this mod colour, and we found that red mods would have to wait for a blue mod to come online to fix basic problems in the forums they did not run. By giving them full board power, they could fix problems themselves and help the board run smoothly.

Another Q:

Whats the difference between mods with blue names & mods with purple names, Is there something that one can do, but the other can't?
There is, but we can't talk about it. Not even around the mod lounge. Even the blue mods don't know all that we can do, but it's pretty amazing.

Someone is right about the "red mods", also known as squires. That was an experiment that introduced more difficulties than it solved. They were mods with mod powers over only certain forums. The problem with that was that often we mods have to chase problems across the entire site, and the squires found they could only deal with problems in certain places. Thus they were promoted to full mods.

Back