What are you reading II

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones official novelization. So far, it's not as inventive as the Episode I novelization. Maybe it's because the dialogue used in the Ep. 1 book that was from the film was dialogue that was from an old working script, a script that was re-written during filming.

So I was trying to read Romeo and Juliet as a book, but then I remembered I read something either on GG's or her sister's Facebook page that you don't read Shakespeare like a nice little novel, you have to act it in order to really get it. So I tried and got up and said in a sort of loud voice (which was a mistake for I thought no one else was home):

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!"

Almost on cue, my daughter sticks her head through the doorway and goes: "Dad? What the..." and walks away shaking her head. I go "What? What's wrong? Is it the Spanish accent? Alex!"

So I explored the library at college today and FINALLY got the fourth "Heroes of Olympus" book. (My mom made me wait to get it because she said I'd be too busy to read it before I got to college and I wouldn't be able to renew it once I got there because I was changing states.)

So, "The House of Hades" by Rick Riordan

So I was trying to read Romeo and Juliet as a book, but then I remembered I read something either on GG's or her sister's Facebook page that you don't read Shakespeare like a nice little novel, you have to act it in order to really get it. So I tried and got up and said in a sort of loud voice (which was a mistake for I thought no one else was home):

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!"

Almost on cue, my daughter sticks her head through the doorway and goes: "Dad? What the..." and walks away shaking her head. I go "What? What's wrong? Is it the Spanish accent? Alex!"

Haha. Maybe that's why Shakespeare was such a drag in school for me! :p

I'm working on finishing up the book of Jeremiah today.

I also recently finished a book called "The Wainscott Weasel." It was cute. I really like weasels. Looking to go to the library today to order the CBEST book... and try and work on passing that... again... *sigh* I hate tests.

Back