Share a pic not of yourself

This used to be a village I lived in near Billund Airport.

20150427_105153.jpg

20150427_105143.jpg

20150427_101111.jpg

Last edited:
Dawna, those birds are so adorable! Very cute! :)

NB, where is Billund? I know that lots of small and mid-sized towns in Russia are becoming ghost towns --since the fall of the USSR, there's no central government support, and some towns that were built specifically for factories, etc. to support the military machine are now simply out of business. Adults leave to find work in the cities, children are left with grandparents who eventually pass away ... and the kids move into the cities, too. It's sad.

I took this picture of the crab apple trees where I work :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-29-17-00-56-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-29-17-00-56-1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 154
You work at a pretty place! Thanks for sharing the photo. :)

I was looking through old flash drives today for something and came across some cool photos from New Orleans that I took several years ago. Here are a couple of doors.

Attachments

• blue door red brick.jpg
    blue door red brick.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 153
  • color splash graffiti door.jpg
    color splash graffiti door.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 162
Those door pictures are beautiful Inkspot! I went to New Orleans a few years ago and remember seeing lots of pretty architecture like that.

I'll share one too, I have a habit of taking pictures from my horse's back while riding, and this is my favorite one. It was taken on a trail ride in November 2014.
pretty%20trail.jpg

My daughter is in the ensemble of a Mary Poppins production opening next week so yesterday I was busy finishing eight kites for its Kite Ballet.

Attachments

• Mary Poppins Kites are done.jpg
    Mary Poppins Kites are done.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 142
Looks like a cool place to live.

Here is a picture of a flamingo I took a few years back on the island of Bonaire. For about 15 years my husband's work took him there 3 times a year -- since he retired, we haven't been back at all (in over 2 years!). It seems crazy to me. I miss the island and the scuba diving, but not the travel ...

Attachments

• flamingo.jpg
    flamingo.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 216
Cool pics Narniabeaver and Inkspot! :)

I just have to share, I got a new kitten! Her name is Margot and hopefully she will be a good companion for Pi (my old kitty). At the moment Pi doesn't like her... but they're coming around! :)
11728996_10153338647435091_7149584216341007464_o.jpg

And if I'm going to show off the new kitten I have to show my old kitty Pi. She's very photogenic.
IMG_20150407_212512.jpg

So cute!

Both your kitties are adorable! Thanks for sharing their photos. I will attach a photo of my dog Barney.

Attachments

• Barney instamatic.jpg
    Barney instamatic.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 204
My daughter and I got to go to this most amazing bookstore called The Last Bookstore in downtown Los Angeles. In addition to a cool selection of books, it had some unusual art, such as this pseudo-flying books/shelf, and this typewriter exploding into story with the typed page billowing out like sillystring pouring out of the machine up up toward the ceiling.

E7YtR8w.jpg

dXBhEt0.jpg

My blessed daughter, Faye. She brings me such joy when I wake up with her foot in my face and butt on my pillow. Such is the life!

Attachments

• 2_months reducedsize.jpg
    2_months reducedsize.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 4months reduced size.jpg
    4months reduced size.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 188
Back