Jadis returns to Narnia

Jadis-the-White

It was a summers day in a street in London, the sky was blue and clear the sun's fingers reached out and gave warmth to every thing she touched. The house in that street was now in the shade it seems that the sun only shone at the back all day and cast her dying glow on it as she set. In that street sitting on the kerb sat two childern who looked upon their new house with excitement and adventure. " I hope it's bigger than our last house" said Tom "Our last one was so pokey and small". "Oh shut up" said June "you are never satisifed, we left a small house in the country which had lots of fields and forestes and now we are here all you can think of is how big the house is" Tom gave June a sour look and turned his gaze to a lamppost. His gaze was interputed by the honking of a horn and the arrival of the removal van.

Sorry my writing is not of the byards and I hope you can understand what I type. I will contune the rest later :)

The van stopped and two men got out, one was an old man bent over with age but his eyes twinkled with one who has seen life and enjoyed it, his hair grey yet noble hung about his shoulders, he stood at the back of the van looking at the two children. "Come on Dad get a move on, we have to unload this lot then we have to go to an other job" said the other man. He was well built and athelic in aperance and seemed not to like delays. " Ok son" said the old man "just let me light up my pipe and I will give you a hand" "Blast you and your pipe,every time we stop you have to light that damm thing, and it takes you for ever to light it" With that he slammed down the tailgate of the van and went inside.

The old man lit his pipe and took two long draws, the smoke that swirled around him seemed like the mist of time, a time long ago.His eyes never looked away from Junes nor did hers. "Come on the van has arrived" said Tom "lets go and see if mother needs a hand" .

I'm curious to know more than that. Things like their interests and where they've been before.

Well they have never been any were before, apart from the north of england, the class divied, Tom is like his father a do or die where as June is like her mother a forget and forgive. :)

Now we're getting somewhere. When you mention the class divide, do you simply mean that they BELONG to a particular class of society, or that they are personally INVOLVED in some kind of class conflict?

You don't need to answer me directly; answer me BY CONTINUING TO TELL THE STORY.

Now we're getting somewhere. When you mention the class divide, do you simply mean that they BELONG to a particular class of society, or that they are personally INVOLVED in some kind of class conflict?

You don't need to answer me directly; answer me BY CONTINUING TO TELL THE STORY.

Copperfox I did I typed a whole chapter but it was lost in the the edit section as I tried to edit it it. From now I will just post the story.

I tried to post it but all I got was a message saying I was not logged in and when I relogged in it then told me I could not post it as I was already logged in on another page. It also happened last nite when I tried to respond to Inkspot, that is why I try and keep my replies short and to the point which means this story is going to take longer than I thought. But I hope you can stick with it and give me any advice, as I said I am no Wordsworth or Keats. :)

I tried to post it but all I got was a message saying I was not logged in and when I relogged in it then told me I could not post it as I was already logged in on another page. It also happened last nite when I tried to respond to Inkspot, that is why I try and keep my replies short and to the point which means this story is going to take longer than I thought. But I hope you can stick with it and give me any advice, as I said I am no Wordsworth or Keats. :)

Very few of us can attain to that standard, Jadis-the-White. In fact, I'd be very surprised if any of us do. I know I certainly don't! However, do NOT let that put you off. Apart from anything else, I want to know "what happens next?" !

Very few of us can attain to that standard, Jadis-the-White. In fact, I'd be very surprised if any of us do. I know I certainly don't! However, do NOT let that put you off. Apart from anything else, I want to know "what happens next?" !

Thank you Corin and Copperfox. what I will do is put it on paper first and then if if dose not get posted at least I have it to repost and not relaying on memory. I will coutinue with the story as soon as I can.

Tom and June got up from the kerb and walked towards the van, they could hear the young man inside moving things about and muttering to himself as they drew closer. The old man was leaning against its side watching the two children as they approched, his eyes fixed on June. June went over to him and said "arn't you a little too old for this kind of work and why are you looking at me all the time?" The old man took his pipe out of his mouth and smiled "child" he said "I have been doing this job all my life, my great grandfather started the firm in 1842 and moved many of peoples belongings to this very street" he looked down at the ground "sorry if I stared at you but you look alot like a girl who lived here long ago". "Who was she?" snapped Tom in defence of his sister. "No need to get nasty young man,but she dose look like the girl in the old stories that are still told in these parts."
There was a loud crash and swearing from inside the van the young man had dropped a heavy box on his foot, he came out of the van and stood on the tailgate "dad are you going to give me a hand or are you just going to smoke and talk to those two kids all day?" "sorry kids but my father likes to tell the same old story to anyone he meets in this street" and with that he went back inside the van. Tom and June looked at the old man with curiosity in their eyes. "What's the story and who is the girl my sister looks like?" said Tom. "Well" replied the old man "see that lamp" pointing to it with his pipe "that is also part of the story". "What that old victorian gas light with one arm missing, what has that to do with the girl?"said Tom. "I can tell your not from London by your accent" said the old man. "No we are not we came from Yorkshire as fathers company moved its offices down here to the big city" snapped Tom. "Oh shut up Tom and let the man tell his story" said June. The old man looked at June and smiled " quite a firecracker your brother is just like......." he never finished what he was saying as his son came out of the van with a matteress balanced on his head. "Dad come on I have sorted out the small boxes for you, lift the one marked glasswere and take it inside or we will be here all day and as I have told you we have another job to do. so get a move on" and he headed off to the house. "Dont mind my son time is money and the lack of time is the lack of money to him" said the old man "I may give him a hand". "But what about the story "cried Tom and June. "Let me take the box indoors first that will make my son happy and I will tell the rest when I return". The old man went inside the van and came out with a box and went into the house with it.

Tom looked at the lamp "wonder what it has to do with the girl" said he to June, he went up to it and touched it, "cast iron" he remarked "and yet here it is amoung all the eletric ones, don't you find that strange June?". June frowned at him "you and your sience you think you know every thing but you don't, so what it's an old lamp and I don't care what it's made off, next you will be telling me what iron factory it came from". Tom paid no attention to June's remark he looked up at the missing arm. "How do you think the arm is missing? and what could have caused it? it was not by lighting as there are no burn marks on it or the lamp". "The answer is simple" said the young man who took Tom by suprise as he was to busy examining the lamp. "In the old days kids used to throw ropes over the arms and make swings for themslefs,no Xboxs then,and over time the rope wore it away till it finaly gave way" he laughed to himself as he went into the van. June also found it hard to keep a straight face, Tom was beside him self "what dose that muscel bound idiot know about anything, dose he not know that it would take 100's of years to ware away iron with a rope and not a mere 150 or so" "calm down Tom" said June "his explaination seems plausable and look here comes the old man, maybe he will tell the rest of his story".

Back