Do you think Narnia Is Real? What would you do if you went there?

Well, no!.........................................................Actually, I do... :eek:

Absolutely I think Narnia is real, though I don't think that's what it's called.

Let me explain. C.S. Lewis wrote a series of stories about what he imagined the other world might be like, and it is a work of fiction.

I believe such a place exists, but not that he ever could know what it was like first hand.

John

The real Narnia

I believe there is a real Narnis as well. But the spledor of that place will far exceed anything here, or anything we can imagine. I aomehow also think each of us will experience it differently, but yet, the same. Unfortunately, there is only one way there, and it's not through a wardrobe.

brightlywound said:
I think Narnia is totally real - somewhere, someplace we might find it.
but it's also just a state of mind.

I definitely agree it's also a state of mind. To me, it's like that English concept of faerie..and by that I don't mean the little creatures with wings, I mean a totally different world that can overlap our own, sort of a parallel world. I'd like to think Narnia is that way too.

King Of Narbithia said:
Do you think narnia is real? if so what would u do if u went there? i think its real.. but tell me what u think!

King Of Narbithia

Yes,I think Narnia is real.But you'll,most likely,find it when you're not looking for it ;)

*Daughter Of Eve_92* said:
Yes,I think Narnia is real.But you'll,most likely,find it when you're not looking for it ;)

Indeed that's the key ...Narnia will find YOU when it wants you there. And by different routes too. Not just the wardrobe....

I was tempted to redraw the classical map of Narnia to have the bright city of War Drobe in the land of Spare Oom where it is always spring.... :D

EveningStar said:
I was tempted to redraw the classical map of Narnia to have the bright city of War Drobe in the land of Spare Oom where it is always spring.... :D

I'd especially like to see that map of Spare Oom Mr. Tumnus was talking about ... ;)

Byron on Wells

EveningStar said:

But where on the map is Byron-on-Wells?

Byron is on the Wells River which empties into the Reed River which joins the Great River and on to Cair Paravel and the Great Eastern Sea.

I'll just have to send you the BP Narnian Road Map...it has all the stations marked on it too which is nice.

I always imagined going to Heaven and it being like Narnia exactly. And right after you die, you look over and see a magical, golden door. And that is sort of like the "light" you walk into, but it's a door. And as you enter it, you find yourself in a grand room, known as the Great Hall of Cair Paravel. There's a large crowd of all the Narnian creatures (who are the angels) and the crowd seperates into 2 giving you a little path to walk through. As you walk by, everyone looks at you and smiles in content as if they've been waiting for you. They bow, shake your hand and greet you. As you walk down the long path with the angels on each side, you see a lion at the very end with a maine that's so bright and golden, and eyes so deep and wise, you just know it's him. You bow to the lion and he smiles. Then you run up to him and hug his mane.

Maybe Heaven is like Narnia, maybe it's whatever we want it to be. I guess we won't know until we get there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the other idea is...of course, if you are a Christian and obviously a believer...you really will get to New Narnia one day, and live in the great beauty of that eternal paradise. :)

CS Lewis was inspired by many areas, namely the Northern Ireland area he grew up in...his boyhood home the Kilns in Little Lea served as the inspiration for the Professor's House and is today used to house students from Oxford University who are studying everything about CS Lewis to get their degree. The famous lamppost in Narnia may have also been inspired by a real lamppost in a country park near his home as well.

There is an area where Lewis grew up in County Down called the Holywood Hills, and an area of mountains called the Carlingford Mountains on the east coast of Ireland, with beautiful scenery that is said to resemble most the landscape of Narnia with its ancient hills covered with flowers.

I would love to see these places!

BP road map

EveningStar said:
Byron is on the Wells River which empties into the Reed River which joins the Great River and on to Cair Paravel and the Great Eastern Sea.

I'll just have to send you the BP Narnian Road Map...it has all the stations marked on it too which is nice.

I think we would all like to see the map. I just wonder if gas is cheaper there?

Back