Roleplay Q&A

Another thing, I know many people do it, and it's a different form of RPing, but it's A LOT easier for others to comprehend what you're trying to say when you type your actions like you are writing a book, rather than using ** for every action. For example, say my character's name is Sarah, and I want her to take a walk, I would say,

Sarah walked down the street, enjoying the time to herself.

That's a lot easier than reading

*walks down the street* "Wow this is nice *turned down another street*

Yeah, I agree. That's obnoxious. Or like:

Sarah: Wow... why don't I take walks more often? *laughs*

sometimes when i read the * i think it's the actual writer laughing sometimes.

Example: "Wow your head looks big" *laughs*<---i think it might be the writer laughing because say that sentence is funny. so i usually write in book like form.

"Wow your head looks big" chuckled Ralph.

I had a question: Is the author of an RPG allowed to exclude anyone? Because I've seen in a few RPGS where the author says no more chars after only 3 or 4 people have joined. This seems odd to me.

I hope this is in the right place...

um well, i guess thats the author's decision, Although it would be kinda rude to let the person in and the ignore them, if you just tell them nicely that there are no more spots left, i guess is alright^^

Hi everyone,

I changed the name of this thread to better direct new users on what this thread is about. If someone has a question, and you know the answer, feel free to answer the question. Likewise, if you are unsure on how to roleplay, just ask here and a knowledgeable member will answer your question in a giffy.

Hi! I would like to play an RPG (specifically the High school one) but I don't want to barge in or anything because they have already started. If I can't play, that's fine. But how do I start playing? Sorry, it's kind of confusing how I put it, but I hope you know what I mean.

Hi! I would like to play an RPG (specifically the High school one) but I don't want to barge in or anything because they have already started. If I can't play, that's fine. But how do I start playing? Sorry, it's kind of confusing how I put it, but I hope you know what I mean.
Don't worry about barging in! :) In most cases, the creator of the RPG would love to have you. All you really have to do is post something like, "ooc: can I join?"
Why can't I create a roleplay?
Probably because you're a new member. :) Once you have a few more posts, you should be able to start one.

Is there a single roleplay not focused on romance?! *bangs head on keyboard* uyhjhyftgr

Please! What had hapened to this world?! What happened to just plain adventure stories?! Just plain school stories?! Just plain stories?!

Is there a single roleplay not focused on romance?! *bangs head on keyboard* uyhjhyftgr

Please! What had hapened to this world?! What happened to just plain adventure stories?! Just plain school stories?! Just plain stories?!

My Land of Fairy Tales isn't focused on romance. There is some off and on, but mainly it's evil guys trying to take over the worlds

Also, when two characters are interacting and you try to wedge your way in there and they're having a two person discussion, don't try to get in the way, or you'll just be ignored. So for example:

Say that two people are at a sleepover. They're telling secrets and you decide to climb in the window so you can be apart of it too...don't do it...it's VERY annoying and unreal.

HAHAHAHAHA. Thatmade me laugh so hard ! :p

Ladies and Gentlemn please lend your ears....

There seems to be a misunderstanding on the forum for some. So, I will make the very strong recommendation that everyone go reread the rules of the forum and the rules of the RPGs that are posted in here by Son of Adam and myself.

ALL threads will be and remain family friendly. If it's not appropriate for a 10 year old to read, it does NOT belong on this forum. There will be NO emo or goth threads or characters of any kind. This IS a Christian forum. Anything of the occult will be deleted. References to alcohol will be deleted. Physical romance will be deleted.

Those responsible for infractions will be warned. If they continue to post inappropriately they will not be permitted to post in the RPG area at all. If they can't handle that or if the infraction is bad enough, they will be banned. The mod staff don't post sections with rules just because they're bored, they post them because the forum is a Christian, family friendly forum, and this is NOT up for debate in any form. If you have an overwhelming need to act out stuff not appropriate in a RPG, find another site to do it on.

I haven't had time to come in here for a bit, but the RPG area has the mods' full attention at this point and some house cleaning will be done. Threads over 2000 posts will be split to aid the server so there are fewer "server is busy" problems. Inappropriate threads will be either edited or deleted.

Thank you for your time. Happy posting....

Allow me to echo what Into the Wardrobe said. There are plenty of other forums where that sort of RP /would/ be appropriate, but TDL is not one of them. Having read through many of the RP's (yes, the mods have a rather effective spy network ;) ) I have no doubt that you will be able to come up with creative ideas that don't violate the guidelines she's so kindly posted above for your reference.

Not being aware of them is no excuse...

Okay, a couple questions.

1: Do I need to get approval for an RPG, or can I just post one myself?

2: Would a Heroes themed RPG be okay? Heroes the TV show.

Okay, a couple questions.

1: Do I need to get approval for an RPG, or can I just post one myself?

2: Would a Heroes themed RPG be okay? Heroes the TV show.

Well, now with the new rules you've got to get it approved.
Again, with the new rules you can't do anything that isn't Narnia related.
Hope I helped. :cool:

EDIT: I had a question myself- for the new rules, who do you go to approve the RPGs?

It MAY be possible to have a non-Narnian RPG. That decision has NOT yet been made.

I am also willing to overlook some zany RPG spoof threads like Copperfox's "Monologues 2" if they are in Duffers.

Back