Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Lantern

• Aquaman

• Cyborg

• Total voters
If it helps to reframe the situation, I don't necessarily think it was about who he had killed, but that he had taken a life at all. He knew he had to take Zod's life in that situation, and it was the first life he had taken, and he was mourning that he had to go that far at all.

I believe he would have agreed with you. I mean, here's a for instance: I personally, have never taken the life of another, nor could I. I've never been to war, or in the military. But I know that, if I had to do so, I would be absolutely broken, no matter who it was, because it was still me taking a life. I think that is the emotion that Superman is going through at that time.

He knew he was the only one that could do anything in that instance, and that there was nothing anyone else could do to imprison Zod. In the Catholic Church's description of a situation such as this, and the reason why we are against the death penalty, it's because all other means to keep people safe must be exhausted first. At least that's what it was until a few years ago.. now it is considered inadmissible in any and all circumstances because we do have the means to incarcerate anyone for their crimes, whereas before, we may not have. However, in the case of Zod, there was no other way, then the most moral way to help everyone is to stop the one that could, and would, harm anyone else.

I didn't see anything wrong with the script.
Was it lightning in a bottle? No.
Was it better than stuff like The Notebook? Most definitely.
I just didn't really like the a lot of the puns that Mr. Freeze used. Plus, when compared to the Mr. Freeze from Batman: The Animated Series, he was way more in line with the Adam West version than the version of the character I wish they had adapted.

I thought the puns made that movie. It set it apart, and that's kind of the M-O for iced themed rogues. I don't know if that came before or after the movie, but you see a lot of the ice villains doing that. Maybe not quite to that extent, but it's there.

Alright everyone... chill.

😆

Yeah, I think you're right about it having its' own identity. I was just hoping for something like the "Heart of Ice" episode of Batman: The Animated Series. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.

Ya know, if you were hoping for something like that episode.....I've got news for you. There's something exactly like that episode that exists....it's that episode. You could watch that episode.

You know, I know that... but I wanted to see a live action version. I didn't care if it was exactly like that, just that it tell a compelling story about a villain whose primary goal is to save the love of his life.

Perhaps the problem was in the performance of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role. I wonder if it were done in a less campy way, it would have struck a chord with me.

No, Uma Thurman's great, Poison Ivy is much more than that film showed though. She also felt like she was being inappropriate with Robin, which is, to me, out of character for her.

Robin is typically more of a teenager than a 20-something adult in the cartoons and comics. Guessing that is why.

I think she might, in those circumstances, do something like that, but I don't really know enough about her. Just what I've seen in animation, video games, and some comics.

Superheroes are 1 and 1 or misses, especially in DC.

I think when it comes to the Batman movies, Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan set higher Bars than Joel Schumacher. I'm glad that Tim Burton's first two Batman and Batman Returns and Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy exist. Joel Schumacher's Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, not so much.

If I could think of any of the performances that stood out, it's a tough one. It's a tough toss up between Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger as the Joker. Though I think Heath Ledger took on a more psychotic approach. Maybe another would be the Scarecrow in The Dark Knight Trilogy. I think they had a reason to bring him back two more times. They didn't go for the traditional Scarecrow from the comics. I think just putting on a burlap mask and spraying fear toxin is scary enough. He also uses mind control or manipulation as well.

Last edited:
Heath Ledger's best line as the Joker was (addressing Batman): "Did you think I would stake my hopes for success on my chances of winning a fistfight with you?" His next best line (addressing Two-Face) was: "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it."

Oh yes. "Would you like to see my mask?" Such a chilling line there. It's even more unsettling when Dr. Crane takes off his glasses before he says it.

I sometimes wonder if Heath Ledger had not died, would he have still won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Last edited:
Back