Votes: 24 66.7%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It wasn't good at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED it!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I do not care. I think you need to separate the artist from the art. It does not permeate through in the content itself, so that is about all we need.

As far as this podcast, it sounds exactly like the type of thing I love to do. I love dissecting the content I am interested in, but I have not finished Sorcerer's Stone yet.
So the podcast does one episode per chapter, per week; I bet you could catch up to them in their reboot pretty easily and then read along with them. They look at each chapter through a different theme word, and they do sacred practices like lectio divina with a sentence from the chapter ... it's quite good.

They certainly do have some interesting positions. I do plan on checking them out and, once I do catch up to them, I should be able to actually finish the books in a reasonable amount of time. Sort of like homework.

RIP Robbie Coltrane.

The beloved actor who played Hagrid has passed away. He had been ill for the past two years, but I haven't seen what he died from.

MrBob

I can't remember where I read about the possibility of the TV show, either; I don't know how everyone here feels about JKR's stance against trans rights, but I know in her fandom in general it left a bad taste in many folks' mouth, and they're against doing anything that enriches her, even though they continue to love the Potterverse in general. That is kind of how I feel, as well.
Whenever I think of JK Rowling, I think of this quote from Rudyard Kipling's poem:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you

I think Rowling is an incredibly brave woman and that history will vindicate her.

My dog is very important to me, but I can't take her to the grocery store. My skill with a firearm is good enough to qualify me, but I don't pack heat to an elementary school. There is a place for things...even the most important things...but there is also a place NOT for things...even the most important things. TDL is NOT the place to discuss human sexuality or how people regard it, regulate it, protect it, threaten it, or talk about it. At all. Frankly, I come to places like THIS to get away from the ever-present stuff like THAT and I'm willing to make a judgment call and say that even indirect reference to gender theory and protected classes violates our rules. It ends here. Now. Thanks.

Back