C.S. Lewis Quote Calendar 2011

im still on the look out for a big pic of aslan so i can start modelling it (then animate it)

if anyone can find one then just pm me!

Annemarie, I totally agree with Pitchike about your quote, and I think it would be the perfect one to open the calendar with. So would you consider doing it for January?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Laurel,
Thank you for your encouraging words. However, even if you don't feel confident in doing the art part, if you would like just pick a Lewis quote I bet we can find someone to pair with you to do the design...
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Lossy,
Good point about standardizing the design size. I'm open to suggestions -- what do you think it should be, given the max attachment size?

My original idea was to just have the folks who volunteer as designers submit their art files via photobucket or some other host or attach it to a message. Then we all could pick the calendar format we want to use on our own to paste them into -- since there are so many free calendar options available on the Internet. So those wanting more of a journal version versus a wall hanging version could pick that sort of template and print it out on their own. But if we want everything to be uniform, I think we need more specifications.

Last edited:
Annemarie, I totally agree with Pitchike about your quote, and I think it would be the perfect one to open the calendar with. So would you consider doing it for January?

Not at all! I would love to do any month! and now I could do a winter theme!:D

Calendar quote suggestions?

Because we still have several months waiting for designers, maybe any of you might suggest favorite quotations to drum up some inspiration...

Here are some of my favorite Narnia quotes:
Last Battle: All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story...

Dawn Treader:
"Are -- are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. 'but there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

Magician's Nephew:
What he saw surprised him as much as anything in his whole life. For the tawny face was bent down near his own and, (wonder of wonders) great shining tears stood in the Lion's eyes. ...

"My son, my son," said Aslan. "I know. Grief is great. Only you and I in this land know that yet. Let us be good to one another..."

Last edited:
Because we still have several months waiting for designers, maybe any of you might suggest favorite quotations to drum up some inspiration...

Here are some of my favorite Narnia quotes:
Last Battle: All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story...

Dawn Treader:
"Are -- are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. 'but there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

Magician's Nephew:
What he saw surprised him as much as anything in his whole life. For the tawny face was bent down near his own and, (wonder of wonders) great shining tears stood in the Lion's eyes. ...

"My son, my son," said Aslan. "I know. Grief is great. Only you and I in this land know that yet. Let us be good to one another..."

Oh!...what a nice quotes Benisse.:)

specs for 2011 calendar pages

Hi
I know the holidays have been very full, but they are gone now, and I thought I would try to jumpstart our calendar project by giving more specifics on how to proceed so our pages will have some uniformity.

1. After your C.S. Lewis quote is selected (first run it by me so we don't have duplication), integrate it into your original artwork or photo in a 280 pixels (tall) x 620 pixels (wide) picture.

2. Leave room in your design to paste in an appropriate month graphic that you will find in my 2011 album on my public profile page.

3. Attach your finished graphic to a message in this thread.

Here is my submission for June to break the ice :) I took this photo at a nearby breakwater. That's my son, bundled up in a bulky windbreaker with his pants rolled up so he kind of looks like the Michelin man :D

Attachments

• 122708venice.jpg
    122708venice.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Here is my contribution to the project!

calenderpic2.jpg

I was thinking of Lucy's quote about a stable in her world once containing something bigger than the whole world, but I will check out the essay, sounds clever!

I love that quote so much!!!

I also love this quote, this is my submission for the calendar for the month of September. The background picture is one in a series I took, I'm obsessed with the reflections in the puddle in our parking lot XD

Attachments

• Calendar submission.jpg
    Calendar submission.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76

I also love this quote, this is my submission for the calendar for the month of September. The background picture is one in a series I took, I'm obsessed with the reflections in the puddle in our parking lot XD

I really like that! And that's one of my favorite quotes.

I really like that one! I'm obsessed with taking pictures of puddles too! And I thought I was the only one! :rolleyes: Yes, the quote is amazing (and true) too!

Gondorgirl,
thank you so much for September -- It's Beautiful the way the quote and the photo complement each other!

Any takers for April, May, July, August, October and November?
Note: Multiple month designers are welcome!

Last edited:
Back