Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuffnut Thorston

• Ruffnut Thorston

• Spitelout

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Haven't read the posts here yet but did see HTTYD2. Never saw the first one though might cause' I heard it's much better. The visual effects for this second one, yes they weren't bad. Was it me (and my friend I saw the movie with) or was the plot exceptionally weak and fragmented?

I saw it the other day. Wasn't fussed about the first one but heard this one was good. I came out thinking, well it was quite well done, yet nothing great.

I'd have to agree with you Tirian, the plot was rather weak and fragmented. (I haven't seen any comments past Tirian's yet.)

I think the choice was made in the first movie to have the "teens" visually distinct from the adults so you could look at them in a crowd scene and say, okay, the lead characters are here, here and here.

But it's still weird that there are no other "teens" on the island.
With two girls, you're not going to get enough of a population expansion to keep it sustainable.
At least, not until some of the younger children grow up.

But even then, I can only recall one girl and Gustav (from the series) from the children age group.
The next youngest is Hildegard (also from the series), but as she's a baby, won't be starting a family anytime soon!

I think its hilarious that, as one ages on the island, one starts to look like everyone else. And that very few children are born to the inhabitants of the island. :p Yes, not a very stable population, especially considering that Astrid is from a different island... They do seem to produce far less girls than boys...

I was just thinking that.

Yes, Astrid is from the island, Camacazi is not.

You may have been thinking of Heather, who is also not from the island.
She never said precisely where she lives, but it's close enough to Berk to reach it by boat.

Back