I've heard a rumor that the trailer will be released soon. Any thoughts on what movie it will premiere with? Most likely something poised to be a big blockbuster.

And I heard another rumor that Galadriel will be somehow involved in the battle?! I don't remember this from the book. Somebody tell me it is!

I dunno. The post I read went something like, "We can't wait to see Galadriel dressed for battle", or something to that effect. They didn't post any details.

good lord, I hope not. I'm frankly so tired of her I hope I never see her again in film. Dawn Treader completely ruined me on her as an actress. I wouldn't mind it if someone else stepped in to play Jadis for Magician's Nephew (if it's ever made, which I hope it's never touched!).

If Galadriel has some part in battle action somewhere and it's in the book, then I guess I can't mind it so much. However, I think seeing her in battle would completely ruin the image PJ has built up of Galadriel over the years.

Galadriel brings down the walls of Dol Guldur and lays bare its pits, that is probably what it is referring to, the battle of Dol Guldur, not the Five Army battle.

I've been looking forward to seeing Galadriel again, after her not being in the second movie. I would definitely mind if she physically fought in the Battle of the Five Armies, but seeing Galadriel in a wizard-style conflict like the one at Dol Goldur sounds in character, and potentially pretty fascinating.

Galadriel brings down the walls of Dol Guldur and lays bare its pits, that is probably what it is referring to, the battle of Dol Guldur, not the Five Army battle.
Yah, in the Sil, she and her brothers were pretty hard-core rebel leaders... So, her in battle armour totally makes sense to me...

I'm hearing rumblings of a possible teaser trailer being released July 20th. It comes from the OneRing.Net's Facebook page in the form of a poem:

A tiny butterfly
whispered to an ear
on the twentieth of July
prepare for some tears.

Maybe it's not, but it sounds to me like we can expect a teaser tomorrow!

I'm not looking forward to the deaths of certain persons, but I am looking forward to the fangirls' reactions. Killing the three most attractive dwarves, all in the same movie....

Fortunately, I like Bofur best. :p

My guess is that Tauriel will fall fighting beside Kili, and they will die together like sweethearts. Thus explaining her not being in the LOTR movies.

My guess is that Tauriel will fall fighting beside Kili, and they will die together like sweethearts. Thus explaining her not being in the LOTR movies.
HAHAHAHAHA, I'm all for that.

I agree with Glen that although I dread the deaths, there is a sense of satisfaction when you consider all the fangirls who will feel crushed. ;)

To make matters worse, some of them may not have read The Hobbit, so they might not realize it's coming. I'd love to see Peter Jackson's mailbox after the movie comes out.

I like Tauriel, but I felt like they over exaggerated her role in Desolation. They couldn't have ripped off Fellowship any more than they did. And Liv Tyler did it better. :rolleyes:

Back