Post-Narnian Roles

Copperfox

If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Trumpkin in "Prince NON-Caspian" was cast as Balin for the new Hobbit movies. He's a deserving actor, but I would have preferred someone more impressive in the role of Balin.

The actor cast as Thorin did very well indeed. It wasn't his fault that, OUT OF NOWHERE, Peter Jackson got the lame-brained idea to put Thorin in a fight with Azog at the climax of the first movie, AND THEN HAVE HIM LOSE PATHETICALLY. That was so utterly uncalled for, I can scarcely utter or call it! Completely unnecessary. They could have at least allowed Thorin to kill Azog's Warg, similarly to Eowyn killing the Witch-King's flying creature, and THEN had Azog knock Thorin down from behind. They could still have had Thorin need help, AND have left Azog alive and threatening for the later films, WITHOUT making Thorin look blankety-blank ridiculous!

I tell you, something happens to the minds of people in the cinema business. They become infected with a vandal's attitude, like a bratty kid who draws moustaches on paintings of women; they WANT to ruin things just because they can.

I tell you, something happens to the minds of people in the cinema business. They become infected with a vandal's attitude, like a bratty kid who draws moustaches on paintings of women; they WANT to ruin things just because they can.

Ha. This explains so many bad book-to-movie adaptations. That is the extent of my contribution to this thread at the present.

But getting back to NARNIAN subject matter: I truly hope that Georgie Hensley WILL get more screen roles in the future. By now, she is just a few years away from being a fully-bloomed spectacular beauty.

But getting back to NARNIAN subject matter: I truly hope that Georgie Hensley WILL get more screen roles in the future. By now, she is just a few years away from being a fully-bloomed spectacular beauty.

Me too. She did a great job as Lucy, and I think that she could succeed in other roles if given the chance.

Peter Dinklage played Trumpkin, but Balin was portrayed by Ken Scott. Not the same actor. I don't think they actually did cast little people for the roles of dwarfs in The Hobbit.

However, post-Narnia, Georgie Henley appears in 2 movies, yet to be released, Perfect Sisters and The Sisterhood of Night

Peter Dinklage played Trumpkin, but Balin was portrayed by Ken Scott. Not the same actor. I don't think they actually did cast little people for the roles of dwarfs in The Hobbit.

However, post-Narnia, Georgie Henley appears in 2 movies, yet to be released, Perfect Sisters and The Sisterhood of Night

Hmm. Seems to be a trend in Hollywood against using little people as dwarves, since little people weren't cast as dwarves in Snow White and the Huntsman either. Interesting development.

Good info about Georgie. I'll have to look into those films.

By now, Georgie Hensley must be old enough that she would be starting to look rather less like a child, cough cough. Does anyone have _recent_ news of what she may be up to? I hope to Aslan that she _doesn't_ get all disgusting like Miley Cyrus.

Hmm. Seems to be a trend in Hollywood against using little people as dwarves, since little people weren't cast as dwarves in Snow White and the Huntsman either. Interesting development.

It's called "star power", not necessarily talent. It also may be that there just isn't that big of a pool of little people actors who have the acting ability it takes.

Will Poulter was recently in a Jennifer Aniston film, "We're the Millers" or something like that. It's rated R, so I haven't seen it.

Perfect Sisters, which Georgie filmed with Abagail Breslin about two teen sisters who killed their mother will be released in February according to imdb.

She did a indie movie called "Sisterhood of the Night" that is stated to be a modern-day Salem Witch trials film. Georgie plays a girl, one of a trio, who meets in the woods in the middle of the night. When a fourth girl finds out, she tells others and the people of the town become suspicious, especially when the girls refuse to tell what they are doing.

MrBob

The actor cast as Thorin did very well indeed. It wasn't his fault that, OUT OF NOWHERE, Peter Jackson got the lame-brained idea to put Thorin in a fight with Azog at the climax of the first movie, AND THEN HAVE HIM LOSE PATHETICALLY. That was so utterly uncalled for, I can scarcely utter or call it! Completely unnecessary. They could have at least allowed Thorin to kill Azog's Warg, similarly to Eowyn killing the Witch-King's flying creature, and THEN had Azog knock Thorin down from behind. They could still have had Thorin need help, AND have left Azog alive and threatening for the later films, WITHOUT making Thorin look blankety-blank ridiculous!

If the film makers had followed the book accurately, Azog wouldn't even be alive by this stage of Middle Earth history! Thorin had slain Azog in battle, in Moria, shortly after Azog had killed Thror, Thorin's grandfather, many years before the events in the book begin. Presumably this was done to make the film more exciting for the hoi polloi!

Corin, you're perfectly right about Azog. I was merely showing that even proceeding A LITTLE BIT differently from the way Jackson did it would have been worlds better.

This isn't about a role, but in a British newspaper a few months ago there was a large image of Georgie showing that she'd got her A Level exam results. It was a nice little mention and she is indeed a pretty 17? year old.
I haven't seen her in any non-Narnia things apart from Jane Eyre some years back. Come to think of it, Ben Barnes is the only one I've seen in other films, Dorian Gray and a film that came out earlier this year to do with marriage.

I saw Ben Barnes in "Dorian Gray" last night. I was first a little disappointed, because it didn't stay much true to the book (the things with Basil, his relationship to Harry's daughter, etc.) but I really liked the movie, as a movie on it's own. They changed some things, but somehow managed to make a good film. I was sceptical about Colin Firth ans Harry. I love colin, but I imagined Harry different. After all, I was impressed. He did a brilliant job!

But now, about Ben! I didn't like him as Caspian! I thought he was a complete fail! But now I realised - it was not his fault! I was VERY secptical about him as Dorian (funny thing is: Dorian's visual description is similar to Caspian's and Ben doesn't really fit for both), but he was very good. Not the way I imagined Dorian to be, but that's OK. He is really a good actor, I liked him VERY much!

Yes, I liked him in VDT WAY more than in P(N)C. I liked all of the actors and characters, even though the whole movie had nothing to do with the book.

But I really couldn't stand him in PC. PC in PC is - for me - a child with a great personality and without a silly accent.

The character of Prince Caspian AS INVENTED BY MISTER LEWIS was a boy who KNEW he was not a man yet, and who was GLAD to receive guidance from a King Peter who WAS NOT an idiot.

Back