• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyway, when all is said and done, this next Star Wars story may offer a bit of something for everybody. There were rumors a Solo trailer might drop today. Does anyone have updated information on the film's progress?

No idea, aside from I've heard that they are in the process of doing re-shoots, so I doubt a trailer will drop any time soon. I'd like to say I'm pretty up on trailer news, but that's one rumor I haven't heard.

Well, there are never a shortage of rumors circling the internet, but perhaps your discerning eye has learned to pass over or avoid the baseless ones. So reshoots then might go into February, I just read? It's possible for them to stay on schedule, and waiting until closer to release for a trailer is more acceptable with an anthology.

It may sound strange, but I found myself anticipating Star Wars the past several Decembers. What bothers me is that I should have that same passion and zeal for the season of Advent. Ultimately this is an internal attitude I must change. But personally, I prefer late May releases for future Star Wars films, though Episode 9 is set for December. I wonder if they'll switch back for Rian Johnson's trilogy. Is there any news or thoughts on where that will take us? All I've read is it will explore new territory and story beyond the Skywalker saga.

I also was wondering if there will be a third "Star Wars Story" anthology film a year after Episode 9, and what people want to see. I've heard several nominations amongst friends, including "Kenobi," "Leia," "Chewbacca," and "Yoda." However, I wonder if it will be a character title. "Solo" is but "Rogue One" was a mission, so if there are more anthology films, might they be a different concept all together?

"Movies aren't real;" BUT the expression of world-view that goes into them IS very real. Which is why, if I made a movie which PROMOTED something that the p.c. pop culture opposes, NO ONE would allow me to use the "It's only a movie" defense. And "The LEAST Jedi" promoted, not just a realistic, but a decidedly pessimistic view. So Luke "comes back" at the VERY END? Too little and way too late, because he ALREADY HAD gone through the crucible of failure in "Empire Strikes Back," and should have been stronger than to become so much of a whiner AGAIN.

"Characters evolve;" but Finn and Poe should never have been shown as being SUCH inferior dweebs as to NEED to "evolve" up from SO far behind the super-duper can-never-be-wrong females.

"Detract from the broader movie?" Hardly anything COULD have made this movie any worse.

Ironically, I actually LIKED Leia being allowed to save herself from explosive decompression-- because I don't object to women being strong just because I object to the guys being turned into useless pushovers.

Copper, what you see as Luke becoming a whiner, I call him taking a hard look at himself and what he has accomplished.

Luke felt like he was a failure, not because he was a bad Jedi (as you said, he went through that in ESB), but because he was a bad teacher and a bad uncle. He didn't notice Ben's connection to the Dark Side growing right under his nose. Heck, Ben took a few students with him, so Luke didn't notice them either. In an attempt to do some damage control (he didn't know that Snoke and the First Order would become as powerful as they did), he left, taking his knowledge of the Jedi Ways with him.

Then, of course Rey showed up, informed him of what was going on, Yoda gave him a slap, and he realized he was wrong. He died a hero, in my opinion. Doing his very best to fix at least some of his mistakes.

Well, there are never a shortage of rumors circling the internet, but perhaps your discerning eye has learned to pass over or avoid the baseless ones. So reshoots then might go into February, I just read? It's possible for them to stay on schedule, and waiting until closer to release for a trailer is more acceptable with an anthology.

It may sound strange, but I found myself anticipating Star Wars the past several Decembers. What bothers me is that I should have that same passion and zeal for the season of Advent. Ultimately this is an internal attitude I must change. But personally, I prefer late May releases for future Star Wars films, though Episode 9 is set for December. I wonder if they'll switch back for Rian Johnson's trilogy. Is there any news or thoughts on where that will take us? All I've read is it will explore new territory and story beyond the Skywalker saga.

I also was wondering if there will be a third "Star Wars Story" anthology film a year after Episode 9, and what people want to see. I've heard several nominations amongst friends, including "Kenobi," "Leia," "Chewbacca," and "Yoda." However, I wonder if it will be a character title. "Solo" is but "Rogue One" was a mission, so if there are more anthology films, might they be a different concept all together?

I dunno. Everybody else is waiting for a teaser also, though Disney still has not changed the release date of its film. Maybe they're seeing how reshoots progress before making a decision. I didn't realize, however, how much of a mess this film apparently was when Ron Howard stepped in to direct. Many fans suspect he basically had to start over from scratch instead of finishing the previous director's work.

Here's my take on a new trilogy: fans WANT anthology films. They WANT films that expand the SW universe, and I think they've been wanting that for years. The movement has just gained traction in recent years, especially with the popularity of series like TCW and Rebels (and can we forget the almost groundbreaking move of including Saw Gerrera in Rogue One?!). I'm always for a Kenobi film. But I'm also all for any other character/origin film they've got up their sleeves. I might disagree with the direction Johnson took Last Jedi, but he's a fan and I respect that about him. He is passionate about this franchise and I think that's more important than anything else.

Excluding of course, one starring Jar Jar. Leia might be a good choice, but I think it's far too soon after Carrie Fisher's death to be progressing down that road. I'm still holding out hope for either a Jango Fett/Boba Fett film, or a BOba film, or a bounty hunter-centered film. ;)

I think the plan is to keep going how they are. Episodes on odd-numbered years, Anthology films on even-numbered years.

I'm honestly a little worried about "Solo", since the lead actor doesn't look at all like Harrison Ford. I'm just worried he won't be believable as Han.

I'm honestly a little worried about "Solo", since the lead actor doesn't look at all like Harrison Ford. I'm just worried he won't be believable as Han.

Someone whom I follow on instagram (who, consequently, hosts a SW podcast of her own and is an media employee of HerUniverse), who is a HUGE Harrison Ford/Han Solo fan, said this:

"I’m one of the biggest Harrison Ford fans in the world and Han Solo is my favorite Star Wars character. With that said, Alden definitely isn’t Harrison, but he IS Han Solo. Donald Glover is just the cherry on top of an already sweet sundae. I’m all in."

I agree. I'm not 100% sure that he IS Han (a full length trailer and the film will help decide that), but I'm all in for this film itself. Rogue One, for me, has been the most enjoyable film since Revenge of the Sith, and it ranks as my 3rd favorite SW film. I expect and hope for bright things from any movie not part of the new trilogy.

Also, in other news, yet ANOTHER new movie series was announced today. No details yet, but apparently they will be separate from the trilogy and Rian Johnson's new trilogy. I don't know about you, but this makes me SO excited for the future of this franchise!

According to Screen Rant, It would appear the new Han movie will take place right around the time Han wins the Falcon, so the ship will be seen as it was when Lando owned it and before Han made the myriad changes to it.

MrBob

According to Screen Rant, It would appear the new Han movie will take place right around the time Han wins the Falcon, so the ship will be seen as it was when Lando owned it and before Han made the myriad changes to it.

MrBob

Also explains why the interior is white. ;)

And if Lando doesn't say, at least one time in this film, "Hello, what have we here?" I'm going to cry.

In the real world If something is legal under the laws of war as they exist at the time, then it is not a war crime, despite any retconning fifty years later.

As for Alderaan, it would have been perfectly legal for Tarkin to send down troops and arrest Bail Organa as he was demonstrably a traitor to the Empire.

^Speaking of Alderaan, Tarkin, and Bail, I highly recommend the book, "Leia, Princess of Alderaan" by Claudia Gray. I think it's one of my favorite Star Wars books, maybe because I really like Bail Organa and there's precious little devoted to his character throughout the franchise! Events/characters from the Clone Wars series and TLJ are referenced also; I enjoy when storylines are connected by threads, however small they might be.

How would Earth fare if transported to the Galaxy Far Far Away? We'd probably be the test subject for the Death Star. Although Tr*mp and Tarkin would be best buddies...

Warrior, no I have not-is this what you're referring to? It looks like it's part of a series by Karen Miller. If so, it may be quite a while before I get to reading them. I kind of made a promise to myself to not buy any more books before I read what I already own. Which is a really long, kind of intimidating list that I'm only 5 books into (out of the minimum 50 I've challenged myself to read this year!)

I'm reading The Rise of the Empire at the moment, which is actually a 2 novel, 3 short stories book. Star Wars: Tarkin and Star Wars: A New Dawn are the two full length novels. I've already gotten past 1 short story and am about 10 chapters into Tarkin. Personally I think this should count as 2 books instead of 1 on goodreads, but...I guess I can't make it happen that way. lol.

Back