Star Wars vs. Eragon vs. Harry Potter vs. Twilight vs. Star Trek...

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
I can't chose between Star Wars and Harry Potter...I love the movies and the HP books!!!:D:D
I enjoyed the movie Eragon but I haven't read the books
Twilight....not going there

For what it's worth, which do you think is the least morally problematic?

I picked Star Wars as my obvious favorite, maybe because it has stood the test of time for me beyond Eragon or Harry Potter, and I simply do not like Twilight. I like Star Trek, but I don't love it, although it has also stood the test of time like Star Wars has.

As far as being least morally problematic, that's a very subjective question, but my vote is probably those two older fantasy worlds again, Star Wars or Star Trek. Probably the era in which they were created has something to do with that in my mind.

I havent read Eragon, at least, I started to and found it so dull, I never finished it, and I haven't read Twilight. But for least "morally problematic," I could not say Star Wars because of all the Force mumbo-jumbo. The great thing in the Force is to bring "balance" to the universe, which they imply means a balance of good and evil. But that is completely horrifying, if you think about it, that for every Luke Skywalker there must be a Darth Vader? The whole ethos of the Force is to New Age/Hindu for me -- it sort of denies the very concepts of good and evil, as we see very clearly in whichever of the modern movies shows Anakin's downfall. One minute he's good, a few bad dreams, and he's killing children. Yuck!!!

Star Trek I never saw as morally problematic at all in its themes, nor Harry Potter.

Star Trek. I'm sorry, but I'm of the opinion that both HP and Twilight are both Satanic and demonic in themes, and I see that as immoral (if you have an issue with this, PM me. This is MY opinion, and I don't want somebody getting offended over it because they can't handle criticism). And I don't have to read the books or see the films to know what's in them. (example: I read The Davinci Code to find out what was really in it. Turns out, everything I had heard about it was correct and there was no need to actually read the book. I wasted days of my life reading that piece of junk). However, ST is very humanistic in themes, and often pushes liberalism and atheism, not to mention evolution. But as far as it being problematic, you only have to look in our own current government to see these things pushed to the front as the agenda. Those things are already heavily integrated, unfortunately, into not only the school systems, but the way our politicans work.

STar Trek almost isn't morally problematic because of the morality it pushes, but sometimes, I wonder if that kind of morality is achievable separate from God. In their thinking, it is.

I miss the option "I don't care for any of the above".
And considering the other replys, I don't care for Lord of the Rings as well.

You may not but I do certainly care for LOTR. But everybody their own opinion ;)

I must be honest here. I never have followed Star Trek, I haven't watched Twilight and I enjoyed SW and also HP but if I have to choose the best I would say SW. the least would be Twilight to me.

I wonder why there isn't an option for that or LotR. hmm....

About LotR: At the time that I started this thread, there was a poll for Narnia vs. Lord of the Rings, and I didn't see any need to restart that discussion.;)

As for the other option, well, I assumed if someone didn't care for any of the options they wouldn't bother to participate in the thread.

Star Wars is okay, but I've never really liked it to the depth of the two I named above. It's too fantasy and not enough sci fi.

I've never thought of Star Wars as science fiction. It's fantasy in a futuristic setting. The original trilogy had more of a sci-fi feel, but the prequels are definitely fantasy.

And now that I've seen Star Trek (the original series), I'm not sure whether I like that or Star Wars better.:D Star Wars has lightsabers, so it keeps my vote by a centimeter, but Star Trek is great, too...

I've never thought of Star Wars as science fiction. It's fantasy in a futuristic setting. The original trilogy had more of a sci-fi feel, but the prequels are definitely fantasy.

And now that I've seen Star Trek (the original series), I'm not sure whether I like that or Star Wars better.:D Star Wars has lightsabers, so it keeps my vote by a centimeter, but Star Trek is great, too...

I know; the only downside of Trek is: No lightsabers! :( But STar wars and Star Trek are in two different categories as it is.

I voted for Star Trek, which was really hard, since Star Wars and Harry were yelling at me. lol. Star Wars was my early childhood, Harry my early teens, and Star Trek has been the past couple of years, but I think it wins.

Of course. Lord of the Rings beats everything. Ever. It's a TKO.

Well, Harry Potter got my vote. Those books have kept me busy for years reading and re-reading them.

Starwars came in second, and beyond that I don't care for the others in the poll. I haven't read Eragon, but the movie was quite poorly done. And I never was a Trekkie. And I think it goes without saying that Twilight comes in last. I had to sit through one of those movies on a school trip to Disney World. Worst bus ride of my life. haha

LOTR is first even though it is not one the poll. I love the books! My parents read them to me when I was younger. I ready them when I got older and I thought they did a great job with the movies!

I chose Star Wars because I grew up with it. I love the original trilogy and the books set after (up until the New Jedi Order I haven't gotten though them yet)

Star Trek would be next. I started watching TNG when I was a teen and more recently have preferred Star Trek Enterprise and I Love the new movie they made! It was done amazingly well!

Then I would say Eragon would be next because I enjoyed the books. The movie wasn't great but it was okay.

Harry Potter would be next. My dad tried to get me to read the first book but I never got into it and never finished it. I think I only got a couple chapters in.

Twilight is last because I never read the books or saw the movies and never will. My sister likes the books but everything I have seen and heard about Twilight makes me never want to read them. Sorry to any Twilight fans.

Of course there would be other books and/or movies/TV shows thrown in between some of those but I'm not going to list everything! :)

And I think it goes without saying that Twilight comes in last. I had to sit through one of those movies on a school trip to Disney World. Worst bus ride of my life. haha

*dies laughing* Oh if my sister ever tries to get me to watch Twilight, I will slap her silly. Just kidding. I'd probably run for my life in the opposite direction. I don't understand how people can like that stuff.

Wow! I'm VERY surprised by the results! I chose Eragon. Even though its a tough world to live in... Its still amazing! This world has the BEST concept of magic, they have elves, drawves, and the Varden (EPIC!!!) and we can't forget DRAGONS!!!

*Subscribes*

Though I voted for "Star Trek," it is ALSO really fantasy rather than science fiction. I say this because, while working on the alleged premise that there is no God, the writers are constantly bringing in super-duper ultra-evolved all-knowing everything-doing mega-aliens who might as well be CALLED gods.

> > Impromptu poll being taken of "Alipang Havens" readers:

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2068055&posted=1#post2068055

Back