Video Game Screenshots

waterhogboy said:
which is your fave out of the 4??
probably a tie between "MI2: LeChuck's Revenge" and "Curse of Monkey Island." "Secret of Monkey Island" is a close third with "Escape from Monkey Island" a far fourth.

those are good screens for the (CON) game....i really like the snowy picture...i think it looks very good for the first in its series. :D :D :D

Dragon said:
the LotR games seemed to be lacking, excepting "War of the Ring" and "Battle for Middle Earth." The other ones seemed ok, but not really anything spectacular or addictive.

I'm not really sure what kind of game I'd like for Narnia. It just doesn't seem to be a story that's made to be adapted into a video game. unless you make it RTS with the narnian, calormen, and tashbaan cultures and make up a completely new story, but I don't know if that'd be a great thing either.
Really i thought the LOTR games were great. I couldnt put down the controller. I think i liked the first one the most, only b/c it was more closely to the books then the movies.

I just hope the games are close to the movies/books as possible. I know i am getting them for sure, they better be addicting.

You know i really think that these games will play a lot like the harry potter ones, because they are both based on books and turned into movies. So I'm guessing things will be similar as in style of play as well. I have not played harry potter for that matter, so i'm not sure how well i would like the games myself.

tg

same with me Thanatos, i love the lotr game. I got ROTK for my birhtday and i finished in like less than a week, i played for like so long and i still paly it with new charecters and levels ans stuff like that.

Maybe it should have it as a role playing game. More of a mission adventure game instead of lopping off evil character's heads off. ( like the lotR games) I like games where you have puzzles to solve, and steps to go through to get to other levels, or areas. The different levels could be places in the story.

Tarkheena, did I just see you swear! *gasp* :eek:

I have not played the Harry Potter games (well, except the Quidditch World Cup, which is more like a sports game so can't possibly count), but I have played the Lord of the Rings ones, and I think the new Narnia game will probably be a lot like those, except more kid-friendly. That is to say, I honestly doubt we will see a lot of in-depth role-playing going on here. They're going to depend more on the players already knowing the story and just wanting to finish their mission by beating up the bad-guys. I like those kinds of video games, too, though (I liked the LOTR ones), so I'm not going to complain if it is like that...

faeriechylde said:
I have not played the Harry Potter games (well, except the Quidditch World Cup, which is more like a sports game so can't possibly count), but I have played the Lord of the Rings ones, and I think the new Narnia game will probably be a lot like those, except more kid-friendly. That is to say, I honestly doubt we will see a lot of in-depth role-playing going on here. They're going to depend more on the players already knowing the story and just wanting to finish their mission by beating up the bad-guys. I like those kinds of video games, too, though (I liked the LOTR ones), so I'm not going to complain if it is like that...

i like the lotr games too so the narnia game(probably be more than one lol) will be just fine w/ me! :D

she-elfwarrior19 said:
ha tjhere is a world cup of quiddich?whoa
You bet. It's a really fun video game. You start out at Hogwarts, practicing with whatever team you choose to be part of (one of the four Hogwarts houses, of course), and if you win the Hogwarts Quidditch cup by beating the three other houses, your team gets tickets to watch the Quidditch World Cup (to learn more about the QWC, read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, or just watch the movie, which is coming out next month). What that really means in the video game is that you are now allowed to pick a country's Quidditch team to play with, and you play against all the other countries for the world cup. Each country has its own distinct moves and styles of playing, which makes it interesting. The English team uses a lot of fancy footwork, for example, while the American team handles the Quaffle like a basketball! It's kind of funny, because it's like any other sports video game, except it's not a real sport!

Back