• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
EXACTLY!
my thoughts exactly.
They are all the way George Lucas wanted them to be, so they must be perfect ;D
Whoop I love 'em the graphics in ep 2 and 3 where astounding. Absolutely incredible.
The classics are...classics. You can't compare classics to anything other than classics.
They all kick ass though!!!

~Manda

what do ya'll think about the live action tv show that is in the works. They originally said it was to be during the time between episodes 3 and 4, but are now saying it surrounds the original trilogy.

tg

Just because they're the way George wanted them doesn't make them 'great' movies.

They're good, but they fail in terms of acting and plot development. An over reliance on special effects abounds; the most powerful of the prequels is the third by the nature of the material itself, but many parts of the first were unable to make me suspend my disbelief, especially the space battle sequence.

I just wanna say, they're the way George Lucas made them and that's the only way they should be. If you like Star Wars you like all the films. And they are great movies.
Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not as amazing as they are. I'd honestly like to see you try invent something like an entire galaxy, or light-sabers, or, anything in fact, from this saga which must be one of the most famous sagas ever.

~Manda

Last edited:
Cinematic History ... before CGI made it all irrelevent ...

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi won the distinction, in the hardest possible way, for the most moving sprites making up a single shot. The final battle of the Empire versus the Rebellion had one moment when at one given time there were literally DOZENS of spacecraft all moving in different directions exchanging fire.

Nowdays one can simply program CGI to process BILLIONS of them and let them all go crazy with computer control. But it took a real master to work out the choreography and use the old style optical printer to manually composite all those craft. It's mind numbing to even THINK about how they did it...one movement at a time...one pass at a time through the OP, and nobody becomes transparent or gets occluded by someone in the "background".

I did some film work back in the "middle ages" when there was no such thing as electronic "Chroma Keying". You did it manually with panoramas and mind-numbingly manually controlled lighting so that the background was an even hue of blue or sodium gold. Anyone remember the term "Travelling Matte"??

I love the original trilogy of star wars, those are great movies. The new ones are okay, they aren't as great though. I think they focus too much on the cgi and flashy stuff, and some of the dialogue is crap. But they are definetly fun movies to watch. I love the eu books, Mara Jade is my favorite charecter out of those.

The cgi is mind-blowing in the prequels. It's just simply unbelievable, it's also one of the reasons the movies are good. I was watching ROTS and could not believe the volcano planet. It's just amazing.
I really wannna read the books but dunno where to buy them :(

~Manda

Last edited:
you can get the books pretty much anywhere, prabably a major bookstore like borders or wherever.

Episode 3 book was so much better then the movie, I would definetly recomend it. And the original trilogy books are really good. 1 and 2 aren't as good but they are still pretty cool.

I love Star Wars! they are mostly my favorite movies, the third one was amazing especially the duel scene. The movies are awsome though i like the whole series.

*applauds*
I AGREE!
I love the 3rd one's fight scene too! and I adore each and every one :D
Soo good to find other big fans!

~Manda

yah know, I think we can tell through your avatar and sig that you like starwars

I loved it, since I was, what, four? My fave is ROTJ, but my favorite duel is the one with Qui-gon Jinn. He rules

Hmm I think ROTJ might be my fav too...that or ESB, or maybe ROTS....Gah love 'em all!
I wasn't even born when the first 3 (well last 3 technically...ok the classics!) came out, but my brother got into them at a very young age, so when I was about 5 then he was 10 I used to always copy him. Like he loved Thomas the Tank Engine when he was small and so did I! So I loved them too :D

~Manda

EDIT: Hans Solo is sooo funny! He's simply class!

my favorite out of all of them now would have to be ROTS and the duel between Obi-One (i dk how to spell his name ???) and Anakin
but out of the classics would have to be the last one, ROTJ
I love them all though!

I think I agree with you there!
In the classics ROTJ is my fav :D
I love the sequence where they're flying through Coruscant, it's spectacular!
I also love the Anakin and Obi-Wan fight, it's amazing.

~Manda

I love the the battle between Yoda and Darth Sidious in ROTS, where the senate chamber opens up and the two are dueling amidst the chamber seats.
That means so much to me. It represents the struggle between good and evil in such a powerful and abstract manner, it's like they are the manifestations of good and evil, and they're fighting for supremecy in the heart of the republic, the heart of democracy.

I love that fight too!
I also love the one between Count Dooku and Yoda in AOTC. It's really incredible that Christopher Lee is basically fighting with nothing!

~Manda

Naydiss said:
yep who knew Yoda could do that, it shows why he's one of the top
lol! I knpw he's just sort of....bouncing off the walls!
It's awesome, especially as normally he walks with a little walking stick!
heheh oh yeah Yoda is ultimate!! I love him in all the Star Wars movies - he's hilarious in the Empire Strikes Back!

:D

~Manda

Back