Suggestion Box And Questions

You mean the jewels?

You get a jewel, which appears on the right hand side of each post you post (the green square(s)) if someone has added to your reputation.
You can add to someone's reputation by clicking on the scale thingy on top of the person's post.

Can I ask: why does no one write in group forums anymore? I mean i joined a few groups but most have been inactive since 2011...

I think It's due to time contraints. Most members now only have the alloted time to check threads and reply. The groups you speak of require extra time to sift through. I myself have been dismayed by the inactivity in the groups, but there isn't much I can do about it.

It seems like their are to options... Either everyone is active in the groups and you never see them post in the main forum... Or everyone posts in the main forums instead...

Okay guys I have a suggestion. A couple of years back I got a pm in which I was told my signature was too big and if I could resize it. The allowed size was something like 500 by 200 or 250. I'm not 100% sure anymore. But now a couple of years later I see a huge lot of huge signatures. Not only large pics but also walls of text. Did we get rid off the signature rules and isn't there a way to add spoiler tags? I really get annoyed by scrolling down through a topic and have to go through signature walls

Vanessa, the rules about siggie size are the same. Please PM me or one of the Purple Mods the username of the giant siggie and we will advise them to cut it back. I have not noticed any lately, but I have not been around a lot.

CF, PM one of the purple mods; they have more power to manipulate the system than ordinary blue mods. That's EveningStar and PrinceoftheWest. I am sure they can help you.

I was wondering why some threads disappear over a period of time- i know that that is to do with being unused- but others stay in the same place and are also unused (probably even for longer). Is there any way of stopping your thread from disappearing?

This is the first time I've had a good look around the forum since I joined and wondered if anyone could tell me how I may put up an avatar and signature? For some reason it keeps saying I'm not permitted to put up one. I wondered if there was something I was doing wrong :confused:

Ah, don't worry about that! It is tied in with your post count. Currently, you have two posts counted, giving you the title under your username "Fresh Bread." Once you move on to the next post count bracket "Junior Member," you get to add an avvy and signature. Keep in mind, posts in the Land of the Duffers do not count towards your post count. Welcome, by the way! :D

Back