Favorite Lotr Movie Quote

"There's an eye opener, and no mistake."

I always loved that phrase " '...' and no mistake" from the books and was glad that they had it in the film in some form. "We're in a fix now, and no mistake." were the first words Sam said in The Two Towers book.

And the last line of the films: perfect closing words, and it was the same last line in the books:

"Well... I'm home."

I don't know that those two are my favorite quotes, but I really like them.

I liked the part where all the elves were lined up in LOTR 2, Two Towers than there's this one empty spot then suddenly you see and hear something jumping up and down saying: "You couln't have picked a better spot". :lol:

The part where Haldir says that there was once an ancient alliance that existed between the Men and Elves and he had come to honor that alliance...I love Haldir i was so mad when they killed him. It was unnecessary... :(

This is one Line somebody forgot (or I didn’t see it :) ) "I like less then half of you half as well as I should like, and like less then half of you half as well as you deserve.” I love that line. (I think thats the quote.) :D

O yes that one was great. I tried so hard to figure it out. Actually these people spent an inordinate amount of time figuring it out and when they did they wrote it all down and posted it on theonering.net. It was pretty funny.

Im just blabing on so I can become a narnian fanatic blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah... :blink:

All jokes aside hers another.

"I am a servant of the secret fire wielder of the flam of arnor you cannot pass
the dark fire shall not avail you FLAME OF UDUIN YOU CAN NOT PASS"
boom bridge breaks gandalf gets hit down ( :( sob sob sob sob :( :( ) "FLY YOU FOOLS"

Im going to type this down before I FORGET it, after this though im going to bed.

Frodo "I wish the ring had never come to me I wish none of this had Happened"
Gandalf "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide all that we are to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Or, in the Fellowship of the Pants, being the first part of the Lord of the Pants:

"You have no pants! I am the Servant of the Secret Singer Patterns, wielder of the Needle and Thread. You have no pants! Boxers will not avail you, Flaming Underpants! Go back to the dressing room! You have no pants!"
"Your flies, you fools!"

Lol!

I remember that, but I always liked 'Green Eggs and Lembas' from the onering.net.

"Do not hurt Sam am I, he is a very helpful guy,
He tends my garden, he paints my gate,
He is my friend, we both are straight..."

*Sigh* good intellectually stimulating literature like that is hard to come by, now a day.... :D

How about that one(a comic on onering), where the ringwraiths are lined up: "Enee meeni mini moe, catch a Baggins by the toe...."etc, and then the last one says "I became undead for this?" I thought it was pretty funny... at like 1 in the morning. ;) (* Luni

P.S. Hoomhum, I think we're straying a bit from the topic. :rolleyes:

Lunis is right, we have strayed...... :eek:

One of my favorite quotes from the movie is

"Do not be so eager to deal out death and judgement, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

and the follow up

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you. "

I also like

"I amar prestar aen,

han mathon ne nen,

han mathon ne chae,

A han nostron ned wilith...."

Cate Blanchet pronouced her elvish the best, though Viggo was pretty good too....

hhhhmmmmmm you get here late and all the good quotes are allready taken......
Ohh I know this is not a quote but I like the bit in FOTR in the last alliance where theres the giant battle! that was cool. (though not true to the book)...

The dream Boromir had? You mean:

Seek for the sword that was broken; in Imladris is dwells,
There shall be council spoken, stronger than Morgul spells,
There shall be shown a token, that doom is near at hand,
For Isildur's Bane's awoken, and the halfling forth shall stand.

They skipped out the rhyme in the movie, but Boromir's words were pretty much the same.

And what do you mean that the battle in the prelude wasn't in the book? That was the Last Alliance; they may have taken out a character or two (Poor Gil-Galad :( ) but it was essentially the same battle where Sauron gets his finger hacked off. (Although, doesn't Gil-Galad and Elendil wrestle him to the ground in the book?)

Oh! And for a quote I like: Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!

I have a bad feeling that I would be Pippin the Middle Earth.... :rolleyes:

I am sorry what I meant was that Sauron was not killed that way by Isildor (I think thats how you spell his name) But rather 2 people wrestled him to the ground.(Wasent it Gilgalad and Est something...) Sorry for any confusion. But I still thought that was a great scene. Quote. They have a cave troll... It just the way he says it... THATS IT ELENDIL...

Truecrusader.

Originally posted by TrueCrusader@Sep 11 2004, 08:54 AM
Quote. They have a cave troll... It just the way he says it...

That's funny....just this Thursday my sister and I were watching FOTR and I exclaimed, "Haha, I love how Boromir says that." ;)

( * Lunis

A boy in my class once got two yardsticks and stood in the middle of the aisle between the desks and did the "You cannot pass!!" line exactly like Gandalf, it was so funny, so everytime I see that in the movie I want to laugh.

I always liked the part in TTT where Sam is telling Frodo about the good in this world, and its worth fighting for.

And also when Pippin and Merry have been captured by the orcs, and the orcs are fighting about eating them and one of them says "What about their legs? They don't need those."

Back