What's the worst that could happen?

Different_Name

What do you think the worst things are that could possibly happen to the later Narnia films. I don't mean to sound pessimistic. I made this topic so everyone could have some fun.

The worst that could happen, as a joke, would be for them to depict Aslan getting fleas.

The worst that could happen for real would be a syncretist-pantheist takeover of the screenwriting staff, turning Narnian theology into a politically-correct "Everything's the same" message. Then the villains in TLB would be made to look _good_ for wanting to combine Aslan and Tash as "Tashlan."

I agree with CF that "modernizing" the stories would be about the worst that could actually happen -- Lewis was a classicist, so the "classic" themes are vital to the stories. I'm already hating the idea of a power struggle between Caspian and Peter, something which would be totally alien to the author himself ... :(

The Last Battle: A Musical Adventure

Join Aslan, the Pevensies, and their pesky enemies for a rollicking joyride through Armageddon to the Gates of Heaven in this furry extravaganza from Tim Rice, composer of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Lion King".

^ Oh gosh that would be horrid! :p

1. Have Peter or Edmund get killed.
2. Have the cast break out dancing in the middle of the movie.
3. Not include Reepicheep at all.
4. Have elephants walk through the shot.

I've got more. :D

The downplaying of Aslan's Christ-like character. Which will obviously happen as they keep making the films.

ANY needless addition of conflict and quarrels between good guys and other good guys that Mr. Lewis did not write.

Two words, my friend: Disco Revival.

Can you picture it?

Peter: Come on Edmund! It's time for battle!
Edmund: Hold on Peter! The DJ just started playing "FunkyTown"!
Peter: NO WAY! I love that song! *starts dancing*
The Calormenes: What is the meaning of this?
Edmund: It's DISCO!
The Calormenes: Disco? We must stop this disco!
New song starts playing: "Ain't no stoppin us now!"
Calormenes: Hey, this song isn't too bad...*joins dancing*

And they all lived happily ever after.:rolleyes:

Micheal Jackson getting a part in the next movie...Can someone say nightmare?
Nothing like a centaur doing the moonwalk with all four legs...

They alter the titles of the next movies to reflect the changes they are planning to make:

Voyage of the Pacific Princess. Replacing Drinian would be Captain Stubing. Theme song is "Love, Exciting and New" Lucy, Edmund and Eustace explore the Narnian waters in 70s style.

The Gold Ottoman. A prince is tied to a foot rest by his evil captor.

Black Beauty Redux. Black Beauty finds herself in Narnia. Watch the hilarity ensue.

The Magician's Neighbor's Cousin's Father's Boss' Son. A six degrees of Narnia story.

The Fifth to Last Battle. Watch as the Calormenes are drawn into a battle with the Giants of the North. Neither side wins.

MrBob

Back