ONCE UPON A TIME (ABC series)

So, are there any other OUAT fans on here? I am totaly addicted to the series! It is so cool!!!!! I had heard about it last season when it started, but never got to watch it because my dad watches other shows. :( So I found the first season on Netflix Friday night and stayed up unitl 11 watching the fist two episodes. (I know 11 isn't late for most of you, LOL). But over the weekend I have watched the whole first season and the first two episodes of season two. Later this week I will watch episode three form this season.
I was thinking of recreating the twisted fairytales in the shows. I enjoy the twists and how they all connect. I even bought a cool notebook to put them in.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has Once Upon A Time fever? If so, here is the place for discussion, speculation, questions, and everything OUAT!

So, I watched episode 3 of season 2 last night and it was EPIC! I am also excited that I have more material for my book. Would anybody artsy be interested in recreating some of the illustrations from Henry's storybook?

I can't wait to see what happens on tomorrow's episode! Anyone have any ideas of how Captain Hook might be tied into fairytale land? I know he has something to do with Rumplestiltskin, but I am interested in hearing any guesses from other fans!

I`ve been stumbling on some references to this recently, comparing it to the old `The Tenth Kingdom` series of several years ago so I take it there is a whole `Fairy Tales are real in some sort of alternate world and interact with our modern world` theme to it.

Sounds like it might be worth looking at.

Captain Hook was a creation of J.M Barrie for the `Peter Pan` story so I suppose there might be a link between Neverland and the fairy tale world that I suppose this is set in.

FAVORITE SHOW IN ALL THE WORLD... NEXT TO DOCTOR WHO.

It's a new show, BK, it's only on the second season - episode four is airing tonight, which I'm so stoked for! - and it's still gaining traction, I feel.

It's by the people who wrote LOST, which people seem to find a plus. I've never seen LOST but the idea of fairytales trapped in our world fascinates me.

Also, the characterizations of... everyone in this show is perfect. The villainous characters have rounded story lines and reasons for everything they do, the heroes have realistic flaws and everyone interacts with each other so beautifully. They look into all forms of relationships, parent/child brother/sister best friends as well as romance.

My first banner in my siggie is of some of the many gorgeous female characters in the show.

I've been very curious about the series, due to being a fairy tale buff, though I held off because of my issues with ABC over GCB. Entertainment Weekly did do a spread on it, and mentioned that both The Little Mermaid, and character from The Wizard of Oz are planned for eventual appearance. Since the series seems to favor ABC's parent company's adaptations of these stories (and as an Oz fan), I'm curious to what version of Oz they plan? The Ruby-Slipper/Judy Garland picture is deep in WB's clutches, so favoring that would be weak at best , Disney's own Return to Oz is free to use and reflects Baum's book pretty well but I'd think it to be too unknown. Of course they could take the look of the 'We-look-like-the-MGM-movie-but-not-really-don't-sue' picture they having coming out next year : Oz the Great and Powerful.

Well, at least there are a few people on here who know what I am talking about! LOL! It's a new series and the general storyline is like this:

A long time ago, after snow white married prince charming, the evil queen banished all fairytale characters (using a powerful curse) to a little town in our world called Storybrooke, Maine. There's a catch however, none of them remembers who they really are. Well, except for the Queen (who is now the mayor) and Rumplestiltskin (who helped her get the curse and is now a wealthy real estate dude). Before the curse took effect, Snow White had a baby girl named Emma and sent her to our world through a magic wardrobe fashioned by Geppetto from an enchanted tree. Rumplestiltskin isn't really good or bad, he's just in it for himself- a buisnessman. Anyway, he told Snow that when Emma turned 28, she would find them and break the curse. So... fast forward to modern day and we have Emma all grown up and an orphan of course, because her parents sent her to another land, and they don't remember who they are. Emma had a boy when she was 18, but gave him up for adoption because she didn't think she would make a good mother at the time. But then, ten years later, he shows up on her doorstep and says "hey, I'm your son." It turns out that Henry, her son, was coincidentally adopted by the Evil Queen in Storybrooke, a.k.a. Regina the Mayor. Henry has this storybook that has the stories of all the fairytale characters in it and what the queen did to them, except it isn't totally specific about where they were banished to and that kinda thing. Henry is absolutely positive that these stories are true and he tells Emma that she is Snow White's daughter and she has to break the curse. At first, she doesn't believe him but stays in Storybrooke anyway because she is concerned that his now mother Regina is evil and would hurt him. Eventually, after a lot of "hello!?!?! It's kinda obvious!!!" moments, she starts to believe all the stories. Toward the end of season 1, we have met a whole host of poor fairytale characters who are cursed to our world and don't remember anything! But Emma breaks the curse like Rumplestiltskin said she would. (I won't tell you how). And one other effect of the curse- the characters are frozen in time, so they don't really age or anything which makes Snow, Charming and Emma (their daughter) about the same age when they meet. Which makes it awkwardish when the curse is broken and they all remember everything. And the first season ended with Rumplestiltskin (Mr. Gold) bringing magic into Storybrooke...

And so now we are in season 2, and Emma and Snow White (a.k.a. Mary Margaret) have accidentally been sent through a magic portal, that got destroyed after they jumped in it, back to fairytale land and they are searching for a way back to Maine. They are meeting old friends, new friends, and evil enemies! And back in Storybrooke, Regina is trying to prove to Henry that she loves him and is not completely evil, while David (Prince Charming) is trying desperately to find a way to get to his wife and daughter.

So... I didn't know that I had absorbed it that much, but I guess I have since I am totally in love with it and fairytales! It is really easy to get into, watching it from the start, and totally awesome! The first season is on Netflix, and you can catch up on season 2 online at ABC's website. Or they have an app called ABC Player!

Thanks for spending all this time reading this entire post, if you did! Enjoy the show!!!

I`ve been stumbling on some references to this recently, comparing it to the old `The Tenth Kingdom` series of several years ago so I take it there is a whole `Fairy Tales are real in some sort of alternate world and interact with our modern world` theme to it.

Sounds like it might be worth looking at.

Captain Hook was a creation of J.M Barrie for the `Peter Pan` story so I suppose there might be a link between Neverland and the fairy tale world that I suppose this is set in.

You almost have it! :D And captain Hook is actually very thickly imbedded in this series, I found out. Can't wait for the next episode!!!

FAVORITE SHOW IN ALL THE WORLD... NEXT TO DOCTOR WHO.

It's a new show, BK, it's only on the second season - episode four is airing tonight, which I'm so stoked for! - and it's still gaining traction, I feel.

It's by the people who wrote LOST, which people seem to find a plus. I've never seen LOST but the idea of fairytales trapped in our world fascinates me.

Also, the characterizations of... everyone in this show is perfect. The villainous characters have rounded story lines and reasons for everything they do, the heroes have realistic flaws and everyone interacts with each other so beautifully. They look into all forms of relationships, parent/child brother/sister best friends as well as romance.

My first banner in my siggie is of some of the many gorgeous female characters in the show.

I am glad someone else enjoys this show. I am so into it, I am actually transcribing the fairytales into a book form so that I can read them over and over again!

I've been very curious about the series, due to being a fairy tale buff, though I held off because of my issues with ABC over GCB. Entertainment Weekly did do a spread on it, and mentioned that both The Little Mermaid, and character from The Wizard of Oz are planned for eventual appearance. Since the series seems to favor ABC's parent company's adaptations of these stories (and as an Oz fan), I'm curious to what version of Oz they plan? The Ruby-Slipper/Judy Garland picture is deep in WB's clutches, so favoring that would be weak at best , Disney's own Return to Oz is free to use and reflects Baum's book pretty well but I'd think it to be too unknown. Of course they could take the look of the 'We-look-like-the-MGM-movie-but-not-really-don't-sue' picture they having coming out next year : Oz the Great and Powerful.

I'm excited for The Little Mermaid as already this season they've added Captain Hook, Princess Aurora, Lancelot and Mulan!

They don't always stick with Disney, though. As one of the series' main characters is Rumpelstiltksin (he's also my favorite character in the show) which disney never touched, as well as another reoccurring character, Red Riding Hood. Same with Lancelot and a brief story featuring King Midas, his daughter and a knight turned to gold.

All the same, it's really worth giving a shot.

I really love that show, but unfortunately I haven't seen season 2 yet. The reason for this is because I left Norway for New Zealand so I haven't been able to see ANY of my shows:( Most of the time I've stayed in hostels and people want to watch other stuff and internet is quiet expensive and unfortunately watching stuff takes a lot of MB... I guess I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back to Norway:p

I really love that show, but unfortunately I haven't seen season 2 yet. The reason for this is because I left Norway for New Zealand so I haven't been able to see ANY of my shows:( Most of the time I've stayed in hostels and people want to watch other stuff and internet is quiet expensive and unfortunately watching stuff takes a lot of MB... I guess I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back to Norway:p

I feel for you... This season has already been epic with tons of "NO WAY!!!!" moments! At least you have something AWESOME to look forward to when you get back! ABC has an app called ABC player that is free to download. If you get free wifi somewhere thenyou could use that app to catch up on a few episodes. Although, the first two from this season have already expired from their site. But the others are definitely worth watching!!!

I've only watched one episode. So, Sir Lancelot is a character in the series? That's a relief. If Lancelot is around, then just MAYBE he'll be ONE male character that EVERY woman on the show ISN'T superior to in everything.

I've only watched one episode. So, Sir Lancelot is a character in the series? That's a relief. If Lancelot is around, then just MAYBE he'll be ONE male character that EVERY woman on the show ISN'T superior to in everything.

Well..... SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Lancelot actually was killed a while back and Cora was pretending to be him but then the truth is found out. So, he WAS a character...

BUT THE SHOW IS STILL TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Did anyone see last night's episode? I was kinda thinkin it was gonna be lame until the very end and then I was like hyperventilating after what happened! I can't wait for next week! I also made a graphic to go along with the show. I am hoping on having more time to make these as I enjoy them very much! But let me know what you think of it! Thanks!

i will always find you collage.jpg

Back