The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which Captain is best/your favorite?
Kirk, ToS 15 44.12%
Picard, TNG 7 20.59%
Sisko, DS9 5 14.71%
Janeway, Voyager 4 11.76%
Archer, Enterprise 3 8.82%
Other - state who in your post 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I didn't look at the clips yet, but I will. I am excited about the new movie, it's been too long!

I agree that Wrath of Kahn movie and the ToS original episode with Kahn, Space Seed were pretty much genius. But then, Ricardo Montalban, the Kahn actor, is a favorite of mine anyway.

Thank you, AK, for the name of the DS9 episode! How could I forget that?!

If Spike TV starts showing Voyager episodes again I will try to get my Tivo to tape it, that's how I finally saw all the episodes of DS9.

Does anyone read the Star Trek books? I've read a bunch.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM

dawna is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved end game !!! I thought it was exicting !!!!! I loved it they made it home. I just wished they couldve had mabe a couple more episodes though showing where they were going to be asigned next. did they stay together as a crew and go on more missions. or did some of them get assigned on differnt posts?. and I would have loved to see how 7of9 was fitting in on earth was she excepted or did other people give her a hard time because she greww up borg.

(Avatars from spareoom. net)

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
~C.S. Lewis~
Old 04-17-2009, 05:48 PM

dawna is an unknown quantity at this point

I do like the next generation and deep space 9 I only seen a few episodes of enterprize so i cant comet on enterprize. but voyager I like the best. mabe they will make a movie about voyager out of the next generation I like the episode where deanna troy has a baby i cried at the end of that one. my favorite on that show is data and out of deepspace9 worf.

(Avatars from spareoom. net)

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
~C.S. Lewis~
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Friend of Narnia

Twilightdryadhobbit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
I didn't look at the clips yet, but I will. I am excited about the new movie, it's been too long!

I agree that Wrath of Kahn movie and the ToS original episode with Kahn, Space Seed were pretty much genius. But then, Ricardo Montalban, the Kahn actor, is a favorite of mine anyway.

Thank you, AK, for the name of the DS9 episode! How could I forget that?!

If Spike TV starts showing Voyager episodes again I will try to get my Tivo to tape it, that's how I finally saw all the episodes of DS9.

Does anyone read the Star Trek books? I've read a bunch.
I've read some Star Trek books. I like "Vulcan's Forge" the best. It has a lot of young Spock and it compares the ancient Vulcan civilization to the Hebrew civilization. It has a lot of other interesting elements as well. I've read some selections of the ones by William Shatner but I wasn't a big fan. I also like the novelization for the NG episode "Unification."What can I say, I'm a Spock fan...

ARR! I be Twilight! Master Gunner aboard the good ship The Black Spot!
This be Twilight's
history and the Pirate's thread
Jesus is my ALL!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really nice

Ok I know I'm weird, but I like Enterprise.

I've whatched a little of Next Generation, it was interesting.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawna View Post
I loved end game !!! I thought it was exicting !!!!! I loved it they made it home. I just wished they couldve had mabe a couple more episodes though showing where they were going to be asigned next. did they stay together as a crew and go on more missions. or did some of them get assigned on differnt posts?. and I would have loved to see how 7of9 was fitting in on earth was she excepted or did other people give her a hard time because she greww up borg.
I didn't like Endgame because it left loose threads. We didnt' get to see Janeway's promotion to Admiral (evidenced in Nemesis); we didn't get to see Tom's reaction to his daughter; we didnt' get to see Seven's breakup with chakotay (yes, they did! Which is awesome news for us JCers. )

And we didn't get to see anything with Tom and his father.

The whole SEven and Chakotay thing shouldn't have happened. I feel like they fell back on it because Kate Mulgrew didn't want a Janeway\Chakotay romance.

Ok, I'm through ranting for now.

but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Friend of Narnia

Twilightdryadhobbit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post

but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.
Man is it OFFICIAL that the Kirk and Uhura thing happens? Please say no... I want to see this movie sooo bad! I love old Trek and I've wanted more movies with them ever since I watched the original series, but why do they have to exaggerate the Kirk thing? I mean in the Original Series or even in Next Gen, if they potrayed someone as a womanizer you didn't have to see all their encounters, you can use some subtlety and still get a point across. I don't think they HAD to make that Kirk's big thing, yeah he flirts with everyone but that doesn't mean it's what he's all about, or that it's what is most important to him. Focusing on that cheapens him and Uhura and everyone else he encounters. I really can't stand the Uhura thing. It's so offensive of Hollywood to say "Look! Let's take one of the first black females in a position of authority on television and turn her into Kirk's latest babe! That will make her look like such a strong woman character!" Uh, no. Original Uhura had more guts and more brains than that, even in the era in which she was originally written.

If I do go see it I will certainly read advance reviews and leave during any scenes like that.

ARR! I be Twilight! Master Gunner aboard the good ship The Black Spot!
This be Twilight's
history and the Pirate's thread
Jesus is my ALL!

Last edited by Twilightdryadhobbit; 04-19-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

I know it's official because of an interview with Chris Pine (Kirk). He pretty much said that it was a "Uhura striptease"...whatever that means. So, I don't know if it'll go to a certain point then stop, or if it'll be a full you-know-what kind of scene. *shrugs*.

But my dad and I are going to see it. I've never seen a Trek film in theaters and I want to.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Oh my, that would be terrible. That would really cheapen both Kirk and Uhura's characters.

Quote:
The whole SEven and Chakotay thing shouldn't have happened. I feel like they fell back on it because Kate Mulgrew didn't want a Janeway\Chakotay romance.
I did not watch a lot of Voyager, but I did see the first few episodes and a few of the ones at the end of the run, and I felt the same about Chakotay/Seven. It was just like, we have to get someone else in a romance because the Tom/B'elanna thing was already established ... it was like an afterthought if they couldn't have Janeway in a romance with Chakotay ...
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Friend of Narnia

I read on Youtube, after I posted a comment about J\C, that Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) didn't want the romance because she didn't want her boys thinking that it was okay for you to have a relationship with your boss.

I've also heard that Robert Beltran (Chakotay) and Kate didn't really get along all that well, so I think that's more of a reason than anything.