Share a pic not of yourself

I want those cookies, Hyper Dude!

Lila, I like your viewing schedule but if I were you, I would skip Holiday Inn -- it's a clunker as far as I am concerned. Yes, it first introduced the song "White Christmas," but it isn't really just about Christmas ... and the White Christmas movie uses the song to much better advantage.

Enjoy!

In a suburb where my old teacher lives.

2kh3ic.jpg

That's a beautiful suburb.

here is one more from the reef on Bonaire (we are home now). It is a puffer fish.

Attachments

• apuffer2.jpg
    apuffer2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 52
I want those cookies, Hyper Dude!

Lila, I like your viewing schedule but if I were you, I would skip Holiday Inn -- it's a clunker as far as I am concerned. Yes, it first introduced the song "White Christmas," but it isn't really just about Christmas ... and the White Christmas movie uses the song to much better advantage.

Enjoy!

Technically, there's not anything "Christmasy" about White Christmas. I'd watch Holiday Inn. The movie opens in December and ends in December. It's worth watching for the Fred Astaire/Bing Crosby scenes if nothing else. Its set was also used for White Christmas, so without Holiday Inn, I doubt the Pine Tree set in WC would've been what it was.

here is one more from the reef on Bonaire (we are home now). It is a puffer fish.

Wow! Very cool!

I'm not too into sea life (some of it creeps me out)

But the pictures you have shown so far, I've really enjoyed! You are SO lucky that you get to do that! :D

Enjoy!

Technically, there's not anything "Christmasy" about White Christmas. I'd watch Holiday Inn. The movie opens in December and ends in December. It's worth watching for the Fred Astaire/Bing Crosby scenes if nothing else. Its set was also used for White Christmas, so without Holiday Inn, I doubt the Pine Tree set in WC would've been what it was.
I watched both - I've seen them before so I know what I was in for. Both have their flaws, but I still think they're worth seeing. White Christmas is definitely the superior film, though. :p I like Holiday Inn for the dance sequences.

Not Christmasy? It begins and ends on Christmas Eve, remember? And the Christmas miracle of getting their old regiment together to remind that idiotic old general that he used to be cool? And the Christmas miracle of the snow on Christmas Eve, with that big Christmas tree, and those lovely children singing White Christmas It oozes Christmas. Plus it has such tremendous dialog, it's so snappy and clever. It's all over Holiday Inn IMHO.
I watched both - I've seen them before so I know what I was in for. Both have their flaws, but I still think they're worth seeing. White Christmas is definitely the superior film, though. :p I like Holiday Inn for the dance sequences.
I love the dancing in White Christmas. It's really the only reason to watch the film except for the snappy patter and the big Christmas finale. Vera Lynn, is that the little sister? She is amazing! And Danny Kaye, of course. Did you know little Vera was suffering from anorexia during the filming? That's why all her costumes go way up to her neck -- her clavicle was so bony and pronounced, they didn't want anyone to see it! Oh, the music with Bing and Ms Clooney is really nice, too. As dumb as the plot is and as much as I think that General is pathetic from coast to coast, I really like the film.
Wow! Very cool!
Thanks!
A Frog that was on my backyard's door.
Nice froggie!

Here is a little fish called Solander's Toby. It is about as big as your thumb, and very fast. I was lucky to get this good of a shot of it.

Attachments

• asolanderstoby.jpg
    asolanderstoby.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 42
Vera-Ellen, who incidentally didn't sing a word of her own music. The "Sisters" number was dubbed by Rosemary Clooney, while the other music was dubbed by Peggy Lee. Besides, you will NOT change my opinion about Holiday Inn, nor about White Christmas because I love both. So, there.

It should also be said that Rosemary Clooney is the aunt of George Clooney. I personally think she's the more talented one. ;)

Thank you! Vera Ellen. Who cares if she can't sing, she can dance like a dervish. I adore her in this film. Rosemary Clooney had a beautiful voice, and she sang some great songs in her time. (I will try not to hold "Why Don't You Haul Off and Love Me" against her -- tee-hee.)

Anyway, I love the film and have it set to Tivo sometime this week, it's a Christmas tradition. But I respect your opinion. :)

And, I think, the "Abraham" number in White Christmas is a similar number to the "Abraham" number in Holiday Inn, only with a changed tempo and of course no lyrics. I haven't been able to find out for sure.

Now, I think this is a picture of Fili and Kili from The Hobbit. I have to say, Kili is rather attractive. :D

Last edited:
Yowza! I agree -- and I am so excited to see how valiant the dwarfs look in the new Hobbit trailer. I can't wait!

And yah, it's like the makers of White Christmas just took what they liked from Holiday Inn and added it into their film with a slightly better but still silly plot

I found this on Facebook :p :)
-SOOO CUTE!!! ^.^

LOL thats soo cute!

I got a bunch of new one's for you guys! (Christmas themed)

The first pic is Roxie with her new toy! What was really funny was that, we decided to leave the house with Roxie and the toy outside of her cage. And we filled it with dog food so she would stay busy. WELL She got the dog food out, AND ripped the whole toy up! HAHA

The second is Roxie's toy after it was torn up ><

The third pic is the three main presents I got (From left: 2 Pound bag of Jelly Bellies, the "Inheritance" cycle, and Thor on DVD and Blu-ray)

The fourth pic is the one and only "Inheritance" series! I AM SOOOO HAPPY I GOT IT!! (Isn't it pretty >:) also you may see the LOTR PEZ dispensers in the background.)

I figured 4 pics were enough. Later I'll post the pics of my cinnamon rolls and better pics of the LOTR PEZ dispensers!

Attachments

• Roxietoy1.jpg
    Roxietoy1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Roxietoy2.jpg
    Roxietoy2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 42
  • Presnts.jpg
    Presnts.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Inheritance.jpg
    Inheritance.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Awesome shots, and what great gifts! I will post some a little later.

Roxie and her toy is so cute!!!

Awesome shots, and what great gifts! I will post some a little later.

Roxie and her toy is so cute!!!

Back