Lady of Rohan
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Here are

The Order of the Can
and

The Order of the Can II

And the original first post:

It is time, fellow Duffers, to unite. The Skanderites and Willianites (Llamaites, Badgerites, Cannanites, Jesuits, and dust mites) have consolidated, and conspire to overthrow the Duffers ( ;) ); if we sit and do nothing, we shall be overthrown. It is for this reason that I wish to found the Order of the Can. The Brotherhood of the Can has been mentioned before, in passing; but no real effort has been made to make it an Order.

Therefore, I wish hereby to make 'Knight of the Order of the Can' an official title; the highest order of Duffers. The Brotherhood is for those who make a few dufferish comments now and again...and, occasionally, a true Dufferly post. Anyone who wishes it may become one of the "Can Clan". (An invention of HB's, somewhere in the distant past.)

All who hope to achieve the title of 'Knight of the Order of the Can', must first be one of the Brotherhood; save two, whom I shall elevate at once to the position of Knight, if they raise no objection. These two are, namely, Holyboy666 and Chakal. There are others, I am sure, who are also worthy to be placed there at once; unfortunately, their names escape me at the present time.

Those who wish to become one of the Brotherhood must first read the supplied Duffer training resources, which will educate you on the History of Duffers, and the Method(s) of duffering. Then you may PM me with your request, along with links to, or quotes of, a few of your posts that you think worthy of a duffer. I will judge as best I may; perhaps with the help of a few fellow Duffers, whether you are truly a Duffer. If you are rejected, do not be upset; simply study these rules and examples of Duffering, and you will soon learn.

Duffer training resources

The Defination of Duffering is...

The Duffer FAQ

The original "a mob is formed that chases you out of the city" post:Here
And the second:Here

Read whole page; you will find out exactly who Fred the Box is...and get a couple good examples of Duffering.
More about Fred!

Find out about the butter knife...the Insane asylum...the Trash Can
Page two: ...the Giant Bannana...
Page three: ...the evil monkeys...and the Fruits...
Page four: ...the can clan...
Pages five, six, seven . . . continue the silliness. ;)

Some classic Duffering

The Red Side vs. the Blue!
And I shall add to the Duffer training resources as I find more. :D

P.S. If a Mod should see fit to Sticky this, it would be great!

EDIT: Sept. 21, 2008

The Duffer Library: Archive of Notable Comments, Conversations, and Conglomerations of Duffer information, etc.

HB on Duffer Training
On Walls
Quotes About Holyboy666
What Duffers Have . . .
Info on Cheese Whiz
Thereputic Letters of the Insane
Diary of a Duffer
Origins of the Duffer Theme Song!
Why Lieke Does Not Control the Whole Universe (video by MF)

How to throw someone off a cliff (videos by MF):

Educating the Ignorant - Nurse or Blessing? An Article With Capitals

Please feel free to make suggestions of posts/pages for inclusion!

The Duffer Quiz

Last edited:
I prefer to say that we honour the Shiny Trash Can.

Oh dear. I had an Idea.

Our Cing, the Chiny Trash Can. :eek:

That was awful, I know.

Dernie, Thank you giving us back our thread. Promises not to say that Dernie is a duffer for the rest of the day.

Honours the Can.

What? Extending the Cingdom of the Can by Conquering the kingdom of the false kan (may he die a thousand deaths), 'sacrilegious'?

Really.

Oops - missed your post, Lava. :eek: Thank you.

In return, I will give you these cookies . . .

Neiman Marcus.

Recipe for Neiman Marcus Cookies said:
½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 F. Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed (approx. 30 seconds).

Beat in the egg and vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat into the butter at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and the chocolate chips.

Using a 1-ounce scoop or 2-tablespoon measure, drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2-inch circle.

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispy cookie. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

You wouldn't know. Not anymore, anyway.

After all, you've already been blinded by the Can's Blindingly Bright Shininess.

I think so, yes. I know that the Trash Can's cousin, a moderately shiny though not Radiently Shiny relative that lives in my Horse Barn, is shiny. I know that the Can is so Shiny that even those of us are used to it occasionally get blinded.

Back