Narnia Day: March 21

I didn't even know this existed! Is it still being carried on this year? I am not sure how much input I could have but it would be interesting to listen and learn.

To celebrate this year, I hope to have a readathon of all the new Narnia fanfiction in the Professor's Writing Club on 3/21...

I have to work sadly in the early afternoon but I hope to celebrate by watching the animated version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and the release done by Andrew Adamson. :D

Good for you LF...I'm a fan of the animated film myself.

I'll try to do something nifty myself. I may dedicate the first chocolate chip cookie of the day to The Dancing Lawn, and I hope that eating all the rest of the box won't make that one particular cookie less special...

Good for you LF...I'm a fan of the animated film myself.

I'll try to do something nifty myself. I may dedicate the first chocolate chip cookie of the day to The Dancing Lawn, and I hope that eating all the rest of the box won't make that one particular cookie less special...

Thanks ES. :) The animated version was my first exposure to Narnia actually. I had it on VHS then many years later I saw it on DVD at walmart in the $5 bin and was like :eek:

I had planned to spend the day reveling in the fanfiction on the Dancing Lawn, but ended up going with family to spend the day walking around and exploring in some amazing botanical gardens instead. See, here is but one snapshot of spring in all its glory that we got to witness today.

Attachments

• Huntington Library and Gardens.jpg
    Huntington Library and Gardens.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 104
I had planned to spend the day reveling in the fanfiction on the Dancing Lawn, but ended up going with family to spend the day walking around and exploring in some amazing botanical gardens instead. See, here is but one snapshot of spring in all its glory that we got to witness today.

Oh, wow, that is beautiful. Exactly what you would see in Narnia.

Good for you, Lady Chloe!

What's next for us? Well, Star Wars Day. "May the Fourth be With You!"

You wouldn't have an Authurian DAY, you'd have a KNIGHT. Everybody knows that.... :D

As for the Lord of the Rings, we already have Hobbit Day, because both Bilbo and Frodo had September 22 as their birthday (though in different years). Since Sauron fell on March 25th, that day is also sometimes celebrated by Tolkein Fans as the Fall of Sauron.

hmmmmm... This is all very amusing, but
Getting back
on topic...

Attachments

• pevensies huh.jpg
    pevensies huh.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Back