You Know Your A Narnia Fan When...

(I don't do any of these myself but i have heard of others who've done them or they just sound like plausible things an obsessed narnia fan would do)

~move to NZ in hopes of becoming an extra in LWW
~you jump into random puddles and are dissapointed when you don't find yourself in another world
~When it snows you go outside and look at the trees and whisper "it's narnia" (hehe i did this one when i was little, i would pretend it was narnia after it snowed a ton and everything was covered in ice and was all magic looking and q uiet as death)

Originally posted by NiennaTinuviel@Aug 11 2004, 09:11 PM
~When it snows you go outside and look at the trees and whisper "it's narnia" (hehe i did this one when i was little, i would pretend it was narnia after it snowed a ton and everything was covered in ice and was all magic looking and q uiet as death)
I do that all the time! Well, not all the time; that would require that it snows all the time in Raleigh. But whenever the flakes do decide to grace us with their presence, I always make some kind of allusion to Narnia that none of my friends understand.

Bah. I live in Texas. It hardly ever snows. Maybe I can pretend I'm in Calormen when it's 110+ degrees outside. Now I just need a talking horse...

~Your copies of the book are held together mainly by scotch tape (That's a true one for me. Same goes for my copies of the Lord of the Rings books.)
~You mentally cast people around you as various characters.
~You read the books out loud and act out the parts of various characters.

W()()t! Another Texanian!
Yea, the copy of DT I used to read just about every week when I was little is almost nothing but pages held together with tape.
Lol.

Ah, a new member! Welcome, Aren3, to the place that is narniafans.com ;-) Enjoy your stay!

You know you're a narnia fan if you hear the titles of the TV shows "Leave it to Beaver" and "I Love Lucy" and think they must be spin-offs of Narnia. (And if you wonder whether Gilligan's Island is anywhere near Ramandu's Island).

Originally posted by NiennaTinuviel@Aug 11 2004, 08:11 PM
(I don't do any of these myself but i have heard of others who've done them or they just sound like plausible things an obsessed narnia fan would do)

~move to NZ in hopes of becoming an extra in LWW
~you jump into random puddles and are dissapointed when you don't find yourself in another world
oh man thats funny. i use to go outside when i was little after a snow and pretend i was edmond making my way to the white witches castle from the beavers dam. it never snows anymore here though. alabama must not like me :(

Well, first posting, here we go... I arrive and now i think I may not fit in as i loath Turkish Delight (maybe i'm paranoid about being bewitched!?), and i do call 'Santa' by his real name (!) of Father Christmas. Does the fact that i pretty much went to EXperiment House count for anything?

Eh, don't worry. We're al pretty crazy here, and I don't think anyone honestly likes Turkish delight! :D
So, welcome, rosymole. May I ask why your name is what it is?

Originally posted by NiennaTinuviel@Aug 17 2004, 08:21 PM
Just a Q, are most ppl here also LotR fanatics?
Well, The Fellowship of the Ring is the only film I've seen in the theater as many as 4 times. The other two, I saw in the theater 3 times each. I've read the books several times. Don't know if all that counts me as a fanatic or not (I'm more of a Narnia man myself).

mm ok. Lol, it's just fun to find people that appreciate the trilogy. You don't have to be fanatical about it...I do'nt really count myself as a fanatic anymore.

Originally posted by Dragon@Aug 26 2004, 06:41 PM
Well, The Fellowship of the Ring is the only film I've seen in the theater as many as 4 times. The other two, I saw in the theater 3 times each.
Me being me, I had to have some kind of pattern for my theatre-viewings of LotR. As such, I saw Fellowship(the FIRST one) once, Two Towers twice, and RotK thrice in the theatre.

Back to the "You know you're a Narnia fan when...":

...When you play a video game, and plan it just right so you can take out most of the baddies from above, whilst randomly yelling, "The bolt of Tash falls from above!"

...When, after you have said that & you die, you wonder if you got stuck on a hook in the wall on your way down.

How long can I take to reply to innocent questions?? I'm very rude sorry! Aragorn think i put something similar on the avatar thread - but the glorious name of rosymole comes, not from my real name which is far to odd and would bring many razed eye brows, but the rosy part is form my face, i've always had a very healthy glow ( some may say it's something to do with alcohol but that's a lie!) upon my cheeks, and the mole part is an old nickname and something to do with sleeping b=habits, also, if anyone has ever seen teh cartoon 'Dangermouse' i used to look a little like a character from that called Penfold (wasn't actually a mole, turned out to be a hamster, boo!)
And, yes, huge lotr fan, althou not to obsessive lengths, although there is always time!

Originally posted by aren3@Aug 12 2004, 04:39 PM
~You read the books out loud and act out the parts of various characters.
Definitely me. Here's mine.

~You call your Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head "Mr. and Mrs Beaver".
~You spell fawn (meaning a young deer) faun.

Sorry. I was raised on the BBC classics.

You know you're a Narnia fan when...
~ you get a group of friends together to act out scenes from the books.
~You refuse to eat meat in fear that it was a talking animal.
~You yell at your English teacher for interrupting you while you were rereading the series for the [insert number here] time before the movie came out. (Hehe... I haven't been called on in class since.)
~ You go to the midnight showing of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, then afterwards you and your costumed friends go gallavanting around town. BUT the really good part comes when you've got two feet of snow and you tell random people you pass that the White Witch's reign is ending... You get the point, lol.

Oh, by the way, Y. Fish, may I steal your T-shirt idea with the rings and make my own? I'll put something on there like "Y. Fish (with the C in the circle)" or something like that, I promise!

You know your a narnia fan when ...

you've seen narnia more than five times when it was in theaters

you almost cried when you relized you didn't have a wardrobe (or yellow or green rings or a picture of a boat or any other way listed in the books to get to narnia)

you've spent over 200$ on narnia (books , movie , game , etc)

you call you cat TIGER SON OF ASLAN!

Say narnia randomly every few seconds

I'll post more later

AlwaysHis324 said:
I thought this would be a fun list to compile. I'm working on a Narnia section for my own website, and this would be fun to put on there.

You know your a Narnia fan when...

~you have more then one copy of each of the books
~you check every wardrobe you find for other worlds
~you are extremely cautious of putting on green rings
~you know what turkish delight is
~you know what turkish delight tastes like
~you have made turkish delight
~your favorite animal is a lion
~you know Narnian geography/history better then your own country's history
~you talk to animals and expect them to talk back

I've got more and I'll post them later. Feel free to add your own!

i dont think of any of those things are true..im a huge narnia fan and i barely have or do any of those follwing things u posted :)

Back