Focus on the family: radio theater

Narniafreak

Sup yal,
Have any of you heard the "Focus on the family: Radio theater" before? :confused: What did you think?
P.S. That's how I found out about Narnia!!!

I've lsitened to it a couple of times. We have The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wradrobe, and The Horse and His Boy on CD.

I listened to Adventures in Odyssey like crazy when I was a kid, but I've not listened to it for some time, so, sadly, I an't get back into it.

I love em! :D I started listening to them when I discovered that they aired weekly on the local talk radio station. I heard part of Voyage of the Dawn Treader on it, and being the obsessed Narnia freak that I am, I just had to get the whole set! Truly awesome stuff...

I LOVE Adventures in Odyssey. I used to listen to it ALL the time when I was younger but i still just love it!! I know it's really for kids but a lot of it is actually very sophisticated and seriously, the lessons in there are some of the best. if only people would just follow them lol........but yeah i love it!!! i feel kind of weird seeing as it's for kids but i think ive heard every episode in existence (except the newer ones, those are a lot different) and my little brother still listens to it so i hear it a lot and i just think it's the greatest thing ever!! :D

I'm almost 55 years old, and I love "Adventures In Odyssey." As for F-O-F's Narnian radio plays, I like them a lot...except that the actor portraying Aslan just does NOT have a deep enough voice. That seems to be a persistent problem with Narnian adaptations.

I have all seven of these as well as a boxed set. I really love them as well. I've put all of them on my iPod to listen to as well. They're very well done.

I love AIO!!! I have about 9 on CD. We went to Focus on the Family in Colorado springs. I also have all seven Narnia dramas, and I've memorized them all. At FOF, we went into WhitsEnd, the Narnia adventure room (which you entered by going into a wardrobe with coats.) and other things. It was so awesome. I wish I had taken more pics, but I didn't, sadly.

I too, loved (and still love) Adventures in Odyssey. They are so interesting - especially the episodes with Bernard and Eugene!:D

As for the FotF Radio Theatre, I have the whole Narnia CD set - so awesome...
@Copperfox: I agree with you about David Suchet (the voice of Aslan). I liked the BBC audio version's Aslan better.:cool:

Wow, no one has posted in this thread for almost a year. Too bad, because it's on a great subject. I just had to post, because I absolutely love Focus on the Family's interpretation of Narnia. Through listening to them, I got my view on what Narnia should be like.

The music is awesome, and really captures the mood well. The sound effects are believable, and Aslan's roar...it's perfect.

Paul Schofield is an excellent narrator, and I love listening to his voice begin with "This is a story..." or "Once, there was a boy..." He reads words in a way that portrays Lewis' style well.

Of the entire series, my favorite is The Last Battle. Once again, the music and sound effects (especially in Tirian's dream) are excellent, and the actors did a phenomenal job in this one. It portrayed that bittersweet feeling of the ending of the series, and I actually teared up during Paul Schofield's last lines as he describes life in the real Narnia.

I love Adventures In Odyssey
I also love Radio Theatre..
"Les Miserables" is my favorite,and the "Father Gilbert" series (I absolutely love those).....and Narnia,of coarse.:)

Radio Theater Narnia

So I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but have any of you ever listened to the Focus on the Family Radio Theater versions of the Narnia books? My siblings and I practically grew up listening to those and we loved them, and I'm just curious to know if ya'll have listened to them and what your thoughts were/are.

So I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but have any of you ever listened to the Focus on the Family Radio Theater versions of the Narnia books? My siblings and I practically grew up listening to those and we loved them, and I'm just curious to know if ya'll have listened to them and what your thoughts were/are.

Yes I have. They are all amazing, and well acted. I have all of them in an audio box set. They bring the Narnia books to life beautifully. I also enjoy the Anne Of Green Gables FOTF too.

For a while in my family, a road trip was not complete without listening to one of the Radio Theater Narnia books. The music, scripting, voice actors and sound effects are all so well done! Excellent adaptations all...

Yes, I love them. I've listened to them all at least once. They're a great way to magically transport myself out of overcrowded, congested Houston while driving. I think I'll listen to one again soon. They are very well done!

@Tirian - Houston traffic can indeed be horrendous!
but back on topic: I also really like the sweeping Narnia music them that wells up after the opening teaser at the beginning of each book.

Back