Which of the Marvel hero's are your favorites?

• Total voters
Age of Ultron!

I loved Age of Ultron. I loved that James Spader was the voice of Ultron! He ca be so smarmy, and that was perfect for Ultron.

The Avengers were in great form. I loved that little exchange at the beginning when Capt America said, "Language!" and then they never let him forget it. Stuff like that is so cute. And I like that they call him "Cap" a lot of the time.

And that funny little, "Nice talk." -- "No it wasn't."
They do witty dialogue so well.

Anyway, the plot was imaginative, the action was intense, the dialogue was witty, the characters are likeable. I really enjoyed it start to finish. The only thing, is that meant to be the last Avengers with all the original Avengers? looked like Hulk was gone, and Cliff went home, and Tony was out -- so Steve and Nat were starting to train a new team of Avengers? And if so, who was the one with the bird wings? I think maybe I missed an Avengers movie from the last one I saw; I had no idea who the bird-wing guy was.

Also I had a question: when did Ultron die, or did he? I thought he died when that telekinesis girl jerked his heart out, but then he appeared again with Vision — and then just that flash of light. Was he indeed dead then?

The guy with the bird wings was Falcon. He was in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier', which came out last year.

Ultron did indeed die when Vision destroyed that last body. When the Scarlet Witch pulled his "heart" out, he just uploaded to a different body, which Vision then destroyed.

Oh, thank you!

I missed Winter Soldier because I can so rarely drag my husband to the movies! He felt guilty about tying up my weekends all spring with his craft show business, so when we had our first weekend off since early March, he said he'd do whatever I wanted. And I wanted to see Ultron.

OK, I will try to get Winter Soldier streamed on my Kindle so I can see this new Avenger.

I also missed Pepper in this film. She's so cute with Tony.

I guess I missed what happened to SHIELD. The last Avengers movie I saw, Fury was still the head of a functioning Shied ... or did I just forget what happened to it? Why was it disbanded?

And: I saw a little news headline somewhere that said Loki made a scene for Ultron, but it was cut from the film. Anyone know what it was and why it was cut?

I don't know the answer to the question about Loki, but the disbanding of SHIELD was the entire plot of 'The Winter Soldier'. Major spoilers there.

And: I saw a little news headline somewhere that said Loki made a scene for Ultron, but it was cut from the film. Anyone know what it was and why it was cut?

Joss Whedon said it overloaded the film. He'll be back for Thor 3 and maybe the next Avengers film...for sure Thor 3. I've heard rumors about the latter. I'd have to verify that rumor.

But yes, lots happened in Winter Soldier. Fury is no longer even the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore. I'd say who, but that might be a really big spoiler. ;)

Yes, they are both Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. The Iron Patriot is just a repaint of the War Machine armor.

Of course, in the comics, Iron Patriot was Norman Osborn, aka, the Green Goblin.

OK now I must see Winter Soldier! I like Capt America. :)
I hope Amazon will have it for streaming on Kindle.

Thanks for all the info. I would like to see Age of Ultron again, but I probably won't be able to talk my husband into seeing the same movie twice. Oh well.

When is Thor 3? I am not sure I saw Thor 2 ...

Ink, the projected release date for Thor: Ragnarok is sometime in 2017.

Wait.

2017?! :eek:

Here's a somewhat complete list of the next few years of Marvel films:

July 2015-Ant Man
May 2016-Captain America: Civil War
november 2016-Doctor Strange
May 2017-Guardians of the Galaxy 2
July 2017-Spectatular Spider Man (rumored, not confirmed yet)
November 2017-Thor: Ragnarok
May 2018-Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
July 2018-Black Panther
November 2018-Captain Marvel
May 2019-Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
July 2019-Inhumans (this concept has been already introduced in season 2 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Whew. Lots of films to be looking forward to. Disappointed there are no Hulk projects in the works though. Or a Black Widow film. Or a Hawkeye film.

(List of above projects from this site http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/marvel/237462/full-marvel-movie-release-calendar)

And even though each film may not be directly tied to each other, each film tends to set up the other, especially in this universe.

Wow, thanks for the information. Yes, I would like to see another Hulk film, too. I saw preview for AntMan at the Avengers film -- it looks kinda silly! I'm looking forward to seeing Winter Soldier online somewhere and then another Capt America next year. Cool.

I didn't see the Ant-Man preview. Though I did see Batman vs. Superman. Looks interesting. I'll probably see that one because I liked Man of Steel.

Oh, wait. Wrong universe. :p

I didn't see the Ant-Man preview. Though I did see Batman vs. Superman. Looks interesting. I'll probably see that one because I liked Man of Steel.

Oh, wait. Wrong universe. :p

The Ant-Man preview was fantastic, honestly. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

LOL! I don't know the difference between universes ...

Batman and Superman are D.C. Comics, which is a totally different franchise, and one that's been less successful on the big screen side of things. Marvel is the powerhouse comic franchise, who is obviously doing something more right than D.C., having success in both small screen (TV, such as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, and the rumored spin-off to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and big screen markets. Now since Disney has bought them, they're only getting bigger.

This is a comics thing, so I feel no need to tag it as a spoiler.

Well, Steve Rogers works for HYDRA now in the comics. What is worse, they're saying that he's actually a sleeper agent who has been working for them since before WWII.

This is disrespectful to the creators of Captain America (Joe Simon and Jack Kirby), to his fans, and to the character himself; who after 75 years of fighting Nazis, is now supposed to be one. I can't stand it.

Back