Share a pic not of yourself

Very cute kitty!

Good, GV, you saved his life. :) He will get used to you and love you as much as you love him. Sometimes when we come in off the streets, we don't know how to act in good company. He will learn. :)

2qxs02w.jpg

This is one of my kittens, Esther, acting as a bookend. ;)

Aw, cute kitty!

yeah, he is a sweet heart he now know how to leave me alone when I need to alone :) I slept like a rock last night because he let me sleep

Houston Zoo

My husband took me to the Zoo one day last month -- I just downloaded the photos last night finally. Some came out OK. Here is the elephant, for instance. Very cute!

We would like to go on photo safari in Africa, but it is very costly to go if you fly business class, and my husband won't fly more than 5 or 6 hours in coach class, so I don't know if we'll ever go. But I have read of a few zoos in the USA that have photography workshops that give you behind-the-scenes access to photograph the animals ... which might be a good option if we can't afford to go to Africa. I am checking it out for vacation this spring maybe.

Attachments

• Elephant with tire.jpg
    Elephant with tire.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • elephant and tire cu.jpg
    elephant and tire cu.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 68
  • elephant profile.jpg
    elephant profile.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Elephant.jpg
    Elephant.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 67
Here's a drawing I did a couple of months ago. It pains me a little to look at it, because it doesn't resemble the reference picture as much as I wanted it to. And the shading didn't come out very smoothly. But I guess it's decent considering it was the first time I'd done a portrait in six months.

Last edited:
Here's a drawing I did a couple of months ago. It pains me a little to look at it, because it doesn't resemble the reference picture as much as I wanted it to. And the shading didn't come out very smoothly. But I guess it's decent considering it was the first time I'd done a portrait in six months.
It's gorgeous! Are you kidding me? It looks fantastic! I will attach a drawing I did of myself with a migraine headache. You will see it looks nothing like me ... I can only dream of being able to draw like you!!!
Me, and my idea of me with a migraine headache ... not a good likeness, even on the side that doesn't have the headache!

Attachments

• Jax Avi.jpg
    Jax Avi.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 67
  • headache.jpg
    headache.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 69
Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I would have been happier with it if it actually resembled him in some way, but I spent days and days on it and it just refused to look like him. XD I think I'm pretty harsh with myself about my drawings.

I really love your drawing - and I'm not being sarcastic! I like how colourful and abstract it is, and also the different patterns on the right side of the drawing.

I totally fail at using colour in my work, which is why I stick to pencils. XD

Your drawing was amazing. I can't say how much it resembled the subject, but the drawing as a drawing was lovely. Mine was just goofing around with my computer and colored markers, but that is about as well as I can draw to make anything look like what it is supposed to be. You have a gift! :)
(And thank you for the kind words.)

Here is another round of photos from my trip to the zoo ... Leapin' Lemurs!

Attachments

• lemur.jpg
    lemur.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 68
  • lemur2.jpg
    lemur2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 67
  • lemur3.jpg
    lemur3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 66
Thank you very much! :) I've never been told that I have a gift with drawing before.

I like your lemur photos! And also the elephant ones up there. They're both adorable. What camera do you use?

Thank you! These were shot with my little pocket Panasonic Lumix which has a Leica lens, so I think it takes pretty clear pictures -- plus a 16X optical zoom which helps a lot with things like zoo animals. Here are some more.

Attachments

• giraffe profile.jpg
    giraffe profile.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 60
  • giraffe3.jpg
    giraffe3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 60
  • gorilla2.jpg
    gorilla2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 63
Nice pic's, Inkspot! :)
This is a drawing I made of, well the Dame of Gondor when I first signed up on TDL. (it's a bit blurry.) ;) (P.S. I don't look like that AT ALL.) (P.P.S. It seems like I haven't been on here lately! sad. :( I miss being on TDL.)
2z5uh3a.png
[/IMG]

These photos were taken 3/6/2013.

Beckoning branches
299830_10151339949901243_1882869400_n.jpg

My snowman, William Darcy (from the Lizzie Bennet Diaries). He wears a "newsie cap" and "bowtie". lol
430701_10151339951206243_1520571919_n.jpg

Wow, looks cold, but very bright!

let me add some more from my zoo shoot ...

i like the 3rd one best -- wish the wall weren't there ... it would look better with a more natural backdrop.

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 56
  • lion2.jpg
    lion2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 55
  • lion3.jpg
    lion3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 55
Here's a few pictures of Abby:

Abby trying to make snowballs (and failing)
IMG_0855_zpsf5ee234a.jpg

Someone holding a treat so that she'd let them take a closeup (hence the drool ;))
IMG_0379_zps1764c0bb.jpg

Abby is the cutest! Love a big black dog. :)

All the snow in these photos looks quite chilly, but it is warming up where I live, so it looks welcome, too.

Back