Mod Q&A Thread II

Q:

Why don't posts in The Land of Duffers count towards your post count?

Because we want to discourage members from posting just to increase their post count. In the past, we had members posting in threads like Glorious Food or Last Post game, and saying "Cool! (10 thingy)" just to increase their post count. By turning off the post count, it encouraged members to post in areas of the board that pertain to the movies, and prevents widespread spamming in the Duffers.

Because we want to discourage members from posting just to increase their post count. In the past, we had members posting in threads like Glorious Food or Last Post game, and saying "Cool! (10 thingy)" just to increase their post count. By turning off the post count, it encouraged members to post in areas of the board that pertain to the movies, and prevents widespread spamming in the Duffers.
Thanks...That makes sense...too bad though!

Yes, my children, HB has been elevated to the status of Royal Guard (which took some doing, believe me!) He is now excused from scullery duty in the Mod Lounge, can make all the free phone calls he likes, and can leave his jacket lying around.

He still has to change his money at the border, though. Which is good for us, since we want as much of that funny-colored stuff as we can get!

Yes, my children, HB has been elevated to the status of Royal Guard (which took some doing, believe me!) He is now excused from scullery duty in the Mod Lounge, can make all the free phone calls he likes, and can leave his jacket lying around.

He still has to change his money at the border, though. Which is good for us, since we want as much of that funny-colored stuff as we can get!
*On a serious note*
Well deserved HB!!!!

Last edited:
Okay, I have a question.

Is it legal for me to shamelessly advertise my Narnia jewelry in my signature if/when I put some on Ebay? :D
This is a good question, and I fear the answer is no. We have to draw a pretty hard line on advertising, because if we give an inch, even to members in good faith such as you, we'd face an avalanche of real live spam.

Believe me, you have no idea how hard we work to keep this forum spam free. If one of us took our fingers out of the dyke, this forum would be inundated with all manner of threads and posts for who knows what.

I think the closest we might be able to offer would be a notice like "PM me about the Narnia jewelry I make!" Then conversations would not be in the public space. However, I may be overruled in this by the forum owner or other mods - we may have to say "no notice at all". Sorry, but it's not us - it's the spammers.

This is a good question, and I fear the answer is no. We have to draw a pretty hard line on advertising, because if we give an inch, even to members in good faith such as you, we'd face an avalanche of real live spam.

Believe me, you have no idea how hard we work to keep this forum spam free. If one of us took our fingers out of the dyke, this forum would be inundated with all manner of threads and posts for who knows what.

I think the closest we might be able to offer would be a notice like "PM me about the Narnia jewelry I make!" Then conversations would not be in the public space. However, I may be overruled in this by the forum owner or other mods - we may have to say "no notice at all". Sorry, but it's not us - it's the spammers.

Ahhh, understood completely. It was worth a shot, anyways :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering so quickly, though. (and also for the spamless boards: as a mod on another (but much smaller) forum, I can semi-grasp how hard it must be to keep one this size spamless :eek:)

Back