Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr- Christopher Paolini III - Post all Eragon here

I never said you were horrible.....

Also like I said, if he had not set the storyline in book 1, book 4 would have been more original, especially if he had not written the stupid prophecy in Teirm.

I felt it was implied that I was in the wrong after you posted my "quote" and then all the reasons that I was wrong.... Forgive me if in my zeal I went to far in describing my feelings about the issue.

Of course it would've. That's why you shouldn't make up prophecies in your very first book that will be dragged into the others unless you have planned everything out in detail and know exactly what you're doing. At least not if you get it published.... I never denied this.

I really liked the first two books and thought the movie was quite fun in it's own way. The third book never captured my interest and I had a hard time finishing it, though.

I really liked the first two books and thought the movie was quite fun in it's own way. The third book never captured my interest and I had a hard time finishing it, though.

The first was enjoyable, and good start to the series

The second was like taking your medicine. Painful, but neccesary.

Brisignr was the first book where things seemed to get better, and was VERY enjoyable (and my favorite).

And Inheritance was a tad of a disappointment, although it still summed the story up well. I just felt like there were some spots with bad writing.

EDIT:
Anyone, seen the 'Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia ' ?

Actually I just did at "Barnes and Noble" the other day! It looks amazing and I REALLY wanted to buy it!

The first was enjoyable, and good start to the series

Brisignr was the first book where things seemed to get better, and was VERY enjoyable (and my favorite).

And Inheritance was a tad of a disappointment, although it still summed the story up well. I just felt like there were some spots with bad writing.

I never finished the last book. I read two chapters and couldn't go any further. I think Brisignr lost me completely...I was bored the entire time.:eek:

I never made it through the first book... it was interesting... but I found other things to read instead... I should probably go back and finish it some time... ;)

I never finished the last book. I read two chapters and couldn't go any further. I think Brisignr lost me completely...I was bored the entire time.:eek:

My sister did the same with the 4th. If you liked the first 3 then you HAVE to read the 4th!

I never made it through the first book... it was interesting... but I found other things to read instead... I should probably go back and finish it some time... ;)

GO BACK FERNY! You won't regret it :D

I enjoyed Inheritance a lot until the ending. That is what threw me off of fully enjoying it. Other books have done that to me, where the whole book would be good and then towards the end it ends up dull or a complete copy of another book. But it wasn't bad and the series is still fun to read! One thing with writing is that it's hard to please everyone, when you know where you want the story to go.

Last edited:
Anyone, seen the 'Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia ' ?

I own it. Got it when a little bookstore at my local mall closed. Its got the most beautiful illustrations but really lame little extras. Like they talk about Arya's favorite flower and have a little plastic/paper flower to represent it, you know, those really cheap ones you can get for a buck at the dollar store. They don't even TRY to make that stuff look realistic. At the back of the book they have a representation of Glaedr's Eldunari and its this plastic golden gem the size of your thumb. -.- So that part is really pathetic, especially when you consider how well done the rest of the book is. The pictures are stunning though and it does provide some interesting info.

Brisingr and Eldest were my least favorite of the four. Can't quite decide which I like less... Eldest has those slow boring parts that document Eragon's training but Brisingr has some bad parts to, like the *shudders* dwarf politics. That whole part could've been summed up with: they argued for weeks about who should be chief, then finally decided to elect Orik. Wham. That just whacked off 50-100 pages of agony.

That, however, is the enduring problem with long books; authors can't put enough intriguing aspects into them to make it interesting the whole way through. That's probably part of the reason why experienced and good writers tend to make shorter books within the 100-500 page range.

Thanks Guys! sounds like I might have to look into getting the guide... makes me wish fox would look into remaking the film...

Maybe not fox, but I definitely want the films remade! They have so much potential! Paolini must not be letting anyone have the rights because it seems like allot of people would jump at the opportunity!

I know these books for years now, and still busy reading Eldest... wish I finished all of the books, but only finished Eragon yet..

I want to read them in English, but since it's not my native language, it's quite difficult to read :D I really liked Eragon!!!

Your right, considering Fox can't get any fantasy done right (Narnia 3, Eragon...). Maybe New Line/Warner? I think it would depend if Fox leased the rights or if they were sold outright to them. (for example WB owns now the cover paintings for the American Harry P. books according to the copyright notice in the new editions we got at my job, and probably holds enough rights to keep the film rights on lockdown).

The Inheritance Cycle?! I love those books! Saphira is my favorite character (with Solembum and Angela close behind), and my favorite book would have to be Eragon. I think that the entire series is rather interesting, though I didn't care for the ending of Inheritance. For one thing, it was really long! For another, it wasn't a very good ending in my opinion. I know that Christopher Paolini was trying to wrap it up and make the ending like how Angela had seen it in Eragon, but it wasn't very satisfying. I would say that Mr. Paolini should make another book, telling about what Eragon did after the end!

The Inheritance Cycle?! I love those books! Saphira is my favorite character (with Solembum and Angela close behind), and my favorite book would have to be Eragon. I think that the entire series is rather interesting, though I didn't care for the ending of Inheritance. For one thing, it was really long! For another, it wasn't a very good ending in my opinion. I know that Christopher Paolini was trying to wrap it up and make the ending like how Angela had seen it in Eragon, but it wasn't very satisfying. I would say that Mr. Paolini should make another book, telling about what Eragon did after the end!

I agree! He should have ended it with something more memorable, a grand finale. I suppose he's thinking of writing another novel centred around the world of Alagaesia since he said it took him a long time to create.

I loved his ending in the Eldest book- he really nailed it there with the uncovering of hidden 'truth' (won't specify as others haven't finished it).
It was really gripping and compelled me to read Brisingr, but he would have done better had he ended the whole series with something equally as gripping.

I agree! He should have ended it with something more memorable, a grand finale. I suppose he's thinking of writing another novel centred around the world of Alagaesia since he said it took him a long time to create.

I loved his ending in the Eldest book- he really nailed it there with the uncovering of hidden 'truth' (won't specify as others haven't finished it).
It was really gripping and compelled me to read Brisingr, but he would have done better had he ended the whole series with something equally as gripping.

The very end is practically copied off of Return of the King. I enjoyed Inheritance (after waiting 4 years for it at least that was something) but the ending wasn't all that great. He should've had their epic battle then shown us who the next rider was gonna be (*spoliers* I wish it hadn't been Arya) then ended the book. The way he finished it made it look like he hadn't changed his writing style at all and that he would be an author doomed to copy other's storylines for the rest of his life. *sigh*

Or y'know maybe I just notice this stuff because I did the same thing in my books but I had the sense to go back and rewrite them BEFORE I decided to publish them so that it all makes sense and I'm not blatantly copying another author's work.

In my opinion, the first book, Eragon, is his best as its clear, precise and does not drag on. He did say he had a lot of help from his editor and others as it was originally a lot longer. Although the rest of the books have brilliant twists and plots, at times I felt some parts were a bit too drawn out. His ending was the same.

In my opinion, the first book, Eragon, is his best as its clear, precise and does not drag on. He did say he had a lot of help from his editor and others as it was originally a lot longer. Although the rest of the books have brilliant twists and plots, at times I felt some parts were a bit too drawn out. His ending was the same.

If he chopped out about 12 unnecessary characters from each book except Eragon and about a quarter of Eldest and Brisingr and the ending of Inheritance (I enjoyed most of their battles and exploits in the middle of it, but that may have been because when I read it I was sick and had nothing to do...) they'd probably be a lot better books.

If he chopped out about 12 unnecessary characters from each book except Eragon and about a quarter of Eldest and Brisingr and the ending of Inheritance (I enjoyed most of their battles and exploits in the middle of it, but that may have been because when I read it I was sick and had nothing to do...) they'd probably be a lot better books.

Agreed! I found his battle scenes pretty good, it was just some of the parts in between which made me feel restless and annoyed. Ah well, I myself know how hard it is to summarize so I don't hold it too much against him.

The book was very good, and it actually is well written. How many 15 year old's write hit selling books?

Ahem, I have made a goal to publish at least one hit selling book by the time I'm seventeen. Just so y'all know.

Anyway, I thought the first two books in the series were pretty good, and I respect the stories of the last two books, but they have SO MANY cruddy, immoral things in them!

Back