call for Narniopoly Game Board designers

Corin,
We will definitely need to put the Oasis in the cards, but I think Free Parking is going to be Aslan's Table. There is room for one more name in the VDT set however (see post #1). Any ideas?

For VODT we have to have something with Ramandu in it. How about Ramandu Road, or Ramandu Ridge or Ramandu's Cove?

Brilliant suggestion, BK! I like Ramandu Ridge or Road. The alliteration is nice. But which do you prefer?

Cryfion, excellent idea. I put Beaverdam Drive on the board [post #1]. (I attached "dam" to the end of "beaver" so it would sound less like cussing, though ;) )

Corin, I really like your idea of making the Dark Island = Jail
maybe even more than Silver Chair which is currently in that spot. But what do the rest of you think? Shall I change it?

Last edited:
I like Ramandu Ridge but Ramandu Road is probably more appropriate for a monopoly-style board, so Ramandu Road it is. Thanks.

Good ideas. :D

I don't know when you'll be expecting the graphic aspect, but if you need any extra help with getting the pictures parts I might be able to help a little. :) Will you be getting images from the books and films or will some parts be newly drawn?

Thanks Sir Cabbage for your offer to help on graphics. The property spaces will be straight forward, of course, but we will need original fan-art (to avoid copyright issues, no movie-based or book-tied art) for the card decks, & for the following spaces:

[ ] Further Up and Further In (LB) = Go
[ ] Aslan's Table (LB) = Free Parking
[ ] Silver Chair (SC) =Jail, -- unless you all prefer Dark Island (from VDT) for the Jail Space
[ ] Turkish Delight (LWW) =luxury tax
[ ] Deplorable Word (MN) =utilities

Tele-transportation:
[ ] The Rings (MN), [ ] the Wardrobe (LWW), [ ] the Painting (VDT), [ ] The Doors (PC & LB)

I like ShortAngel's suggestion we put a [ ] Narnia map on the board center, with NARNIOPOLY written across the center.

Questions that still need to be decided:
1. What shall we call the two card decks? How about calling one Tarva and the other Alambil (the two Narnian planets mentioned by Doctor Cornelius in PC)?

2. What Narnian monetary units shall we use for rent $?

Great Job everyone!
Now that most of the names are done, soon I will be starting a new contest calling for maps of Narnia, and the winning map shall be the center of our Narniopoly Board.

Last edited:
I. Archenland (Castle) Avenue

II. Underland Lane

III. Shift's Shabby St.

IV. Dragon Island Dr.

V. Cair Paravel Ct.

VI. Dawn Treader Dr.

Thanks Sir Godfrey! Because several of the property sets are already set, unfortunately I could not add in all your good suggestions.

Last edited:
I like how this turned out to be a very popular project! Everyone's contributions were excellent! :)

Only just discovered this thread today!! soooo excited :D

I have an idea for monetary! what about the half-sovereigns that fell out of Uncle Andrew's pockets and turned into gold and silver trees which they used to make crowns for the King Frank and Queen Helen?

Back