The Lucy's of Narnia: BBC and Walden

LadyEm

Lucy Pevensie

Queen Lucy the Valiant of Narnia, Lucy the Valiant, etc.

Sophie Wilcox:
BBCLu.jpg

Georgie Henley:
WaldenLu.jpg

Lucy, endearing Lucy with innocent faith and winsomeness. There are two pretty vast differences in the Lucy we know and love, and again as with Susan, there are a lot more

Sophie Wilcox is strangely a year older than Sophie Cook - which is interesting to know because I always thought BBC Lucy looked awfully old.
In your opinion, what are the differences between these two Lucy's?
They look very different, but what do you think was the difference in the quality of the acting?

For me, I never really became attached at all to Sophie Wilcox, but Georgie was Lucy for me from the start. She seems to embody the magic that Lucy carries in the books right onto the screen.
Georgie on the other hand is so animated, that her eyes tell the story of Lucy. Her fascination with finding Narnia is so believable.

What do you think? What was Good from Sophie and Georgie? What was bad? What was different?

Well, I prefer Georgie because she's so believable. Like she IS Lucy, not just she's SUPPOSED to be Lucy. I don't really like Sophie Wilcox because to me she seemed stuffy, and unbelievable. Also, she just didn't have the cuteness that Georgie had, she looked to old. She also didn't really fit with the other actors. And also I think Georgie very much prettier.

Oh man! Gorgie Henely is WAY better than the BBC Lucy. For one thing...Gorgie looks pretter and nicer than the BBC Lucy. And other thing is, like I said about Peter, she lived her charater and got into the part of Lucy. She was so believeble because it felt like she sliped into Narnia its self as Lucy.

Yes...even though Sophie looks nothing like Lucy, she really did do a good job despite that.

I think though that she was MOST like Lucy in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I didn't like her in Prince Caspian very much at all. She was portrayed with rather a bad attitude I think - very snarky.
In the beginning, too, she shoves a poor girl off the bench in the Railway station - she and Susan act worse than Ed does in LWW, their attitudes are so sour - one would think they'd never met Aslan.

I agree. Georgie is the quintessential Lucy. She was a brilliant choice to play Lucy. Had they chosen someone else, I don't believe the film would have been near as good as it was. I think she and William were perfect in their roles.

I think Georgie does a better acting job and more beleivableand pretty and looks more like I imagined her in the books.

Georgie definitely was the better Lucy. She was much more believable age
wise for sure. Sophie Wilcox just looked too old. She was too old.
Sophie's acting was pretty good but she was a little too whiny. Georgie just
became Lucy. I mean for a girl that young she was a fantastic little actress! And of course the fact that she was so cute didn't hurt her either!:)

Georgie

Georie is a much better actress. She looks more like Lucy is described in the book. The BBC version (Sophie Wilcox) didn't look a thing like her. Georgie will always be the best x-x-x

I think Georgie Henley fits the part a lot better.
Even though i don't recall the BBC version very well, i think of Sophie Wilcox playing the part of a 14 year old, and when she broke down in tears in Susan's (Sophie Cook) arms, it kind of felt a bit unconvincing that she was the little girl in the book.

Although Sophie did a great job acting the part of Lucy...she wasn't Lucy really...way too old for it and didn't look it at all. Yall are right...Georgie is Lucy. She was amazing! I can't wait to see what she's like in PC and how she will grow with the role.

Georgie suits the part better, IMO, in appearance, age, and acting. Sophie did a good job, but it wasn't exactly right.

Georgie doesn't completely line up with my view of Lucy Pevensie (for one thing, Lucy's supposed to have golden hair, and is even younger than Georgie), but she's very close! And Georgie is just so darn cute! ;)

i heard that Sophie was older then the girl who played Susan!! i personally like Georgie. I mean she was darn close to the age Lucy was and she looked like Lucy. When i told my friends what age she was they were all like "NO WAY she looks so young. Georgie was awesome and she did seem believable, she fit in and took on the role as if it was herself. I'd Say Georgie was better then Sophie

Giorgie is Lucy! She fits in so well with the character, and i don't think anyone else could've done it as well as her!

My only problem with Georgie is that she's not blond - otherwise she's perfect. Sophie looked so wrong for her part that I had a hard time looking past it.

Georgie... 'nuff said. C'mon who hear didn't just wanna go right into the movie and give her a great big hug? That's what you should feel with Lucy. You want to hug her.

georgie all the way!!!! with her cute face, her close-to-accurate age of lucy, her great acting, and being an unknown actress...she's PERFECT. i mean, i wanted to pinch her cheeks.

Sophie looked plastic, though.

Back