All Seven Films To Be Made?

I thought doing the whole Chronicles was a sure thing. Aren't they filming a couple at the same time? It seems the logical thing to do like what PJ did with LotR. But then it's true they aren't sure how they will be welcomed. Still, the chronicles have a huge following everywhere and with allage groups so do they really need to be so cautious?

I have generally heard that the common consensus is to see how well LWW does and go from there. I'm not sure if that's dependable information, though? I haven't heard much about the studio's plans for producing more Narnia films. If they are being cautious, Nienna, I think it may be because the CoN are slightly more controversial (religiously speaking) than LotR. Also, LotR was immediately seen as a story with a huge audience range, from older kids to retirees. CoN, on the other hand, have always been seen as children's books.
Judging by the general obsession with fantasy, I think LWW will do well, which means that if that is the only encouragement needed to make more Narnia films, we should expect a few more at least. It's the idea that all seven of the books will be made into individual films that I tend to regard with a little skepticism, simply because I've never seen Hollywood stick with that big of a project and have it turn out well. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see all of the books made into movies. I'm just afraid to get my hopes too high.

Yea well Hollywood doesn't have that good of a reputation at all does it. I mean, not with old cult classic sort of books at least. Imean, look at the Black Cauldron, amazing book, cartoonmovie? I mean hello...

LOL!!! The fact that it's a cartoon isn't really the problem. I've seen some amazing animated films. The problem is that the movie tried to combine The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron into one story, cut out some key characters, and completely changed some other characters! Not to mention the plot and the spirit of the story! And that movie was just plain creepy, too...
But anyway, I'm not too worried about that happening in this case, at least with LWW. From the things I've heard it seems like the people behind this movie want to make it as close to the book as possible. Of course, we have to accept that making it close to the book really means close to their interpretation of the book, which could be quite different from ours...

Hope...Wish....Pray....

That is all I will do to actually see all seven books made into films.

Back