2015 Narnian Quote Calendar Project!

Call for Month Page Designers for our TDL 2015 Calendar

Thank you everyone for your quote suggestions and voting. Some of the mods had a lot of fun this evening matching months to quotes and our results are below Thank you Miss Reepicheep, Glenburne, IntotheWardrobe, and Gg. Since there was a four-way tie for 11th and 12th place we made the decision to pick iconic quotes or one that fit well with a particular month.

So now the fun begins of signing up designers for each month. Your task is to illustrate the quote paired with the month of your choice. You have freedom as to style and design as long as you include the assigned quote and an image of the calendar month on your page... and keep in mind that maximum size for the total page is 280 pixels tall and 600 pixels wide.

Here is a link for month graphics to include in each page, too, along with the quote for the month. (Note: if you'd rather use a different month graphic that is okay.)

See our TDL 2011 C.S. Lewis Quote calendar for examples, and let me know if you have any questions.

Okay so please go to the 1st post in this thread to pick a quote/month to illustrate.
blessings, Benisse

This is one of my all time favorite quotes from the Narnia series:

~ Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!~Lucy Pevensie~ The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

It showcases the wonder of Lucy right off the bat, and what becomes her undying belief in magic, Narnia and Aslan, even when the others don't believe her.

Calendar cover

I went to a medieval arts festival this past weekend, and made this rubbing of St. George... and I thought the knight on horseback slaying a dragon would make a great cover for our 2015 calendar. So here it is :)

I'm looking forward to seeing all the calendar pages you fellow Narniacs will be creating for our 2015 Narnia Quotes calendar. Sign up now to reserve your month!

p.s. Thanks for sharing your quote, NarniaB

p0v3m.jpg

The cover is great, Benisse!

Very nice, Tom! I like it. Out of personal curiosity, what is the beautifully bound book underneath the Narnia book and cup of tea?

The cover is great, Benisse!

Very nice, Tom! I like it. Out of personal curiosity, what is the beautifully bound book underneath the Narnia book and cup of tea?

Yay! I really like the composition in your August, Sir Tom!
I volunteer for March, but who will do January and February?

March 2015

Okay here is a watercolor I did for March.

Attachments

• dragonslayer 2015.jpg
    dragonslayer 2015.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 298
Back