Tell 5 things about yourself II

1. I've been on tdl for 6 years(if you can believe it)
2. I joined in the 6th grade and now I just graduated for high school at 19
3. Going to college in the fall, bit nervous but excited
4. My trip to England was amazing btw, just as beautiful as I thought it would be
5. I'm about to go to Yosemite National Park and I'm gonna have to time of my life

Sounds like a lot of good and exciting things happening for you amdd97! :)

1. I'm taking a summer grad class, and while it helps me get my hours done so I'll be able to graduate on time, at times (like now) I wish I didn't have to work during the summer :p
2. I'm ready for all things fall - pumpkins and cool weather and leaves changing. It's my favorite time of year! Plus, then I can bust out my fall candles and I am super excited for that!
3. This weekend I have to do a long trip for a family reunion. Sadly I'm not looking forward to it as much as I feel like I should.
4. The only big things on my to-do list today are to go shopping for cat food, and pick up a book for a book exchange I'm a part of.
5. It's almost 11 am and I'm still in my pajamas. Talk about a lazy morning. :rolleyes:

1. I've been a member here since 2006, but I haven't logged in here in over two years and haven't been a regular visitor for even longer.
2. I wanted to come back and see how everybody is doing.
3. I've been obsessed with One Direction for over a year now, which is a long time for me to stay this interested in one subject.
4. I got a new chiweenie puppy this weekend, her name is Viviane
5. I've been really stressed lately.

1. I joined in 2011; after a month of being active, I didn't get back on for another 5 years.
2. I move into college for my first semester ever in 2 days.
3. I will be leaving behind my 8 month old puppy with my family. He is mini aussie and his name is Winston
4. My plan is to go into education and teach high school history on a Native American Reservation.
5. I've acted since I was 4ish years old.

1. I graduated high school in 2011. How. Is that. Already. 5. Years ago? :eek:
2. I graduated from college this year.
3. I don't plan on any further schooling. I'm done. that's it.
4. But I do need a job.
5. Actually, I have a job as a window cleaner. It's fun.

(But I still need a job in my actual field.)

1. Tried Crystal Pepsi last week (and have been picking it up whenever I can find it now, lol) and it's mindblowing--it actually tastes like regular Pepsi. Except it's clear. It looks like water, lol.

2. Which is great for me, because I like colas, but colas do not like me--I think what upsets my stomach is the caramel coloring they use, because 7Up and Crystal Pepsi and other such "clear" sodas do not upset my stomach. I mean, NO soda is GOOD for me, lol, but when I indulge in them, I would rather not end up with a stomachache ten minutes later.

3. I need more music to listen to. The 5,625 different songs in my music library are not enough, apparently.

4. Tempted to actually try putting aside my hard feelings toward Zayn Malik and actually listen to his entire solo album.

5. I mean, I've heard "Pillowtalk" and that other one they play on the radio all the time, but I was disappointed. He's a jerk, but he's actually a really great vocalist, so I was hoping for better from his solo work...Still hoping maybe the rest of the album actually showcases his vocal abilities.

1. I graduated from High School in 2006 (Should have 2005).
2. I Graduated from College in 2010
3. It is not a coincidence that I started College in fall of 2006, and joined TDL at the same time. College is when I got my first personal email and computer.
4. I led 6 people to join TDL. They did not last long. my two younger sisters and 4 best friends joined but have not been on much at all.
5. I work first shift so I normally leave the house at 0610 but as today is my off day I am still in my pjs at 0946 but am about to get ready and go to the gym.

1. Today I went to a ukulele festival and I learned that the same chord progression can be used for Earth Angel, Stand by Me, Heart and Soul and many more oldies.

2. For our anniversary, my husband and I bid on a chess set used as a prop in Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and we won! The board is octagonal with the squares separate kins of wood to show dark and light, and triangular inlaid scenes along each side of the board.

3. My dream trip: to go to the Pergamum Museum in Berlin.

4. I love blueberry lemonade.

5. My son wants to collaborate with me to write a Christmas carol each year -- I write the lyrics, and he writes the music. We started last year with one based on the Magnificat but ran out of time to send it. This year's theme: Luke 1 - Zechariah's praise.

1. I saw a gray whale spouting last month while on a tide pool date with my husband. (my first sighting on shore!)
2. goal for this year: to walk more and surf less
3. going to the Science of Pixar exhibit this weekend
4. need to weed the flower beds
5. current reads: Hitty's First Hundred Years; Musicophilia; Sacred Marriage.

1) As of this month, I've been on TDL for eleven years. :eek:
2) I watched the 'Eight Days a Week' documentary last week and my love for The Beatles has been re-ignited.
3) A lot of my favourite artists have released great music this year.
4) I'm almost caught up on Welcome to Night Vale, which feels weird since I've been listening to it on and off since 2013 and never thought I'd get this far with it.
5) I listened to Episode 100 today and it made me feel a tad emotional (in a good way). Anyone who listens to it will probably know why. :p

1. At a Paul Simon exhibit that I went to organized by the RocknRoll Hall of Fame, I learned that the Simon and Garfunkel music duo at first called themselves "Tom and Jerry" (when they were in high school in 1957).

2. My husband and I are trying to walk 2017 miles (him and me together) in 2017. We just hit 800 miles today!

3. I have a tendency to misplace things. Fortunately my husband has a gift for finding things!

4. Jobs I have had: teacher, school district piano accompanist (for school choirs), school community representative, but mostly I have been a stay-at-home mom, and also an on-and-off homeschooling mom.

5. I am learning sign language because I have a friend who is deaf.

1. I haven't actually watched or read anything Narnia in like...how many years has it been since The Voyage of the Dawn Treader film came out?? xD

2. I basically live and breathe Harry Styles and I'm pretty sure everybody who knows me is sick to death of hearing his name, lol, I can't help it, he's fantastic!! :eek:

3. I tried dying my bangs purple, but I really don't like how it turned out, lol, I think I'm going to wait a few weeks and dye over it.

4. Cherry Coke is like, my favorite soda to ever exist.

5. I recently tried jalapeno poppers for the first time in my twenty-one years on this earth and they're my new favorite thing.

1. I love dance movies, yet am always slightly annoyed with them. I love them because I love dancing; I am annoyed because our current job schedule does not allow me to take any kind of dance classes.

2. I have nine children. Only one is biologically mine, though. We work at a boarding school, so the other eight live in our house August - May/June. They're not technically my kids but they live in our house 10/11 months out of the year so you kind of end up thinking of them as your own.

3. I love cheesecake almost more than chocolate. My husband was rather shocked to find this out.

4. I struggle with chronic anxiety/panic attacks.

5. At any given time I have at least three different story/character ideas swirling around in my head. Most of them never make it to paper, but it's fun to imagine stuff!

1. Like Lady (above) I prefer cheesecake to chocolate too (but don't eat either very often)

2. That said, I went to Ritter Sport in Berlin earlier this month, where you can custom design your own chocolate bar and then when it's cooled off, you pick it up to take away and enjoy!

3. My creation was white chocolate with lemon, almonds and cornflakes -- and actually it was scrumptious!

4. My husband and I got to go on a tour of Germany for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.

5. When I got back from our trip, I discovered that, in spite of having a dog-sitter, my beagle had got into the pantry and ripped open a ultra-jumbo bag of herb popcorn -- which explains why she was so lethargic on our return. She is doing better now, though.

1. I taught my daughter how to use the pressure cooker today, and the roast she is cooking smells Wonderful.

2. My beagle is shedding o.0

3. I just finished a Shakespearean retelling of Star Wars IV in iambic pentameter: Verily, A New Hope.

4. This winter I got to go whale watching twice, first with family and then with a close friend.

5. ^ God put on quite a show for us both times! His creation (gray whales, common dolphins, white-sided dolphins, sea lions, pelicans, etc) is truly fantastic!

Back