Eeeeegggggssss

I doubt that it will simplify things. Sushi is a sensitive creature; he's probably going to agonize over the fate of the lamppost years after this, and eventually will write a tragic opera about it in which the lamppost features matephorically through a tall cyclops-monopod.

I doubt that it will simplify things. Sushi is a sensitive creature; he's probably going to agonize over the fate of the lamppost years after this, and eventually will write a tragic opera about it in which the lamppost features matephorically through a tall cyclops-monopod.

I am definitely not attending that. I don't even like the opera. I don't even care for the Messiah (Handel's Messiah, not the actual Messiah. I'm quite fond of Him.), because oratorios are so similar to operas. Though, to hear some Christians talk about the Messiah, one would think that entry into Heaven is conditional upon one's opinion of the Messiah.

It is. Well, you won't be permanently banned. It's just that Peter is stationed at the pearly gates with a gigantic CD player, and he won't let you past until the strains of The Messiah fill you with rapture. Also, you must look enraptured. Otherwise you'll spend eternity by the CD player, with Peter giving you regular glares and saying things like, "If only I could have switched you out with Malchus. Why have ears when you don't use them properly?" And: "I now have to come up with a theodicy explaining how a good God could create people that don't like the greatest oratorio on earth. Do you I wanted to leave the thinking up to John, but no, the keys are chained to a philosophy textbook. DO YOU KNOW HOW STRESSFUL THIS IS???!"

Last edited:
I'm beginning to suspect that Glen's mind reacts much differently to the question, "What's the worst that could happen?" than the rest of the world. I find I'm happy with my lot. Poor Glen. *smothers Glen in bear hug* (but not an actual bear, don't worry) (and not any bear you might be allergic to) (and not a scary bear with one eye missing and the arms falling off)

I'm beginning to suspect that Glen's mind reacts much differently to the question, "What's the worst that could happen?" than the rest of the world. I find I'm happy with my lot. Poor Glen. *smothers Glen in bear hug* (but not an actual bear, don't worry) (and not any bear you might be allergic to) (and not a scary bear with one eye missing and the arms falling off)

That last part makes me think that it was definitely a scary bear with one eye missing and the arms falling off.

Sopespian doesn't seem to mind the water, gauging by his response (e.g., silence). Should we try something more interesting?

Back