Great Actors In The Movies

Rhindon

In my opinion, all these people did a great job and I wouldn't mind at all if they had acted in the new movies (if they were the right ages that is).

1. Samuel West - King Caspian (It's no wonder that he is still acting in films)
2. Big Mick - Trumpkin
3. Camilla Power - Jill Poll
4. Tom Baker - Puddleglum
5. David Thwaites - Eustace

And of course, Warwick Davis deserves mention for his portrayals of Glimfeather and Reepicheep.

David Thwaites was fabulous. Great as a "good sort", and perfect as the annoying little snob he was in VoDT. Tom Baker was excellent as well (hooray for the Dr Who fans!), and I adoredJonathon Scott as Edmund.

*loves this series to bits and beyond, despite all its many faults*

I thought Jill did really good! She was kinda hot too. He he he. David Thwaites, I thought was very good as well. And Samuel West. And I liked Rilian as well. And Puddleglum *list goes on*

I have the movies on DVD. I love them. These are my favorite stories of all time. I like them even better then Lord of the Rings. Yes, that is possible. I have read the books at least 12 times and watched the movies who-knows-how-many times. One of my favorite characters is Puddleglum. I loved him in the books and in the movies.

I had a crush on Peter and Edmund and later on Eustace (when he stopped being such a little prick). They did extremely well for being such young actors I thought and i still like the movies even though they're rather less than perfect SFX wise

I saw the boy (now man) who played Peter in an episode of some British crime-show. He played the son of the man who was murdered I think.

And I've seen the girl (now woman) who played Jill Pole in another British show which, I think, was about a rich English family in the early 1900s.

I think my top 11 of acting performances would include:

Eustace, Lucy, Jadis/The Witch/The Queen of the Underworld, Puddleglum, Digory, Trufflehunter, Ginarrbrik/Trumpkin, Jill, Aslan and the nanny at Harfang ("awwwwwwww") and Edmund.
These 11 just won me over. I love them and I love the actors/actresses for making Narnia so alive to me. Actually, I've come to love all of them and not just these 11, but if I have to pick just some, here's my result :)

If you speak about actors in the movies, I'd like to tell something as well:)But about something different;

I think is very good, that the main (and others too)characters are played by not very known actors (at least in Poland;) )I hate watching all the time the same people in every movies.And it id better to know the new ones.
I know, because of this movies, I'll be a fan of James McAvoy;):D
What is yours opinion about well known actorss?

I agree. Often with well known actors you remember them from other roles in previous films and so it effects the portrayal of the character. I prefer non-well known actors (as long as they can actually act). There's a couple of well known actors in the new films that I can think of - Dawn French and Ray Winstone (theyre may be others) but thats ok cos i think they're appropriate.

Hey!!! I've just found out that the girl whos playin lucy in the films lives just up the road from me - might even see her on the bus to school or something! Should I ask her for her autograph?? (Who cares if shes 9 years old!!) :D

I think all the actors who did the bbc films were great, especially Sam West and the guy who played Peter. However i have to say it coloured my opinion of them in later life! I saw The guy who played Peter playing the same role on stage in Sadlers Well, London... only by then he was 20 odd and it looked a bit wrong. Only to add to my confusion later that year my college took me to see the RSC perform Hamlet. Lo and behold Hamlet is Sam West, and for the life of me i couldn't think of him in any other way than Caspian.

it shows what a good job they did, it had been a good 12 years since i'd watched the bbc Narnia series and yet all of a sudden i was transported back to Narnia just by seeing the actors.

Back