Your Avatar/Sig

Dragon

Cool Hat Productions
Knight of the Noble Order
Hey! I was just wondering about some of y'all's avatars, what they're from, who they are (maybe of the person posting?), and why you've chosen the particular avatar. Cause, since it represents the person posting, it must mean something to you! (even if you just picked it 'cause you thought it was a cool picture)

Since I started, I'll start. (riiight....)

My avatar is ME! Yup, that's really me. That pic was taken over at Six Flags Over Georgia Theme Park.

I picked this picture 'cause it's me looking cool and not as crazy as I look in some of my other pictures. It's a few years old, but I still look pretty much the same. (I think I was 18 in that pic. I'm 20 now.) Yup, cool and handsome as ever. lol

Because it's a picture of me, this picture represents me!

edit: I've changed my avatar since posting this.

well, my avvy's swap out alot because i like them all. my bat one as you see right now is bats flying infron of the moon. i love bats and i love the moon. my ringo avvy is just there because i like ringo starr. i cant remember what the rest of my avvy's are but they all pretty much mean the same thing...[because i like them] ;)

My avatar is from a Christian band called Five Iron Frenzy, who disbanded in December 2003. They're problem my favorite band, and the avvy's from the advertisements for their last album/concert. So, yea, ummmmmmmm, listen to FIF(though that last 'F' should be facing backwards).

oh, also feel free to explain why you chose your user name (and how to pronounce it if it's not a common word). There are some very interesting usernames out there, and sometimes I wonder where they come from.

My name "Dragon" is based on the main character (of that name) of a science fiction series I'm writing. The stories total up to over 400 page so far, and I'm hoping to get them published some time. hope - hope - hope!

Well, my avvie's a generic-brand, got-it-here goldfish. Mostly just because since my name's Y. Fish, I thought I should have a fish. And my name's Y. Fish because when I was really little, I had a problem with chewing on toys. So I was chewing on this little plastic yellow fish one day while I was playing the computer game DX Ball. And I got a high score, and it asked me for my name. I wanted to be cool and not put my normal, boring name, so I spat out the fish, looked at it, and that's where I got the name idea from. I've still got the fish. I keep meaning to take a picture of it and make that my avatar, or use a picture of the Whark or Fish from Riven. I had a squee for a while, as well, but then I went back to the fish.

Well my avvie was the only CoN picture I could come up with at the moment, so that's why it is like it is. I'm thinking of making a new one sometime. On the www.arwen-undomiel.com forums, this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Bet...lds/1050967.gif is my avvie, because it's so pretty and I love the song. On www.warofthering.net, my avvie is the Prancing Pony sign (because that's my status). On a MYST site that I came across, my avvie is the MYST linking book lying surrounded by black (Fishy will know what I'm talking about). I think that's all of them although I do make some.

I just changed my avatar from Shadowfax to Arwen. I typically use Arwen avatars on the forums that I post on. I know this one is hard to see, but it is Arwen and Asfaloth.

OK, it's been a month, so I'm tired of that avatar I had. This is a somewhat more recent picture of me. It's not really a special picture, just a pic I took of myself. I'll probably change it again before too long.

I searched for pics of Specters (ghosts) and found this one. I thought it looked kinda neat.

I've been using my faithful batman avatar forever now. He's my favorite hero, and i haven't really spent more than a second looking for a better one. Maybe when Begins gets closer I'll make one from that...

Mine is part of the final gun fight in Equilibrium. A great movie.

Though I am thinking of changing it to my Normal Evil Monkey Self ;)

You know what's weird? I've never seen any of you, so I picture you all looking like your avatars. Skiner's Batman, Specter's a ghost, Dragon's himself, Monkeh's a guy with a gun, Fae's a fairy, and Aragorn is a weird old man looking at a golf club.

This is all so very fascinating! B) :lol: :rolleyes:
Um, I think it's obvious why I chose my avvy.
Lunis (pronounced loonis, long U short I)means moon.
I didn't choose a full moon because I didn't want to go giving the
werewolves who visit this site (like Specter) any excuse for transforming. ;)

As for why I chose my user name, read my post in the introduction thread:

http://www.narniafans.com/forums/index.php...t=90&#entry5270

( * Lunis

Originally posted by Y. Fish@Aug 9 2004, 09:45 AM
You know what's weird? I've never seen any of you, so I picture you all looking like your avatars. Skiner's Batman, Specter's a ghost, Dragon's himself, Monkeh's a guy with a gun, Fae's a fairy, and Aragorn is a weird old man looking at a golf club.
yeah i picture you all as ur avvis look [except the ones who have sent me pic.s of them selfs] fishy, i hope you dont think i look like a bat...because...well...i dont.

i have a picture of me online but it doesnt want to post...if you want to see it then give me a email or i.m. or p.m....anything works. or if lunis or fae or leafy want to post that pic of me you can

for some reason i can imagion you emma looking a bit like a fish also :lol:

Ok, no need for a new thread for signatures. So i have a question for jillthevaliant..

I'm curious who that dude is on your signature. I reconize the one on the right to be Orlando Bloom. But who's the one on the left? I also see you like Hoob... good band. You might reconize this then:

Thats why I need you to know. I found a reason for me, to ask all about your sig. A reason to know who that guys is. And the reason is yooooou!!! LOL

I recognise that guy to the left. He's that actor from that show One Tree Hill, who also played a jerk on Gilmore Girls for a while. Many girls seem to think he's hot, but I don't see why.

And while we're asking about sigs, what does "temet nosce" mean?

i changed my Avatar to a picture of myself. Yes, that's what I look like.

My avvie is Dominic Monaghan because I think he's a brilliant actor and yes he's v. cute. my Username is NiennaTinuviel which are two names from the Silmarillion. Nienna was the valar of sorrow and Tinuviel was the name Beren gave to Luthien and it means twilight. I just liked the way they both looked together so I've been using NiennaTinuviel as my SN and Username pretty much everywhere...hehe.

Back