Forum Issues

for most of the day I've been getting a sever's busy message. just in case you haven't noticed yet.
That's why this thread was started. The busy server messages used to come up almost all day, but things are much better now. Today was the first time in a while that I couldn't get on for an extended period of time.

I got an error when I posted my first topic in the Fanfiction forum, but I just copied my post just in case and went to the forum and saw that it had posted just fine.

Of course right now I cannot reply to my own thread for whatever reason even though I can reply to other threads in that forum. *sigh*

I got an error when I posted my first topic in the Fanfiction forum, but I just copied my post just in case and went to the forum and saw that it had posted just fine.

Of course right now I cannot reply to my own thread for whatever reason even though I can reply to other threads in that forum. *sigh*

I believe someone has to post in it before you can post again, after that you may double post... at least I think that's how it goes. You can always read up on Holyboy's introduction to the lawn which explains everything.

There are 3 replies in my thread already, but whatever, I read somewhere that once I get 40 posts I'll be a "member" instead of "fresh bread". We'll see. Thanks!

EDIT: Well now I am junior member, I guess for reaching 25 posts and now I can post new topics and reply to my own. Yay.

Last edited:
We had a crash or something for the last 20 minutes or so. for a while I couldn't get the homepage, and they when I finally got back into the forums the server was busy for quite a while. I hope everythings ok.

Haven been trying to access the forums since 9:00 am est and kept getting a registry error and then I was finally able to access the forums but got the Sever busy message. Hope everything is all right...

Accessing "The Dancing Lawn".

(I am not sure if I've put this in the correct place. If not, feel free top move it).

Is it just me, or has anyone else had difficulty accessing TDL recently? On quite a number of occasions I have been unable to log onto TDL: at such times I just get a message which reads, "The server is busy at present. Please try later." (or words to that effect).

Me too. This usually happens when the site software is undergoing some turnover. Probably, our seldom-seen benefactor Spectre is currently engaged in a struggle to preserve the very existence of The Dancing Lawn.

I emailed Spectre (which was hard to do with the server down) once about the problem after not being able to access the Forum for a day. He says he adjusts the server from time to time to block over use. I guess we have a habit of camping out here all day socializing. We need one of that big servers like a certain female politician has.

Last edited:
On the laptop I've had to use for the last many months when I last tried to log on to the forum it refused to let me in. Partly the reason for my vanishing for months. Suppose that might be quite a different problem than this. Some silly Internet Explorer fault...

I wasn't able to get on to the Dancing Lawn all week til today. I had to email the management about it. Looks like they did something about it. Hope everyone, including the forum management, have a Happy Thanksgiving Day, we still love you.:D

I feel ya, Timmy, Corin, Sir Cabbage and Copperfox.
It's nice to know it wasn't just me. I was beginning to think it was like a certain Wardrobe that would let you into Narnia on certain days, but not on others. Thank you Spectre, for preserving the Door... !

I've had the same trouble. I emailed Copperfox to see if he could help.....I'm not sure if he received my emails though. It seems he has been having the same trouble!

yeach i haven't been able to come here either :(

yeach i haven't been able to come on here either :( i'm glad to see that i wasn't the only one having trouble :( i'm glad to see that TDL is back up, but i can tell you this, the devil hates TDL & he's makeing a fuss :( the only way to fight against the spritiual warfare on TDL is prayer :)

Finally managed to make it on again for the first time in over a week (yesterday I got on to view this thread, but got locked out again when I tried to reply). The last few weeks I've been able to get on about once a week. Hope the problem can be fixed soon.

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Back