Mirror Mirror.

Narnia_bookworm

Mirror Mirror is such a delightful fantasy and family film. It is such a wonderful take on the tale of Snow White. I loved every minute of it. It had the right amount of family-film elements, fantasy,action and humor to go along with it. The story is about where Snow White is going to be crowned ruler once her father steps down. His wife dies, and he marries another woman who ends up being the evil queen. Snow White isn't allowed to leave her room, and she does so because she wants to see the world outside. I don't want to say much more here, but there was a surprising and happy ending.

Lily Collins did such a brilliant job as Snow White, and it felt like a true fairy tale. She truly is a beauty and talented. I think this version will be the better of the two adaptations of Snow White, because it had some of the feelings and elements of Snow White, but with little twists on it. Whereas the Kristen Stewart version looks like its going to be the same as the newer version of Alice in Wonderland. Don't get me wrong, the new version of AIW was fantastic. But I just don't see Kristen Stewart as Snow White. The ending sequence when the credits were rolling was so cool. It made me move in my sit and felt like dancing lol. It had a Bollywood-ish feel to it. I give it five Snow White heads.

I've not seen it yet, but the first trailer was horrid. Looking forward to 'Snow White and the Huntsman'. You said '2 version of Snow White' which 2 are you referring to? their are at least 10 adaptations of the fairy Tale in the last century alone.

Well it wasn't horrid IMO. I loved it. I was referring to Mirror Mirror and SWATH. The Kristen Stewart one looks good, but I don't think it will be better than Mirror Mirror. I know some people will flock to other because of Kristen alone, and the success of the Twilight Saga.

I hate Snow White, and always have since the 1937 Disney animated version. Not going near any other version if I can help it. The closest I'll come to watching a Snow White movie is Enchanted, as it spoofs some elements of the original Disney version.

Snow White's not bad. I love the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. I know the Disney Cartoon version wasn't the best, but this one is fantastic! The one with Kristen Stewart looks good too. Mirror Mirror might be the better of the two, but we will see. I know I will enjoy Snow White and the Huntsmen too.

I don't like people hating on Mirror Mirror because it 'looks silly'. It's marketed as a CHILDREN'S FILM. Heaven forbid children's films be silly! Just because it's been a recent trend to darken some of our childhood fairy stories doesn't mean they aren't still childhood fairy stories. *strangled growl noise*

Anyways, I was never fond of Snow White either. My favorite version is the one they're pulling in the show Once Upon A Time, not because it's darker, because really, it's not. But because it gives a lot more insight into why the Queen hates Snow, how Snow and her Prince fall in love and her relationship with the dwarfs she lives with. It's very well fleshed out.

Mirror Mirror looked funny though. Did it get good reviews?

I don't like people hating on Mirror Mirror because it 'looks silly'. It's marketed as a CHILDREN'S FILM. Heaven forbid children's films be silly! Just because it's been a recent trend to darken some of our childhood fairy stories doesn't mean they aren't still childhood fairy stories. *strangled growl noise*

Anyways, I was never fond of Snow White either. My favorite version is the one they're pulling in the show Once Upon A Time, not because it's darker, because really, it's not. But because it gives a lot more insight into why the Queen hates Snow, how Snow and her Prince fall in love and her relationship with the dwarfs she lives with. It's very well fleshed out.

Mirror Mirror looked funny though. Did it get good reviews?

I'm glad you said that. I agree with you. Because Mirror Mirror wasn't silly at all. It had the elements of how the tale of Snow White really was. Lily Collins was brilliant as Snow White. And she looks like her way more than Kristen Stewart does. Its good to keep the fairy tales as they are, and not have them be changed. They did a little for Mirror Mirror. But like I said before it still had the feeling and faithfulness to the story. It was highly enjoyable, and I loved every minute of it. Mirror Mirror is another movie I can't wait for to come out on dvd. I don't know if it got good reviews, because I don't read reviews, because I go into a movie or reading a book with my own thoughts and opinions, and not something that I read.

Snow White's not bad. I love the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. I know the Disney Cartoon version wasn't the best, but this one is fantastic! The one with Kristen Stewart looks good too. Mirror Mirror might be the better of the two, but we will see. I know I will enjoy Snow White and the Huntsmen too.
I absolutely loathed the Grimm's tale, You'd think that after the first attempt on her life she'd pay more mind on who she let in. I actually think the Disney film improved on this, because it seemed liked just 1 mistake, not the 3rd. Ironically, the relationship between Mother and Child, which the Disney film practically ignores, Is still fascinating to me, as is the symbolism----but I love undertones and Symbolism in Fairy Tales anyway.

I don't hate on the movie because it's a kid's movie; I don't care for princess-esque films, the exceptions being the Disney animated Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I'm fairly notorious for hating all Disney princess films. :rolleyes:

I didn't think you were. But I know lots people outside the forum who wrote it off for being to silly and how Snow White and the Huntsman was going to be way better. *les shrug*

As a general rule if I'm hating on a kind of behavior it's behavior I've seen outside the forum and I am never referring to anyone here.

Flat out I think Mirror Mirror looks insanely stupid and little kidish.. It got good reviews though. I'll take their word for it xD

I'm more excited for "Snow White and the Huntsman" even though that doesn't look that great either.

I like the movie. It was cute, non-offensive, and was a very interesting, somewhat unpredictable, take on the story. It was very original. :)

I like the movie. It was cute, non-offensive, and was a very interesting, somewhat unpredictable, take on the story. It was very original. :)
I'm not sure that I want to see it, but after hearing about how clean it was, I'm reconsidering, since my mom thinks she wants to see it once it comes out on DVD. Hearing that you liked is another few points in its favor as well. ;)

One thing I think is neat is how magic is portrayed to be bad, and is only used by the evil queen. Even apart from my personal beliefs, that's downright original in comparison to most fairy tale movies! :D

It was so much fun. And Lily Collins made Snow White come to life. She was superb! The movie was fun, funny, family friendly, and had a wonderful upbeat dance at the end. I'm curious about Snow White and The Huntsmen too. But I think Mirror Mirror will defintely be the better adaptation.

Back