The Hunger Games: Books/Movies

The Hunger Games is number one for the third week in a roll. That is so awesome. It shows how many of us fans there are of this brilliant series, and that they did such a terrific job at adapting the first book into a movie.

According to one user commenting on Yahoo about how much 'Games' has made so far (it's crossed the $300 million mark in the U.S.), "I don't see why 'Games' is making so much money. I saw it, and left within the first 20 minutes of it starting. It's making far more than it's worthy of!" (paraphrased). To which I had to reply, "Well, you contributed at least $8 to its monetary success; the joke is on you, pal." :rolleyes:

Don't you hate ignorance? I mean really; griping about a movie making money, but failing to remember that you paid at least $8 to see it in the first place! And we won't even mention all those Twilight fans who bought tickets to 'Games' just to see the Twilight: BD part 2 trailer. I've wasted money before, but puhlease. If I buy a movie ticket, I'm not going to leave before it even starts!

'Catching Fire' might start shooting in August. Gary Ross is in talks with Lionsgate to return as director, but he's iffy since they only have about 4 months to write a working script. They'd have to start shooting in August because of Jennifer Lawrence's previous contract agreement with Fox to shoot X-Men: First Class (didn't they already have this movie?!)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hunger-games-director-gary-ross-resumes-sequel-talks-054118155.html

Should Ross return as director? If you had to pick another director for the series, who would it be?

That's the main reason they want to shoot in August, so that her work can be done before X-Men begins shooting. If they don't shoot in August, she'll no doubt return (I think Hutcherson, Lawrence, and Hemsworth have already been confirmed for 'Catching Fire'), but 'Catching Fire' would release later than it would if they shot this year.

I am sure it will work out, because it would be odd not having the same Katniss. I can't wait for the Catching Fire movie. I hope they do a faithful adaptation as they did with The Hunger Games. I'm the others are returning, because I thought they did a fantastic job as Peeta and Gale.

Sooo, I think my sister is an official fan now. I lent her the book on Sunday, and apparently she only started it last night...and yet finished it at 2:45 this morning. :D I'm hoping this will make her want to see the movie sooner and I can see it again!

Well, latest update on the director fiasco: Gary Ross will NOT be returning to film, since he believes it would be impossible for him to, basically, have a decent script written in time to shoot in August. I sincerely hope that, because of his leaving, this will force Lionsgate to delay shooting of 'Catching Fire' until they can find another director.

My reason for wanting a delayed release date for 'Catching Fire' is that if they try to rush this movie, it will be bad. I haven't yet read the other two books, but I want the next three films done right, and adapted well. I do NOT want a repeat of films like Love Comes Softly or, heaven forbid, Dawn Treader which didn't even have the fortune to have decent acting.

Well, latest update on the director fiasco: Gary Ross will NOT be returning to film, since he believes it would be impossible for him to, basically, have a decent script written in time to shoot in August. I sincerely hope that, because of his leaving, this will force Lionsgate to delay shooting of 'Catching Fire' until they can find another director.

My reason for wanting a delayed release date for 'Catching Fire' is that if they try to rush this movie, it will be bad. I haven't yet read the other two books, but I want the next three films done right, and adapted well. I do NOT want a repeat of films like Love Comes Softly or, heaven forbid, Dawn Treader which didn't even have the fortune to have decent acting.

So do I! It wouldn't be good if they rushed it, because it has to take awhile to let it be filmed, and come across perfectly on screen. The other books are fantastic, and a lot more happens in them that it keeps you wanting to never stop reading them.

I watched the movie finally the other day. I enjoyed it, despite it missing a few details I think they should have included. Even so, I think it was good.

However, my sister and I get car sick and the constant shaking of the film made both of us sick. I am hopeful that when it comes out on DVD, the effect won't be as strong.

I watched the movie finally the other day. I enjoyed it, despite it missing a few details I think they should have included. Even so, I think it was good.

However, my sister and I get car sick and the constant shaking of the film made both of us sick. I am hopeful that when it comes out on DVD, the effect won't be as strong.

Doubtful. The shaking of the camera was an intentional effect by the filmmakers to not only emphasize first person views, but also to avoid the bloody violence on screen. It's an effect used to some degree in other movies to avoid showing all the violence.

Yeah, I know, but if the TV isn't taking up all of our visual stimulus (if we have background objects to look at and confirm our stability), hopefully it won't cause the same reaction.

The Hunger Games is number 1 again!:D That's four weeks in a row. I'm so happy! It beat out The Three Stooges movie. Which looks horrible to me. Cabin In The Woods looks good. I want to see that also. I guess some can tolerate certain things in films better than others. I never got that feeling when I was watching The Hunger Games. Its just like with Breaking Dawn Part 1 when people were having seizures during the Bella birth scene. I could see how someone could have those feelings. It happened with the Blair Witch Project too! I never saw that in the theater, but if I did I would probably have a feeling of unease watching the camera jerk around a lot.

A director has been chosen to helm "Catching Fire". It's announced that Francis Lawrence will be directing the second movie in the trilogy. He directed Water for Elephants and I Am Legend. We will see how well of a job he will do. I remember I Am Legend having a lot of action, and being science-fictiony. So he might do a good job.

I personally don't care about the director...as long as they can faithfully adapt the material. I'm afraid that now, since I've read the first book and will hopefully be reading the sequel, any changes that aren't necessary will make me unhappy. I really don't want a repeat of Dawn Treader: a trap that anybody might get sucked into.

I personally don't care about the director...as long as they can faithfully adapt the material. I'm afraid that now, since I've read the first book and will hopefully be reading the sequel, any changes that aren't necessary will make me unhappy. I really don't want a repeat of Dawn Treader: a trap that anybody might get sucked into.

I don't either. But as there are a lot of action scenes in the book, he might do ok with it. I hope the script is written well, and they don't stray away from the plot or feeling of the book at all. We will see. I have The Host and Breaking Dawn Part 2, and other books to hold me over until that glorious day of when the film comes out happens. I also could re-read the books again before it does.

A director has been chosen to helm "Catching Fire". It's announced that Francis Lawrence will be directing the second movie in the trilogy. He directed Water for Elephants and I Am Legend. We will see how well of a job he will do. I remember I Am Legend having a lot of action, and being science-fictiony. So he might do a good job.

You want to know what my first thought was when I read this? "Hmmm.. I wonder if Francis Lawrence is in any way related to Jennifer Lawrence?"

I am gonna go find out!

Back