main page issues

MrBob

On the main page, the menu of links such as form, books, fan-section, used to have a background of its own, but now they are lost in the background and sometimes in the ad.

I use IE 8 as my browser.

MrBob

Are you talking about the main Narniafans page?

EDIT: I can see they don't have a background but I can see them. The color needs to be a little darker but I can still see them. And they don't get lost in the adds for me. I used both Firefox and Chrome. I haven't used IE since forever!

Last edited:
I haven't designed for IE in a long time. I usually focus on Firefox and Chrome. I'll let you in on a little secret: I've been working on a new design for the website over the last year. (Makes it sound amazing, but I've only got it in Photoshop so far, until I finish something that I'm happy with.

It cleans up the interface, should be faster loading, and gives everything more room to breath. I've attached a preview of it right now, but there's still a LOT of work to go, and I have more ideas for it on paper.

Attachments

• 2011-960f.jpg
    2011-960f.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 318
I haven't designed for IE in a long time. I usually focus on Firefox and Chrome. I'll let you in on a little secret: I've been working on a new design for the website over the last year. (Makes it sound amazing, but I've only got it in Photoshop so far, until I finish something that I'm happy with.

It cleans up the interface, should be faster loading, and gives everything more room to breath. I've attached a preview of it right now, but there's still a LOT of work to go, and I have more ideas for it on paper.
Looks nice! though a bit too white for my tastes. Maybe I'm too use to the current one :p
But it does look much better, and less cluttered than the current one :D

Looks nice! though a bit too white for my tastes. Maybe I'm too use to the current one :p
But it does look much better, and less cluttered than the current one :D

Thanks. Yeah... that's why it's still a work in progress. I think the white areas are only going to be for the main story content. The rest of the surroundings will be for all of the colorful stuff. I'm looking at making things simpler still. I've also got some cool plans for the menu options when they drop down.

Interesting Specter. I'm glad I could be the impetus for you previewing the new format. By the way, the same thing happens with Firefox. The only reason I said anything is that there used to be a band of green background that covered it before.

Is there any timetable for the new main page, Specter?

MrBob

The one thing I've learned over the years is to give only a rough estimate for the release of something. Personally, I'm hoping to release it by the end of the month of October. I have a lot of projects going at the same time as each other, so it takes a lot longer for me.

Just so you know, I got an upgrade to IE 9 and everything is back where it belongs. The links are above the ads, up level with the Main title background.

MrBob

Back