Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
this is insanity.That's what I say.Spock was only interested in one woman,which was the stuck up girl that made him almost kill his best friend's life.Uhura was diiferant than that also.She liked to tease spock,not fall for him.Remember in charlie x?

Spock and Christine Chapel kissed in Plato's Stepchildren. ;) I'm still wondering if they'll bring her into the film at all...Majel Roddenberry deserves that much.

And I doubt Spock was really interested in the Vulcan female that eventually dumped him. I think it was something pre-arranged, per Vulcan tradition.

alrighty then.
That's what I was going to say.

And yes, I listen to the critics sometimes, and word of mouth, and reviews, and trailers and clips. All of that, taken together can give you a pretty good idea whether you want to see something or not. I don't have to go see EVERY movie to know that I don't (and won't) like some.

I listen to the critics sometimes too, but oftentimes, the films I'm looking at are those that are the crude, lude, really bad films. (Epic Movie, anyone?)

My dad said that he would take me to see it because my mom doesn't like Star trek (she's the only one in my immediate family, besides my grandparents, who isn't a Trekkie. ;) ) My dad's b-day is tomorrow, and I'm thinking of paying for the movie as his gift (because he is a Trekkie...original series only). I'm looking forward to it; even if it's not a good Trek movie, it looks like it will be a good film period. Anything's better than some of the previous Trek films. :rolleyes:

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! It looks awsome, epic, its getting great reviews(havent found a bad one).

Also the "Not your father's Star Trek" is a thing to get non Trekkies interested. Trekkies have a very geeky reptuatation, and that has set off a lot of people from Star Trek.

I have never liked the T.V. show, but this movie looks really good.

Btw, it says "Brief Sexual Content" so the scene cant be that long. Also, I think the filmakers want to add in some sort of romance because it tends to bring in more people to the theater. I could care less about it though.

I hate Plugged in Online with a passion!! Its like the guy walks into a movie just dying to hate it!!! Also when he goes into details, he makes some things seem really long and gratutious, that in reality just take up seconds of screentime.

I've missed a couple movies in theaters due to pluggedinonline, and whats really annoying is that when I see it on DVD and my dad goes "well that wasnt too bad" I go "WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!'

Last edited:
Spock and Christine Chapel kissed in Plato's Stepchildren. ;) I'm still wondering if they'll bring her into the film at all...Majel Roddenberry deserves that much.

And I doubt Spock was really interested in the Vulcan female that eventually dumped him. I think it was something pre-arranged, per Vulcan tradition.

Chapel should definitely come in somwhere. But I never liked her all that much in the series, I think she should drop Spock or only crush on him. I did NOT like those two together.

Well, I am a fan fictiony type person sometimes, and I don't expect this movie to be exactly like the series. I believe that the directors have even said

SPOILER!! ***That it will take place in an alternate reality created by time traveling messing up the space time continuum. ******Spoiler!!!

In that case I am not far to worried about changes being made as long as the characters aren't drastically changed. Personally I don't think that such a romance would be totally against either of the characters, especially during this period in their lives.

Yes, Spock's arranged marriage did not seem to involve any real feelings in particular. I imagine there is some way he could get out of it if he really wanted to since he put it off for years and years until he absolutely had to get married or die. (That putting it off for so long in itself makes me sure that it was a marriage of tradition and convenience with no real feelings (Such as Vulcans will let show) involved. I think that allows Spock more freedom for expressing feelings for someone else. Also, if you read the article it talks about a rather unfortunate event involving Spock's planet that could also free him up a lot. (I don't like that change with his home planet though! I love Vulcan...)

I don't like Chapel that much either, but for the sake of the late Majel Barrett-roddenberry, I think it would be a nice tribute to her if someone appeared as her character, even though Majel is the computer's voice.

^I respect your thoughts,but I rarely if ever disagree with them on content.:) I appreciate the fact that they're willing to sit through all that rubbish just to be able to find one or two decent films that families can watch. And I don't listen to whether they think its well made or anything.But if they says it has more than 2 profanities,I don't try it.More than one improper scene,I don't see it.Gory violence,I steer clear of it.I trust their judgement.

Besides,I don't want to waste my money supporting a film with bad content.

And besides,I can't afford to see any films in theatres (Prince Caspian was a real treat that I actually got to see it in a theatre),so I always borrow movies on DVD from the library.I'm kinda used to seeing all films 3 months after everybody else has seen them.:p

Oh, Amen Daydream! Often, PluggedIn is correct in their assesment of films. Me, I don't plan on reading the review for the new Star Trek...becasue, well I don't want to know. I don't foresee it being any worse than Nemesis.

You shouldn't hate the reviewers of PluggedIn; as DB said, they're willing to sit through that rubbish so that we don't have to.

I wish I had listened to their review of Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I will never see that movie again. I really regretted paying money to see it. PluggedIn is about the only "foundation" who give an honest opinion of the films they review, based not only on their own preferences, but on what the Bible says.

BTW, I love your banner; that pic of LIam is awesome. :D

violence doesn't bother me but when I saw that sex secene I REFUSED to even go near the movie. I was extremly disappointed just as I was about the partial nudity in the Transformers Movie.

If I were younger than 17, I doubt I would go see it right off. But, good grief, I've seen Nemesis several times, which does have a sex scene, and I can handle it.

I think after I see it, I'll post a review. ;) And who knows? I may end up hating it.

Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of Hollywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exaggerate it.

Numerous sci-fi writers (like Piers Anthony), when depicting any future form of military organization, insist that it's "healthier" for the soldiers/astronauts to have no restraints or limits on sexual activity except consent. The writers thereby only prove that either they never served in the real armed forces, or if serving, they never learned a thing about discipline and good order. The reason for setting limits on sex in the military, ESPECIALLY between leaders and their subordinates, is that sexual involvements can create actual or perceived favoritism, causing destructive resentments and rivalries among the personnel.

Just imagine the aftermath of a romantic liaison between Kirk and Uhura: a red-shirted woman being sent on a planetside mission grumbles, "Why doesn't Uhura have to go to this poisonous planet? It's because SHE'S the Captain's girlfriend!!"

I say this as someone who liked the character of Uhura, and would have LOVED to see her become Kirk's LASTING love interest IF NOT FOR the crew-favoritism issue.

Or that sexual freedom doesn't hold any consequences...wait a second, that's the world's view too.

I am hoping the language is minimal; it's not rated for it, so...hopefully no f words. But if there is one or two my rating will go down a notch. I'm just really curious as to how Leonard Nimoy's cameo as Spock fits in...all this hearsay about the movie is confusing.

A post I made in another thread got me thinking again about something: My son and I always laugh about the "security teams" in ANY Star Trek Series episodes. If they are the "security," why are they so inept? They always rush in with the tiny phasers and usually are first (and only) ones to die? In the end, the main characters always end up saving the day. So much for the security team.

In contrast, Enterprise had MACO (Military Assault Command Operations) troops that provided the security. Granted most of them were the first (and only) ones to die too, but at least they really looked like a security team. And they had plenty of firepower with them whenever they got into a scrap. In fact these guys were the only team who actually rescued the captain and other senior officers.

If I am ever in danger, don't send me a security team from Star Trek please... unless they are MACO.

Yes, my wife and I are going to see it on the opening weekend. Zachary Quinto, who also plays the villain, Syler, on the hit TV show "Heroes" looks like he will make a great younger Spock. I guess he is one of the main reasons I am going to see the film, but then I have been a Trek fan since it first aired on TV some 43 years ago.

Having been able to be lucky enough to see an early screening of Star Trek...I can just say it was fantastic and I'm taking quite a few friends to the midnight premiere!

I heard the Plugged-In movie review today -- he liked it and gave it 3/5 for family friendliness. He said there is some language and some violence. I can't wait to see it! Oh, really, I can wait, but I hope my husband will take me to see it over the weekend sometime.

Star Trek movie Review *WARNING: DO NOT READ; SPOILERS AHEAD*

**WARNING** IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED OR HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW FOR IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!

My dad and I got to see the new Star Trek movie today. And for what it's worth, if you're rating it based on 5 stars, it gets 5, or if on 10 stars, 10. Absolute excellent movie, definitely well worth your time and money. Maybe not great in the way of Trek content, but definitely an awesome movie.

I really expected it to be a little heavier than it was; but it was a mild PG-13, of which I'm glad. The sexual content that it was rated for really wasn't as bad as I was expecting, nor the language. All-in-all, one of the cleaner Trek movies (and that's surprising, because STar Trek III has some of the most language and it was made back in the 80s!)

About the actors: I fell in love with Bones the very minute he appeared on screen. If anyone nailed the performance, it was Karl Urban. Bones is my favorite character of Star Trek; so that character was important to me. I didn't need to worry because he was perfect. My dad made the comment that he looked and sounded almost exactly like Deforest Kelley. He was on top of all the others in performance and he deserves two thumbs up. ;)

Chris Pine was a good young Kirk. I say good because he just isn't William Shatner. I guess I'm spoiled on the original series and films starring Shatner, but he just isn't; in his defense though (Chris') he gave an awesome performance and also deserves two thumbs up for a job well done.

Zachary Quinto was also a good young Spock. The whole two Spocks thing confused me. I'm wondering why the timeline wasn't automatically reset with the destruction of Nero's ship, but Quinto gave a very convincing performance of a younger Spock who was in conflict and who was dealing with his human side.

For the rest of the cast, their performances were sub-par. Uhura was probably the better out of Chekov, Sulu, and Scotty. I don't know why, but the other threes' performances just didn't impress me. Chekov did NOT have that thick of a Russian accent. You could pretty much understand everything he was saying; this new guy, hardly a word.

But director\producer J.J. Abrams should be proud of this movie. He made a film that will\would appeal to an audience who maybe aren't Trek fans. He made it interesting without going overboard. He made the right choices (for Kirk, Bones, Spock, and Uhura) in casting decisions...and especially one in casting Nero. Eric Bana was awesome as the main baddie.

The violence was also less than I expected. I could have done without the whole bug-in-Captain-Pike's-Mouth thing, because that just was creepy, but the rest of it, amazing and well-done. I also loved how the original series' theme was incorporated into the credits at the end.

Go see it, even if you're not a Trek fan. You certainly won't regret it if you're an action\adventure kind of person!

Back