Votes: 24 66.7%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It wasn't good at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED it!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
The collateral if I remember were dragonshells, and the reason they were accepted was because of something said earlier (though I can't remember what EXACTLY but it was along the lines of "muggles believe this to be extremely valuable.")

Oooh, yes, that's right! I think the shells were real silver, which is why muggles would accept them.

I also am writing a Fanfic about Albus, Scorpius,(from The Crused Child) and three other people from diffrent house, (who are named Grant(Griffindor),Mallory(Ravenclaw), and Bella(Hufflepuff),who is also Luna's daughter,) and they all go against these left over death eaters. It sounds really awsome, But I can't think of what to name it, Any sugestions?

Another sad loss in the Harry Potter world. Verne Troyer, who played Griphook (though not his voice-that was Warwick Davis), died today at the age of 49. While no cause of death was given, he was known to have an alcohol addiction and had been to rehab for that.

MrBob

I agree. I missed the complexity of the book, but that level of complexity wouldn't have worked well in a movie.

Aren't they making a new TV mini series or Netflix movie or something of HP? I thought I heard about that ...

Funny you should mention "well." The hypertension which ensued on the sudden death of my second wife has never left me, and compels me to avoid caffeine (good thing I never was fond of coffee). Several years ago, the blood pressure broke a capillary inside my right eye, causing some vision impairment on that side. But by Aslan's mercy, I remain able to fight the hypertension with exercise (besides Metoprolol, Amlodipine and Escitalopram). The Covid vaccine made me so sick that I lost about eight pounds-- which has BECOME a good thing, thanks to my then being successful in KEEPING the weight down.

I miss Life Maiden. I miss her as I remember her.

Oh my, I am sorry for your loss. Life Maiden, I remember her as well -- from here, in the Forum, but not IRL. Forgive me if I am not following your post correctly, was she the second wife of whom you speak, and who died suddenly? It's been years since I was here! I missed so much and may just be mis-connecting what you said above.

Also I am sorry for your health troubles. My husband takes Amlodipine for high blood pressure as well, but he seems to have no problems symptoms such as you are describing. Vision impairment would be extremely difficult! I'm glad you are managing, and glad you got your vaccination. So many Christian friends have been obstinate about it.

I was never married to Life Maiden; I never even met her in person. My second wife, the one who was taken by heart failure, was named Janalee, and was not active on TDL.

My blood pressure problem began with the death of a loved one, and keeps being worsened by the sufferings of people I care about. For instance, my disabled friend Theresa (never a TDL member), who has vision problems AND heart trouble AND ulcers AND memory problems AND a hernia AND a crippled arm AND a fractured hand.

Last edited:
Reading about it, it seems like there are just rumors of a HP TV series. Back in 2015, Rowling dismissed the idea of a TV series by tweeting "Right after the opera, Potter-on-ice and the interpretative dance version of Beedle the Bard" I doubt there will be a Harry Potter reboot of the book series for a long time. The actors are still synonymous with how they look to the audiences. Imagine having to change The Wizarding World of Harry Potter imagery and actors.

MrBob

I can't remember where I read about the possibility of the TV show, either; I don't know how everyone here feels about JKR's stance against trans rights, but I know in her fandom in general it left a bad taste in many folks' mouth, and they're against doing anything that enriches her, even though they continue to love the Potterverse in general. That is kind of how I feel, as well.

Did anyone listen to "Harry Potter and the Sacred Text" podcast, where they read through the HP books as if they are a sacred text and discuss? It's really good. They did one whole read-through with the 2 original hosts, and how they've started over with a new co-host. I love it because it helps bring new meaning to the stories I know so well.

I do not care. I think you need to separate the artist from the art. It does not permeate through in the content itself, so that is about all we need.

As far as this podcast, it sounds exactly like the type of thing I love to do. I love dissecting the content I am interested in, but I have not finished Sorcerer's Stone yet.

Back