The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

Hey, there is a Lord of the Rings Fans Celebration in Pasadena on Jan 20-22. Check out oneringcelebration.com. I want to go, but it's a bit expensive. Fans of LOTR are seriously passionate about it.

This kinda reminds me of the movie Galaxyquest =)

I know, many of the official fanclub are going. And there is also a celebration in August. Elf. And there will also come lots of Lotr actors.
I wish I could go and meet Billy Boyd and Elijah Wood. But they say Elijah is going to the german convention too this year. And that is not far away from where I live.

I am a member of the LOTR site and there they have different forums just like here and one is called bag End and there you can post all the upcoming activities related to LOTR and the people post links where you can find the information.

I must admit, I only have seen the movies, I have read The Hobbit. What do you know about The Mabinogion, which Tolkien used as inspiration? :)

Last edited:
LOTR Fan!!!!

I have read the books and the Hobbit. And I have seen the first two movies a gazillion times, :) but I don't have the third. I was wondering does anybody know where I can get a book in the elvish language. I looked on Amazon but they were like $30 or something. Just wondering :confused:

Rohan Princess said:
I was wondering does anybody know where I can get a book in the elvish language. I looked on Amazon but they were like $30 or something. Just wondering :confused:

They're a great website that teaches Elvish (http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/qcourse.htm) I think it's for Quenya only.
As for books of Elvish I once found an Elvish phrase book at Walden's Books. But it was quite pricey and it was also pretty small. It didn't really seem worth my money for something I had found for free online.

The LOTR is my life and I am completely crazy about it. I have read the books first and last year I finished the Silmarillion which is so tough and so beautiful. The story of Luthien and beren and Feanor, all those parts are incredible. I have seen each movie several times and I have a huge collection of LOTR stuff.

yea! that site that kitanna suggested is the bomb! really neat... umm.. book? try 'the languages of middle earth' by ruth s. noel... its pretty good... i got mine from amazon ... was only lke 7$...

PrinceOfTheWest said:
How did you like the story of Turin? Dark stuff, eh?
That was a very sad and dark story. What happened to him was unbelievable. He should never have listened to that evil creature. But what about the story of Fëanor? Creating those Silmarillen and then put a kind of spell on himself and his family. Maybe it wasn't the best thing he did, still it was very important.

Back