Canada

I myself am from Newfoundland, Canada. or the "rock" as we call it :D Newfoundlands BEAUTIFUL and a really nice place to live. But sometimes people think we live in igloos or in straw huts. We have modern day homes and computers and cell phones, I have one myself but its currently broken :eek: Anyway.......... so it is like other places exept very scenic in the outport communities which I myself live in one, it oftens reminds me of Narnia when me and my friends have fires on the beach or explore the woods.

I myself am from Newfoundland, Canada. or the "rock" as we call it :D Newfoundlands BEAUTIFUL and a really nice place to live. But sometimes people think we live in igloos or in straw huts. We have modern day homes and computers and cell phones, I have one myself but its currently broken :eek: Anyway.......... so it is like other places exept very scenic in the outport communities which I myself live in one, it oftens reminds me of Narnia when me and my friends have fires on the beach or explore the woods.

Omg, you're kidding. People actually think you live in igloos or straw huts!?!? :eek: Lol. Don't worry, I know you guys don't. I have a friend who moved here from Newfoundland.

I know that Newfoundland has its own distinct accent, but I heard that this accent is dying out, and is only used in the rural areas. Is this true, or should I stop watching late-night CBC documentaries?

I know that Newfoundland has its own distinct accent, but I heard that this accent is dying out, and is only used in the rural areas. Is this true, or should I stop watching late-night CBC documentaries?

Well, alot of people in St.Johns do not speak like we used to. In the downtown parts they do, and everyone in the outport comunites still have the pure accent, well diferent in every community.

And to Aurora:
Thanks :D Alot of people consider us to be stupid and dumb and think we live with the seals. Myself and my friends laugh about it alot because it is so stupid to think that.

Well, alot of people in St.Johns do not speak like we used to. In the downtown parts they do, and everyone in the outport comunites still have the pure accent, well diferent in every community.

And to Aurora:
Thanks :D Alot of people consider us to be stupid and dumb and think we live with the seals. Myself and my friends laugh about it alot because it is so stupid to think that.

LOL! It just goes to show how dumb some people are. -.-'

I'm from Canada :D
I live in British Columbia. However I've never been to any other provinces :(
I know, sad right LOL :p.

However I would love to actually live in P.E.I. or Nova Scotia, :D

I don't live in Canada, but we only live 3 hours away from the border(It used to be only 2, but then we moved.) We go to Winnipeg, Manitoba a lot. :)

Back