My new favorite hobby!

So, I am really into this whole picture editing/graphics thing right now! I only have my paint program to work with, but I wanted to share with you guys! I will be doing funny ones, serious ones, and maybe some that don't really make sense! LOL! Enjoy this first one! It goes both ways: funny OR serious!

Attachments

• my god and king.jpg
    my god and king.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 275
Thanks so much for telling me about this! I would like to give you my review of you graphic though (including the good stuff ;))

The picture is GREAT first of all! It looks REALLY clear!

The words match the look on his face pretty much perfectly!

As for the Text: 1) When using a text, try to match it to the color of the graphic. The way you can REALLY master it is by trying to keep on the same color scale as the picture, but still being able to see the text. (For example, red would compliment the red on his shield and suit PERFECTLY, and it would be really readable)

2) Make sure you position it nicely. See how the D is on Peter's face? Well if you move it a tad to the left, then it will be off his face, but will still fit on the graphic. and Lastly, make sure you put it somewhere on the page where it fits comfortably and is perfectly readable! (Don't be afraid to mess with the text size)

Overall, for your first official graphic, you did an AMAZING job! Can't wait to see more! ;)

Thanks! I thought about red first actually. But I wanted a bold blue for some reason. As for the words, I didn't want to put them too far to the left because the color of the brick kinda faded out the letters! Thanks Patrick!

Thanks! I thought about red first actually. But I wanted a bold blue for some reason. As for the words, I didn't want to put them too far to the left because the color of the brick kinda faded out the letters! Thanks Patrick!

I see, just make sure when you have two ideas, and you aren't perfectly happy with the first, then try the second, JUST to see if its better or not. :D
Good job though ;)

Those are really good, great work!

I use GIMP, I recommend it, it's free.

These are great, I can't wait to see more. :D

Here is a funny one! Let me know what you think about this stuff!

WOW! Very nice! :D I LOVE the quote, and once again the picture is REALLY sweet! The font is also amazing!

One complaint would be that the colors are a tad to playful for the picture itself (The picture has duller colors) overall great job!

Thanks amdd97!!!
Hereis the last one for the night! I wanted it to look different, but I think it still came out okay! I used a really cool picture I found on the internet! Enjoy!

Attachments

• storms admire.jpg
    storms admire.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 179
Okay, I don't really care about the whole love triangle deal in the hunger games. Yeah, it's cool, but it's not the main idea. But here is a little something for you guys anyway!!

Attachments

• peeta gale.jpg
    peeta gale.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 214
Another graphic maker!! wooooot!

For starters these are cool graphics! Keep practicing and you'll get better.

My advice is to experiment a lot and make as many changes as needed until you are satisfied with the result. Also, use a great graphics program with lots of features. Annemarie recommended Gimp, which is an excellent free alternative to Photoshop, the expensive one. Gimp has almost all the features of Photoshop and there are tons of tutorials and videos on how to use it all over the web.

Great job Achlee. I'll be checking your thread from time to time.

PS. Your little brother is adorable. I love him! :D

Okay, I don't really care about the whole love triangle deal in the hunger games. Yeah, it's cool, but it's not the main idea. But here is a little something for you guys anyway!!

VERY nice! You've done something I still can't figure out! I can never coordinate multiple pictures on ONE graphic! I give you a TON of credit for that!

One complaint is that once again, the colors are a tad to playful for the seriousness of the graphic...

Altogether

8-10!

VERY nice! You've done something I still can't figure out! I can never coordinate multiple pictures on ONE graphic! I give you a TON of credit for that!

One complaint is that once again, the colors are a tad to playful for the seriousness of the graphic...

Altogether

8-10!

Doing multiple pics isn't really hard in paint. First you open an image, then resize it and put it where you want. Then you paste in the others, resizing and placing appropriately! Then you can color in the background and add text! Thanks patrick for the words of encouragement!
Does anyone have any suggestions or things they would like to see??

I am number four

Okay, so any of you who watched I Am Number Four, or have read the books, will understand this one. If you haven't seen the movie or read the books, I think you still might get it! Let me know what you all think of this one! And if you would like to see me attempt something, leave a comment with a suggestion! Thanks for stopping by and looking!

Attachments

• i am number four.jpg
    i am number four.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 42
I don't know about that Number 4 thing but you did a good job with the montage. It looks good and I do get it still.

The Avatar with your name looks great! I like it.

I can see that you like to do color contrast since you seem to use blue lettering on a different color palette. I think it's great but maybe you'll like to try using colors in the same palette. For example, try to do your avatar with only warm colors (reds, yellows, oranges) as opposed to contrasting a cool color (blue ish). See how that goes. Using like colors keeps the harmony of the composition and is pleasing to the eye. Try it next time.

I'm so glad you decided to jump into the graphics universe! ;) Isn't it fun? Your work so far is great. I like your composition on your multi-photo ones (especially the Hunger Games one - the arrangement of the images and the text is REALLY good).

I started in Paint as well. It's really not meant for elaborate graphics, but it's a good starting point because it lets you get used to setting up your work and nailing down a good composition without anything else getting in the way. But once you get really comfortable with the basics, I would definitely recommend getting GIMP (if you're allowed to download it, that is). It's free and has most of the features that Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro have. Even if you don't want to try out the coloring and textures right away, it's good to have the option to play around with layers. Otherwise, you don't have a lot of flexibility - it's harder to change things around.

But you are doing really well so far. I'm excited to see more!

Rarely do I have any disagreements with my buddy Barbarian King; but I happen to like letting warm colors be balanced by cool ones.

Your name-graphic makes an eye-catching impression. The Hunger Games graphic is not exactly a message, simply an illustration; as such, it speaks for itself, not requiring any particular comment. For the rest, all of your captions are very well suited to their images.

Thanks so much you guys! I would have downloaded GIMP already to play with it, but I am not sure i is made to run on Windows 7. That's what I have. But, Paintshop Pro was mentioned. I have that, does it do the same as Photoshop and Gimp. Mine is Paintshop Photo Pro X3. I would love to know! As for colors from the same family, I will use them sometimes. But I really enjoy doing contrast. I think it brings out the colors more and makes them bolder. I will be working on new graphics later, but I have to get school done and work some today! Thanks again for the encouragement, and if anyone can answer my question... Thanks!

Back