The Horse And His Boy: Not So Necessary?

Should they film Horse and His Boy?

• No! I hated that story!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Horse and his what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morowen

does anyone of you think the movie-making of "the horse and hes boy" will be totaly nessesary?

discuss.

A lot of people have said it won't be. And yeah, it really is like a "bonus" story in the series. It doesn't add to the longer storyline. But that one's my favorite! I hope they make it.

Oh the slur! HB is one book i did really like as a child - it helped to expand the NArnian world for me and put events in context and helped me learn about the surrounding lands - it also shows, fills in the gaps if you like, of what the children did whilst they were ruling - it helps with the character expansion and is packed full of imagery! I they don't make it, i shall save my pennies and make it myself!

One thing that HHB does, is introduces more of the system in Narnia that showed that even it was larger than we think. It also expands the lore of Narnia to include characters that are important to the Last Battle. I wouldn't have seen the significance of the soldier that worshipped the wrong onewithout that book to help expand that.

yeah. i liked(well like. i'm still reading it!) it a lot. i think that it is not nessisarry but is helpful, as Specter said.

It has been mentioned elseware, that in order to avoid racism HHB would be necessary if they were going to make LB.

Think about the calormens. If HHB is not made, moviegoers will only see the calormens as bad, evil people, people with arab/african looks. Could be construed by some as racist. However is HHB is made, we see the good side of Calormens in Aravis, and her friend, and even to some extent the old fisherman who took Shasta in.

Regardless, I would love to see HHB. I think it is a thrilling story, that could hold its own quite well.

If anything, they might tack the story onto one of the other movies. It's a good book, but I think that's the practical decision.

Practical, yes, but I don't think it's very feasible. It doesn't fit very well unless you muck around badly with the timeline.

Personally, I think that HHB is not vital to the story, but since it's my favourite after LWW, I hope it's made. Besides, it does give another dimension to Susan, and as other, smarter people have said, it does lessen the feeling of racism in the story.

~Nelli.

It's feasible, I think - there are different storytelling devices that could be used to incorporate it into other movies. HHB is an important part of the story for reasons already listed. I'd like to see it included.

My least favorite installment. It's not essential to the story, but it would be weird if they left it out. Hypothetically, if they left it out, they would just leave the parts about it out of LB.

well, I added a poll. Lots of answers, but then, there are lots of feelings about this particular story. Vote away.

Just voted for yes shoudl be made - just as worthy as the others. I can't believe how strongly I feel about this :lol: ! When i was much, much younger i will admit i didn't really see the point of the book but as I've re-read it over the years i've appreciated it a great deal more.
Without it Archenland would have remained a mystery, the world around Narnia itself would never have been explained, nor the importance of Tash- it adds to the colour of the world Lewis created and the CoN are made all teh better fro it! :p

it is part of the serie, so they should make it, but HHB was the only book i didn't enjoy very much

This book has to be made! I like it because it was one of the books that had a large battle in it and it links Narnia to Calormen and Archenland and is exciting while providing a little history of some of what happened when the four ruled...I wonder if they will choose to make it. If they dont, I hope someone might...(hmm, my little pet project of adapting it into a screenplay, just for fun, well, possibly something more)

Back